Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyFitnessPal Alternative?

Options
  • 11-05-2015 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

I'm finding MyFitnesPal lacking in certain areas such as vitamin information and was wondering if anyone knew of an alternative ? I'm on ios8 & also use a fitbit1 to track exercise.

Ideally I'd be looking for something similar in that runtastic, fitbit etc integrates & it gets a lot more detail.

Also want it to work with apple health

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Cronometer tracks a lot oof nutrient information but I don't think there's anything that trumps MFP for the food database.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Thanks. The app itself isn't much good, but the website is. I wonder why MyFitnessPal don't support nutrients like this one does

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

OU812 wrote: »
    I wonder why MyFitnessPal don't support nutrients like this one does

MFP uses actual products and not generic values and the benefit to them would probably be low as the majority of people use it would probably be overwhelmed by too much info.

And for the majority, I suspect, calories and macros and the handful of nutrients are enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭shannonman81

I know MFP are bringing out a subscription service, I don't know how in depth it will go into the vitamins but might be worth looking into.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/may/05/myfitnesspal-premium-subscription-health-app

Advertisement