Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a bad present just one I'd never use.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

OP due to some evolutionary kink hears smells and tastes sounds, so if they used headphones they'd be hearing a beef dinner ,so therefor they're not practical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Gannicus wrote: »
    I don't see what the big enquiry is towards why I wouldn't use them.

I wouldn't use them due to a combination practicality and opportunity. I just need suggestions as to how I would convey that I appreciate the sentiment but that the gift isn't for me.

Been given a few suggestions, most of them pretty out there and absolutely no help and one that actually has some rationale behind it.

They are headphones. Of course there is an oppurtunity or a practical use for them.

Watch movie or listen to music in bed? There you go. One oppurtunity. Nothing better than headphones and alone time.

We just want To know why you couldn't possibly ever use headphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Gannicus wrote: »
    I don't see what the big enquiry is towards why I wouldn't use them.

I wouldn't use them due to a combination practicality and opportunity. I just need suggestions as to how I would convey that I appreciate the sentiment but that the gift isn't for me.

Been given a few suggestions, most of them pretty out there and absolutely no help and one that actually has some rationale behind it.

FFS.

I read this post this morning and it ticked me off and coming across it again now it's doing the same again. Sounds like the OP is pretentious and knows exactly what they want to do with the gift and just wants some validation or else is trying to come across as thoughtful yet so individual that they couldn't possibly countenance using something that doesn't fit in with the hipster persona they have worked so hard to create while at the same time being so thoughtful to not offend someone.

Just give the present to charity or have the balls to tell the friend who gave them to you, thanks but no thanks. Why come on a public forum asking for advice but then be dismissive when said advice doesn't fit in with your view which you don't describe yet obviously possess.

Going to find a dog to give a kick in the arse to release some of the stress i've developed over this.

Joking!!!

We just want To know why you couldn't possibly ever use headphones?

OPs ears are on the inside of his head so in order to use headphones, he'd have to stuff them up his nostrils?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Links234 wrote: »
    Why?! C'mon, WHY!? Do you have no head? Are you a head in a jar!? Just a brain in a jar?

Sounds feasible, especially the brain being in the jar. And said jar being far far away from the OP.

• Advertisement

I was awake all night puzzling over the conundrum that is this thread and I have it all figured out (I think).

OP has nothing to hook up to the headphones - no ipod/phone/anything else. So that means the headphones are not practical to him and he has no opportunity to use them. But he didn't want to sound impoverished to us all so he made a pretentious post to make himself appear clever and now he cannot back down and admit to the truth.

OP am I close?

OPs ears are on the inside of his head so in order to use headphones, he'd have to stuff them up his nostrils?

We are just the worst people for wanting to know.

Op will never deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

donna35 wrote: »
    I was awake all night puzzling over the conundrum that is this thread and I have it all figured out (I think).

OP has nothing to hook up to the headphones - no ipod/phone/anything else. So that means the headphones are not practical to him and he has no opportunity to use them. But he didn't want to sound impoverished to us all so he made a pretentious post to make himself appear clever and now he cannot back down and admit to the truth.

OP am I close?

It's true!!! And there was I displaying a lack of understanding towards the OP in an earlier post. Aww, am so embarassed.

I've an old ipod which doesn't work but nobody would have to know that. I can give it to the OP and they can look the part at least.

OP am I close?

How's he posting to boards without a pc or phone or tablet or something that would also use headphones? Something about that doesn't add up!

OP am I close?

And no laptop?

• Advertisement

How's he posting to boards without a pc or phone or tablet or something that would also use headphones? Something about that doesn't add up!

Exactly. Abd they have a headphone thing.

Ffs. Hipster op

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭blade1

So,seen as nobody has asked already op
    .....................................................................................................................
    WHY DON'T YOU F*CKIN' WANT THEM????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

I have the solution.

Give them to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭blade1

danrua01 wrote: »
    I have the solution.

Give them to me.

Ha! Some hope!
    The op won't even give a straight answer never mind the headphones!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

Is it just me or are a set of unwanted headphones not the real issue here. Sounds to me like you have bigger issues in your relationship with this person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I say the OP is just a Dr dre beats snob and refuses to wear anything better

So OP! Why wouldn't you use them? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Been mulling on this, but you lucky lucky bastarđ, that's a fecking great present. Seriously even if you only use them in the house once in a while. I'd have been delighted with them as a present. Kudos to the gifter. You ungrateful young whelp.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Surely you know someone who can use the headphones OP? Pawning off presents on others is what makes Christmas. One year I pawned off a used condom for a brand new car.

Jaysus, who gave you a used condom for Christmas?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Of all the presents in the world you would think a pair of Sennheiser headphones would be in the top three of useful and appreciated gifts. And from a housemate as well. OP, why not just move out and leave the headphones there for the lucky person who replaces you? No need for excuses when you're sweating it in the French Foreign Legion. Incidentally, headphones are of little use there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

OP, if housemate gave you a pair of Beats headphones would you feel the same way?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dan1

I cant see the problem with wearing them now and again just to keep the peace I'm sure you wont be expected to wear them 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

If a housemate gave me a pair of seinnheiser I would be chuffed. Hell if a housemate gave me a gift I would probably be pretty surprised. I got herbal tea from someone who should know I don't drink tea. I received the gift gratefully. What else am I gonna do? post a thread to boards, hardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

boscabheag wrote: »
    You're some dickhead.

You're the housemate, aren't ya?

If the housemate has seen this thread, can you confirm if the OP has a head or not? or if they're just a brain in a jar? we NEED to know why they wouldn't use said headphones!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matta Harri

Ah can't to tell us why you won't use them? Nobody likes a tease....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

i have it. They fell off the back of a lorry and he is a Garda so he couldn't possibly wear them Could he?????

No 2 He is deaf but has managed to fool his housemate all this time by lip reading

Just a thought. Holy God I am after checking out the price of them. Very generous gift alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

If they're HD201s I wouldn't worry too much, They're great but they're cheap.

And no laptop?

He stealthily borrows his housemate's laptop to post on Boards of course lol

• Advertisement

If the housemate has seen this thread, can you confirm if the OP has a head or not? or if they're just a brain in a jar? we NEED to know why they wouldn't use said headphones!

Housemate can you also provide us with address of OP so we can all go slap him around the earless head for frustrating so many people please. Ta muchly.

Advertisement