Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some advice

• 14-05-2015 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,779 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've a few stone (4) on me that I'd like to lose. Primarily in the stomach/midriff area.
    While I am aware that a healthier diet and more exercise is essentially the key to this I am having one main problem.
    My daily diet consists of Porridge in the morning, Tuna or Ham Salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spinach, beetroot) for lunch and chicken/fish with rice in the evening.
    I am finding that I am hungry at specific times in the day and a piece of fruit isnt cutting it.
    I've no problems in the morning, tis mostliy in the evening.
    Is there something a bit bulkier or something I can be doing so as not to get hungry in the evening etc? Also find it hard to avoid the odd pack of crisps and would dearly like to replace these with something better for me.
    Any guidance is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

I think you need to eat a bit more. And have something available for those times you tend to get hungry. Also make sure you're drinking enough water as thirst can be sometimes mistaken for hunger.

I tend to eat regularly across the day. If I got hungry fruit wouldn't do me, but by eating fruit mid-morning and mid afternoon and having a yogurt with it, I find I don't get as hungry.

My danger time is when I walk in door from work - I want something then and something fast! I can't say I'm hungry but it's a habit I've never been able to break. I make sure there is something for me to have - and often it is fruit or a yogurt. There is usually a pot of homemade soup around and I'd often have a bowl of that.

People have different views on carbs - I tend to eat them with each meal and that works for me. It might be worth adding some to your lunch - you could include cold pasta with your salad or a potato.

I think you could add veg to your evening meal as well. Having a nice full plate works for me. We add peppers and onions to almost every dish. If we're having something like roast chicken we'd have turnips, carrots, broccoli.

What I've done with crisps is allowed myself a packet one night a week. Likewise I have wine with my dinner Saturday night but not for rest of week. I find by setting some boundaries but still having my treats I don't feel deprived.

I drink 2-3 litres of water every day. I half fill a glass with cold and top with hot water and that works for me - I can drink loads of that whereas not so much cold water.

Best of luck with it!

Advertisement