Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A warning about registered Gas Installers

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭dersawazzie

Having worked all my gas work in the UK, in general the customers were always asking if I was CORGI/GasSafe registered. Asking to see my card was a regular occurrence. I would go as far as to say it was prohibitive to get work without it, even people wanting private work done would still expect to see a reg number.

This didn't and doesn't stop the non reg guys from working but it was as important to me as anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

This is where the main difference is Awareness!

In the UK people are aware of Corgi or Gas Safe and that operatives should be carrying their ID cards with them to be able to produce them on demand. There is nothing on the RGII web-site or TV ads showing people what the card looks like or advising them to ask about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Stick to common sense and you'll be grand.

If the installer looks like a cowboy, they probably are.

If the price is too good to be true, it most certainly is.

Stick to installers that come recommended and have reputation , they have both for a reason.

Advertisement