Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

All,

If the demand % is low does this alos affect the ticket price or just bums on seats?

I ask this as one of my bases has dropped to 65% demand. And was wondering if I should move the 30+ aircraft from this base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

If anyone was to buy shares in Breffney Airlines, i'd be very happy. Only started playing yesterdya but hooked already. Expect big things, 'cos i cant let the breffmiester down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    If anyone was to buy shares in Breffney Airlines, i'd be very happy. Only started playing yesterdya but hooked already. Expect big things, 'cos i cant let the breffmiester down :D
    10K bought

Edit: Shares just hit $41!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

60x DC9-40
    8X MD80
    5XDC10-10
    1XB753
    1XA342
    4XB731
    1XB737-700ER
    2XB734
    7XB735
    1XB736
    1X762
    1XB732ADV
    1XB737C
    3X707
    STOCKS UP FROM 2.47 TO 2.97 IN THE LAST 12 HOURS
    38MILLION LBS FUEL IN THE TANK

Do aircraft crash in this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭crisco10

ynwa_17 wrote: »

Used my last 100,000 shares on you.... Just don't make the biggest mess of all the messers! ;)

• Advertisement

Well anyone who bought at 11c, just made 1c per share. But im in it for the long haul, cant see much study being done this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

gaff85 wrote: »
    All,

If the demand % is low does this alos affect the ticket price or just bums on seats?

I ask this as one of my bases has dropped to 65% demand. And was wondering if I should move the 30+ aircraft from this base.

Ticket price is effected by distance travelled (in general there are exceptions).
    % demand has an impact on how many tickets you will sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

kippy wrote: »
    Ticket price is effected by distance travelled (in general there are exceptions).
    % demand has an impact on how many tickets you will sell.

Usually i'll close an itinerary when it drops below 90%,the $5,000 close fee is worth it if you can pick up another route with 99% demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

I'm hows things airlines , buy now while their cheap, going spend time on this now.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Usually i'll close an itinerary when it drops below 90%,the $5,000 close fee is worth it if you can pick up another route with 99% demand.
    Well,
    The demand can drop to %85 and you can still have full flights I have found but yes, that 5k fee for dropping a route is worth paying if you are losing 10 or 20 seats per flight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

fuel at €150 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

I'm saving for a 787, but just saw this price so spent all my $14,250,000 to buy 95,000,000lbs of fuel! That'll keep me going for a while, but pity I've no money to get the 100,000,000 achievement!

managed to get 60mill. by the time I set off a few flights and came back to buy the rest the price went back up again. :(

First time I seen it at €150. I thought 400 was as low as it went?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

clown bag wrote: »
    fuel at €150 :eek:

Damn it- Facebook is firewalled here!!!

Shane

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Back at $2100 :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

at $2,100 again , dammit I missed it :(

clown bag wrote: »
    managed to get 60mill. by the time I set off a few flights and came back to buy the rest the price went back up again. :(

First time I seen it at €150. I thought 400 was as low as it went?

It was at $200 per 1000lb about three/four weeks for a few days ago during the time when some company found some major reserves of fule......(according to the latest news section)
    $150 is the lowest I have seen.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Did everyone cash in their 200 pax points seasonal offer? (go to your mail box)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Coolio

gaff85 wrote: »
    What was the aircraft? as AM is a little flakey and if it is a bug like the A318 might be still there.

aircraft was b767-200. Bought plane, selected route when flight screen came up there were two flights waiting to be started...they're happily flying away, i know they're seperate as i have to advertise them both and staff/maintian them as well.

Whats the a318 bug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Click on the "Achievements" link on the overview page (app's home page), it should then update and give you your bonus!

I have done that about 20 times and still no 747 achievement. Its been 3 days now....

• Advertisement

wayne2107 wrote: »
    I have done that about 20 times and still no 747 achievement. Its been 3 days now....
    you'll get it eventually. I only got the hub achievement the other day, a week after I selected one. Got my logo one within an hour. The other achievements have been applied randomly as well, sometimes days after earning them. clicking the update achievement thing doesn't always work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GiBBYAir

Dacian wrote: »
    Are you Paul ...

I am! I take it you know me!?

I've scanned through the last 80-odd pages and have noticed the stuff I published on the AM forum a few weeks ago has been reposted another FOUR times on this thread!!!! I'm glad to see it was useful!

And yes, to those who've asked is the info reliable, well I been playing for a while now and I noticed that the prices alternated throughout the day so they weren't random, therefore I decided to log when they changed... I can now tell when the fuel goes up and down for each hour through the day, but not always...

