Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a bad present just one I'd never use.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

is it workout dvds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

parttime wrote: »
    I have questions.
    Are they good Sennheisers,cos if they are,then they are good to listen to.
    What the **** is Folk Metal?

There you go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Can't believe I just read I pages and still no clue as to why he doesn't want such a nice gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I think the housemate/gf has seen this thread and strangled him with the headphones cable for being an ungrateful plank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

donna35 wrote: »
    I think the housemate/gf has seen this thread and strangled him with the headphones cable for being an ungrateful plank.

I love a happy ending.

Can't believe I just read I pages and still no clue as to why he doesn't want such a nice gift!

I'm gonna guess...
      Monstrously large head ears located on a different body part Doesn't listen to music, only reads sheet music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I wouldn't use them either, never use headphones or earphones. I'm clearly mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

This has turned into one of those threads where I wish I hadn't opened. Come on OP why can't you use the freakin headphones? And give 'em to someone who will appreciate such an awesome gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

I wouldn't use them either, never use headphones or earphones. I'm clearly mental.

Well that's a given!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

I would never go out and buy them, but if someone gave me them I'd put them to use... why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Mickey H wrote: »
    Or Delain. ;)

Careful you don't shoot yourself in the nuts !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

My wife bought me a magic wand remote control a good few years ago, ... I did try 15 min to get it working but failed.

Has to be the most useless thing I've ever been bought .

Just pass me the sky remote already God dam it . cash in the Attic is on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

So op, why wouldn't you use them? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Maybe the OP actually works for Beats, and wearing other branded headphones or even being in possession of them could lead to some tricky legal battles thanks to some dodgy employment contracts he signed?

I'm out of ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I was actually hoping someone would buy me some sennheiser earphones for Christmas, but nobody did....

Instead, I got a pair of boots, perfume and 3 shower gel/body lotion gift sets.

Your lucky OP! Fancy doing a swop for the 3 gift sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was actually hoping someone would buy me some sennheiser earphones for Christmas, but nobody did....

Instead, I got a pair of boots, perfume and 3 shower gel/body lotion gift sets.

Your lucky OP! Fancy doing a swop for the 3 gift sets?

I have 3 pairs!

Call to mine later wearing the boots and you can have a set!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

maybe the OP is one of those delightful chaps that sits down the back of buses and uses the speaker on his phone to listen to whatever fabulous tunes are being belted out by avicci or whoever the fck the shytebags listen to these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

blade1 wrote: »
    I have 3 pairs!

Deal! PM your address....... Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

While we're on the topic of unwanted presents, no reflection on the person who gave me it, but jazus, John Cleese's autobiography is a complete bore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »
    I have 3 pairs!

Deal! PM your address....... Lol

Link below is proof of 3 pairs of sennheiser!
    Please supply proof of you in boots!:pac::pac:

FullSizeRender_zpsfb64a019.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

Hmmm. I'm not sure I could entirely trust someone who NEVER uses headphones/earphones. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

humbert wrote: »
    The OP might not have ears. Thoughtless insensitive gift.

He's fcuked next year when he gets a pair of sunglasses as a present then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

I don't see what the big enquiry is towards why I wouldn't use them.

I wouldn't use them due to a combination practicality and opportunity. I just need suggestions as to how I would convey that I appreciate the sentiment but that the gift isn't for me.

Been given a few suggestions, most of them pretty out there and absolutely no help and one that actually has some rationale behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Gannicus wrote: »

Don't see why you're being so secretive about why you can't/don't want to use them.
    You've piqued interest by your blatent omission of why its an unsatisfactory present.
    Now fess up OP, whats the craic?

I wouldn't use them due to a combination practicality and opportunity.

Why?! C'mon, WHY!? Do you have no head? Are you a head in a jar!? Just a brain in a jar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I wouldn't use them due to a combination practicality and opportunity. I just need suggestions as to how I would convey that I appreciate the sentiment but that the gift isn't for me.

Been given a few suggestions, most of them pretty out there and absolutely no help and one that actually has some rationale behind it.

What's in it for people to help you? Especially when you cannot be bothered to satisfy their curiosity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Tit for tat.

Practicality? You've no ears? No head?
    Opportunity? Don't listen to music?

Advertisement