Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Froyo 2.2 released on wildfire

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

cardol wrote: »
    I've discovered that if I use HTC Sense to launch apps on my phone, everything works as it did before the update (while still having the firmware update), but if I select LauncherPro to launch apps, loads of widgets don't work anymore.

Launcherpro may not be written to work well with the very specific software of a wildfire since the update to 2.2, From what im told the firmware updates for a wildfire are vastly more complex then regular 2.2 updates due to the need for a screen resolution fix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

Btwndeyes wrote: »
    Launcherpro may not be written to work well with the very specific software of a wildfire since the update to 2.2, From what im told the firmware updates for a wildfire are vastly more complex then regular 2.2 updates due to the need for a screen resolution fix

:eek: Ooops, I've just paid for the pro version of LauncherPro because the app drawer at the bottom of the screen didn't show on the free version and it doesn't show on the HTC Sense launch pad. :eek:

cardol wrote: »
    :eek: Ooops, I've just paid for the pro version of LauncherPro because the app drawer at the bottom of the screen didn't show on the free version and it doesn't show on the HTC Sense launch pad. :eek:

i wouldnt worry, devs will be updating any apps that arent up to scratch, im not saying that is the problem just a possible cause!! launcherpro only has some of the htc sense widgets anyway as well as its own so that maybe why you are missing some?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭baz15

Still no sign of 2.2 for wildfire on 3 network.
    Surely they cant delay its release much longer?

baz15 wrote: »
    Still no sign of 2.2 for wildfire on 3 network.
    Surely they cant delay its release much longer?

have u contacted them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭baz15

Yes I have asked here on their forum and I have rang their customer service but neither have given me an answer as to when it will be released

baz15 wrote: »
    Yes I have asked here on their forum and I have rang their customer service but neither have given me an answer as to when it will be released

Well i know 02 in uk delayed till last week if i remember correctly hopefully itll come true soon for you, dont forget to check manually tho dont wait for the phone to tell you, it takes ages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Update: Still no update on 3 Ireland network
    17/01/2010

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Update:
    Via Patrick in the Three forum (Biz > "Talk to..." > 3)

First saying:
    3: Patrick wrote: »
    We're waiting on final sign off on this. What I'm going to do later on is post up some information on how software updates work and what happens when there is one due to give you an insight into why they can sometimes be delayed.

Do ye think that would be useful?

Than later saying...

3: Patrick wrote: »
    I'm told that it will be by the end of next week at the latest but I'll keep you posted if I hear that it is arriving earlier.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70277342&postcount=21

Fingers-crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

When I had my Wildfire and I updated to 2.2 I found that the messages app became really really laggy. Anybody else have problems like that? Glad I updated to a HD2 on 2.3. ;)

• Advertisement

LukeS_ wrote: »
    When I had my Wildfire and I updated to 2.2 I found that the messages app became really really laggy. Anybody else have problems like that? Glad I updated to a HD2 on 2.3. ;)

Dont use the stock app so i dont know!

Advertisement