Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed Driving Test

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mal1 wrote:
    i said that some people say that you must be in the right hand lane.
    Who said you must be in the right hand lane? I haven't been able to find the quote. Any chance that you would quote it for me? (I'm not being smart - I genuinely can't find it. Has it been edited?)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Originally Posted by EWheelChair
    If you're not taking the first exit you HAVE to take the inside lane. I personally hate people on round abouts who are in the wrong lane, or don't indicate coming on, or getting off.

The first exit is usual before the 12 0 clock position so i'm taking this as saying that you should be in the right hand lane to go straight ahead. I Know you can easily pick holes in my observation and do so if you want.

Originally Posted by elvis2002
    It seems in Dublin everyone goes into left lane to take an exit at 12 o' clock.

My first reply to this quote asked if elvis was implying that it is wrong to be in the left hand lane. Come on a little common sense.....It's not clever to use the right hand lane at a round about to overtake or when there is only one lane at the exit at the 12 o'clock position. You will find yourself competing with others from the left hand lane.

Finally, remember that the advanced driving journal is written for the rules of the road in Britain and hence don't always apply to the Irish rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mal1 wrote:
    Originally Posted by EWheelChair
    If you're not taking the first exit you HAVE to take the inside lane.
    Sorry mal 1, I see what you mean. I missed it because I was looking for 'right' instead of 'inside'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

sorry to hear you failed
    i passed my theory test yesterday with 37/40
    but im sure thats so simple compared to the driving test
    good luck next time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Idbatterim wrote:
    There should be a book and code of procedures simple as that, no messing around, excuses etc!
    What a good idea. So simple yet so good. The governement should get some experts together and formulate a load of procedures that, when taken togther show us how to drive on the road.

Driving instructors could then take these procedures and use them like a guide to teach their students. You know, it is crazy enough to actually work.

What would we call it....hmmmm. I suppose we could call it "Procedures of the road." That would do it. Hold on a minute.....how about this? Why not put other stuff in to too? Stuff like what signs mean, speed limits and stuff like that? Sort of the rules that you follow when driving. Yes, I think that is it.

We will call it "The rules and procedures you must following when you are driving on the road." Brilliant. No, hold on, that is too long. "The rules and procedures of the road." Naw, still too long. Oh oh, how about "The Rules of the Road."

What do you think guys? Could it work? I am going to send a mail to my TD now.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 steinbock

Alun wrote:
    People who think it actually makes sense to leave a roundabout while indicating right should be given an immediate 1 year driving ban and be subjected to a psychological test IMO.

its bizarre how often this actually happens, i see it about two or three times a day driving around town !

its also not that uncommon to see people using the left hand lane turning right. you see this even on stanrard roundabouts, not just the some of the badly designed ones.

Advertisement