Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Starting it again

Options
  • 23-10-2010 2:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭

Goin in again from episode 1..gonna go all the way through..this is gonna be great, it's even better the second time around apparently..anyone with me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Seen it 5 or 6 times so far. Been about long enough to go again but I actually have stuff going on in my life for once. :pac:

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just finished it a few days back. Great, great show.
    Will be a while before I dive into again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished it for the fourth time there earlier this week. It's still as good as ever, because even though you know what's coming, you appreciate the build up that much more, and might pick up on a few things you didn't think were important or just didn't notice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Yep,better the 2nd time,especially season 2.

Watched it 4 times myself. Might go for a 5th closer to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

tvnutz wrote: »
    Yep,better the 2nd time,especially season 2.

Watched it 4 times myself. Might go for a 5th closer to Christmas.

I'd definitely agree with this. Season 2 is probably one of my favourites now. I'm still ploughing through Oz, Mad Men and The Sopranos(:o) now, so it'll be a while before I get around to watching it for a third time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

they get better each time you watch them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

There's a sad empty feeling once you've finished the series...just want it to go on and on. great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Just started it again myself last nite, been about 2 years since i finished it...my memory is crap when it comes to films and tv, so most of it will be as if i haven't seen it before..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Watching it for the second time now meself!!

On season 3 at the minute and it really is a much better watch the second time round!!

You know whats coming but it means you can focus in more of the smaller details of the storyline and it just makes it alot more enjoyable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 d.draper

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Watching it for the second time now meself!!

On season 3 at the minute and it really is a much better watch the second time round!!

You know whats coming but it means you can focus in more of the smaller details of the storyline and it just makes it alot more enjoyable!!

Great to know its as good second time around. Wouldn't have thought that to be the case. Hopefully we'll get snowed in over Christmas and I'll go again!

• Advertisement

Started rewatching it last week and it's just as good the tenth time around as it was that first time. It's the most rewatchale and truly astonishing shows ever made. Watching the finale of season 4 a few minutes back I was wiping tears from my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bswan

just watched it 2nd time around a while back, defo pick up on a lot more especially on season 3 where people are gettin shot every few minutes its easier too stay clued in to that season! Njoy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DonOcelot

Ive only finished it a few months ago but im dying to start it again, like one guy said above, theres an empty feeling when its over so this will be my cure. But its the sort of show you have to have time for, so might wait til after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

The show was recommended to me by someone last night and I've watched episode 1 so far.
    I'll bet you're jealous. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 IvanW

I've just started on the boxset again because of the cold weather. One word Class

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Yeah, I've just started it again on Friday. On the last ep of the 1st season now. I have to agree about the whole "better the second time" thing, ya pick up so much more etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

Definitely better the second time round. I particularly found season 2 to be much more enjoyable when picking up on the small elements I missed first time round. The politics storylines also make much more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Just started watching it the week before last. starting on season 3 now tonight:D, must say im totally addicted.
    Meant to start watching it for ages and ages

Just want to know do ye rekon it gets better as it goes on? or does it get a bit crappy toward the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭samboshy

JustLen wrote: »
    Just started watching it the week before last. starting on season 3 now tonight:D, must say im totally addicted.
    Meant to start watching it for ages and ages

Just want to know do ye rekon it gets better as it goes on? or does it get a bit crappy toward the end?

IMO the wire never really lived up to the level it set in the first season. The second season was by far the worst of all of them but in the end 4 and 5 were pretty good still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

samboshy wrote: »
    The second season was by far the worst of all of them but in the end 4 and 5 were pretty good still.

The second season was my favourite and I know several other people who feel the same way. It seems to really be a love-it-or-hate-it season though.

Season 5 was the worst, but still better than 99% of TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

I watched season 1-5 a few weeks back, what a discovery! :D

Amazing T.V really enjoyed season 2! =)

would recommend watching it to anyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

My house mate has started watching it for the first time recently, so I've been watching it with most chances I can get.

Even second time around it's a brilliant show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

i tried watching it a few weeks ago and i gave the first episode a half hour and i knocked it off.am i doing it a diservice?it just didnt grab me like the west wing or 24 or sopranos etc.
    does it take time to get going?
    maybe its me? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bog wrote: »
    Definitely better the second time round. I particularly found season 2 to be much more enjoyable when picking up on the small elements I missed first time round. .

Season 2 was my favourite

There are lots of small things
    Like look at the dart board in the union office and you'll see the owner who took the Baltimore Colts out of the city.
    Probably the most hated man in the city

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

re watching it myself again. Half way through season 3.

Its great tv

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Almost done watching the full series for the 3rd time.
    Generation Kill and The Corner are on their way to fill the gap that will be left once i have finished season 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

crazygeryy wrote: »
    i tried watching it a few weeks ago and i gave the first episode a half hour and i knocked it off.am i doing it a diservice?it just didnt grab me like the west wing or 24 or sopranos etc.
    maybe its me? lol

Yeah it takes a while to get into it. It's pretty slow moving but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭spartan1

crazygeryy wrote: »
    maybe its me? lol

you really have to try again, it has been said it is the best show ever made.........really, you must give it another go

I did same thing on my first go, half an hour then left it, but one day i tried again..........its all in the game.

Forget the hype, just watch it and appreciate it for what it gives you, it'll come i assure you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Just take a day where you really have nothing better to do and where you have the time to see at least 3 episodes in a row, prefereably 5.
    If you are not hooked then, it probably will not happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

The first time I watched the series through, I thought the second season wasn't great.

The second viewing, the whole thing was just so much better because I knew how it all fit together.

Advertisement