For example - and I have to laugh, I was busy earlier so I missed the $150 fuel price :rolleyes: ... not to worry, I've noticed a slight pattern there aswell so I'll wait another while longer before I could post it here with any certainty!

If any of you have definite dates and times when the REALLY LOW prices appear, send them to me and I'll be able to verify that pattern!

By the way, Fuel will be back down to $400 per 1,000lbs by 11pm tonight Irish Time! But don't panic if AM is undergoing maintenance, it'll still be $400 when they come back - but only until midnight when it again goes up to $1,600! ;)

GiBBY Airlines

And there it is - $400!!! yeah!

GiBBYAir wrote: »
    I am! I take it you know me!?

I've scanned through the last 80-odd pages and have noticed the stuff I published on the AM forum a few weeks ago has been reposted another FOUR times on this thread!!!! I'm glad to see it was useful!

And yes, to those who've asked is the info reliable, well I been playing for a while now and I noticed that the prices alternated throughout the day so they weren't random, therefore I decided to log when they changed... I can now tell when the fuel goes up and down for each hour through the day, but not always...

For example - and I have to laugh, I was busy earlier so I missed the $150 fuel price :rolleyes: ... not to worry, I've noticed a slight pattern there aswell so I'll wait another while longer before I could post it here with any certainty!

If any of you have definite dates and times when the REALLY LOW prices appear, send them to me and I'll be able to verify that pattern!

By the way, Fuel will be back down to $400 per 1,000lbs by 11pm tonight Irish Time! But don't panic if AM is undergoing maintenance, it'll still be $400 when they come back - but only until midnight when it again goes up to $1,600! ;)

GiBBY Airlines

You my friend, are a genius :D Any advice for my airline, breffney airlines? It would be much obliged

Also i though you could only sell 1000000 shares i semm to have sold
    Sold: 1,077,996

And there it is again - $1,600!!! yeaaahh!

@Breffney - advice for you eh? Well I wouldn't want to set a precedent and then deny others the same advice so I'll just say this...

If you're starting off from scratch...
    1. Fly your planes with Billboard advertising, they are almost always full, and make sure you only buy it in 3 or 4 day blocks when it's cheapest - Mon & Thursdays - $5,000

2. Buy fuel at $400 on Saturdays and Wednesdays only - buy enough for your planes - don't go nuts at the start, you can't buy both planes AND fuel in the early days!!

3. DON'T waste your pax points on fuel, they are VEEEERY slow to get back - save for something you really want!

4. SAVE for at least 3 or 4 days at a time to buy good aircraft, don't buy lots of little ones - staff costs get crazy

5. Don't chase the achievements at the start, concentrate on building a good fleet.

6. It will take you at least 4 weeks to build up a decent fleet - just be patient

I've been playing this for 2 months now and now I'm making about $400 million per day! Building up slowly at first and then pow!!!... a bit like 1x2=2 ... 2x2=4 ... 4x2=8 ... 8x2=16 ... 16x2=32 ... 32x2=64 ... 64x2=128 ... 128x2=256 ... 256x2=512 ... 512x2=1024 ... 1024x2=2048 ... 2048x2=4096 and so on... building rapidly in the later stages!

GiBBY Airlines

Any should i be focusing on longer routes that bring in more money but take longer to recover or shorter journeys where you can do them more often?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

changed my mind on the 747 and spent a load of cash today upgrading capacity on my short haul flights so now have 66 routes flying:

B757-300 1
    Jetstream 41 1
    Legacy 500 2
    Phenom 100 1
    Yak-42D 34
    BAC 111-500 6
    B737-200C 2
    B707 20

Now gonna concentrate on saving up and buying 2 B747s before embarking on a mission to have a route flying from Dublin that lands in every country :)

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1424898799

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

miju wrote: »
    changed my mind on the 747 and spent a load of cash today upgrading capacity on my short haul flights so now have 66 routes flying:

B757-300 1
    Jetstream 41 1
    Legacy 500 2
    Phenom 100 1
    Yak-42D 34
    BAC 111-500 6
    B737-200C 2
    B707 20

Now gonna concentrate on saving up and buying 2 B747s before embarking on a mission to have a route flying from Dublin that lands in every country :)

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1424898799

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the world's biggest spider! :eek: LOOK OUT!!

p.s. nice route map :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Shzm wrote: »
    OneWing Airlines could do with a few more investors.

Shares are at $2.46 and have risen about $0.40 since this time yesterday and are only going to rise faster.

Currently about a day away from buying our first 747-300 aircraft.

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=532645074

OneWing Airlines first 747-300 has arrived and shares have now risen over $3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

I have had some onewing at 3.03 hope it rises.

Advertisement