Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Froyo 2.2 released on wildfire

Options
  • 20-12-2010 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭

Htc wildfire froyo update finally released.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Blue Ice

I’m on the 3 network went into system software updates and checked for updates - said I was up to date Firmware 2.1 update 1????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

Are 3 wilfire branded? if so 3 will have to add their own stuff to the update, if its unbranded it should be available, have it downloaded and working better then 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Blue Ice

I believe it is branded – looks like I have to wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

I was onto the Meteor Twitter people and they said that the Wildfire wasn't branded on Meteor, so does this mean the update will be available to us that bit quicker?

Seeing as the carrier doesn't have to put their own stamp on it.

Joe
    Bujinkan Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

joe_dunne wrote: »
    I was onto the Meteor Twitter people and they said that the Wildfire wasn't branded on Meteor, so does this mean the update will be available to us that bit quicker?

Seeing as the carrier doesn't have to put their own stamp on it.

yes

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote: »
    yes

you should already have it on meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭baz15

how long could it be before the 3 update is available?

baz15 wrote: »
    how long could it be before the 3 update is available?

shouldnt be long, id say tomorrow if they are working on it since it was released.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I got a prompt from the phone, and updated it on Meteor.

What difference should it make?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I tried updating it by using the wifi only option, because I don't want to be charged any extra for using the mobile network, but it keeps coming up as being paused due to the wifi connection not being on. But I checked and wifi is on :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭thebourke

are you sure you are connected to a wifi network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

I'm on Meteor and upgraded last night. It defaults to 3 screens as opposed to the normal 5, but you can change that in Settings.

Does anyone notice there are less Widgets? Friends Stream isn't in the Widgets list or LauncherPro list. If you select Facebook in LauncherPro list, it says to login on LP Widget Settings. But after you login, you land on the Request for Permission page, but it won't let you click Allow. I've been trying since last night. :(

Music Player no longer shows Album covers, just a generic music note. I've downloaded Mort Player and it's pretty good.

I'm also getting Force Close a lot and then get shunted to Market.

However, I use Phone Usage a lot and had to buy it last night whereas before it was free. I also had to buy Launcher Pro. These apps are not available as screen widgets otherwise. They were only a few Euros each, but that's still a disadvantage with an upgrade.:mad:

Hopefully most these are just bugs in the system and will be ironed out with a fix soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

since the update i have not been able to get the mobile internet. i have cell signal but no internet. any suggestions?

Martron wrote: »
    since the update i have not been able to get the mobile internet. i have cell signal but no internet. any suggestions?

matron what i did was went in to settings>wirless and networks>mobile networks>access point names and for some reason doing this refreshes it automatically, worked on my gfs wildfire too, dont change anything just have open it up. hope this helps!!

cardol wrote: »
    I'm on Meteor and upgraded last night. It defaults to 3 screens as opposed to the normal 5, but you can change that in Settings.

Does anyone notice there are less Widgets? Friends Stream isn't in the Widgets list or LauncherPro list. If you select Facebook in LauncherPro list, it says to login on LP Widget Settings. But after you login, you land on the Request for Permission page, but it won't let you click Allow. I've been trying since last night. :(

Music Player no longer shows Album covers, just a generic music note. I've downloaded Mort Player and it's pretty good.

However, I use Phone Usage a lot and had to buy it last night whereas before it was free. I also had to buy Launcher Pro. These apps are not available as screen widgets otherwise. They were only a few Euros each, but that's still a disadvantage with an upgrade.:mad:

Hopefully most these are just bugs in the system and will be ironed out with a fix soon....
    i have none of your problems and am on meteor

Btwndeyes wrote: »
    i have none of your problems and am on meteor

Must be a glitch on the upgrade then...do you have a Wildfire too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

message just popped up there for an update :)..joy!

Must be a glitch on the upgrade then...do you have a Wildfire too?

Ya a wildfire, only problem i had was with the apn but thats easily fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Getting one tomorrow on 3 network will i just be prompted for the update when i turn it on??

And what differences is there to 2.1, Do i even need to do it? Would i be missing out on anything as such?

baraca wrote: »
    Getting one tomorrow on 3 network will i just be prompted for the update when i turn it on??

And what differences is there to 2.1, Do i even need to do it? Would i be missing out on anything as such?

i presume ull have to upgrade urself, difference is much smoother running, better battery time, wifi hotspot capabilities, and also some apps are coming out that will only support 2.2+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

matron what i did was went in to settings>wirless and networks>mobile networks>access point names and for some reason doing this refreshes it automatically, worked on my gfs wildfire too, dont change anything just have open it up. hope this helps!!

I also had this problem.

Well done! This was one of the very few places I hadn't looked, I went in there, and Meteor Internet was there and unticked. I ticked it and everything works. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I got a message about it the other day but I had very little battery left at the time so I didnt accept it. Where do I go to get the update now?

Edit: Forget that, found Check for updates in Settings

Edit 2: Just finished the update. Took approx 20 minutes or so, seemed fairly straight forward. Version is now 2.2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

i presume ull have to upgrade urself, difference is much smoother running, better battery time, wifi hotspot capabilities, and also some apps are coming out that will only support 2.2+

Went onto system software updates and it says there's none available. Checked my firmware says im running 2.1 update 1?? I'm on 3 pay

baraca wrote: »
    Went onto system software updates and it says there's none available. Checked my firmware says im running 2.1 update 1?? I'm on 3 pay

baraca, 3 wildfires are branded, which means 3 will have add some branded apps to the update before they release it, because of christmas 3 dev's were prob not there so hopefully u should have it soon as they get back to work, if you want try emailing 3 and asking if it will be rrleased shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

If I'm on O2 can I update to Froyo?

If I'm on O2 can I update to Froyo?

depends on wether the phone is branded or not, but even if it is branded you shouldnt have llong to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dpahealy

I have an unlocked wildfire that is branded to 3. I use an o2 sim card though. Anybody know who i should be getting the update from, o2 or will i have to put in a 3 pay sim to update. Can't wait to update to froyo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Potentially dumb question, but do I have to back up any files or anything before updating?

Potentially dumb question, but do I have to back up any files or anything before updating?

I uninstalled a few of my larger apps to make room on my phone memory for the update, then just re-installed them again.

• Advertisement

I've discovered that if I use HTC Sense to launch apps on my phone, everything works as it did before the update (while still having the firmware update), but if I select LauncherPro to launch apps, loads of widgets don't work anymore.

Advertisement