Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bourne 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Damon has a bit of a bromance with Greengrass so I cant see him returning without him at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hopefully this film will start with Bourne offing Cross :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I enjoyed the last bourne movie (all of them infact), would love to see the cross over with both in it

• Registered Users Posts: 85,185 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gandalf wrote: »
    Hopefully this film will start with Bourne offing Cross :)

I quite liked Renner as Cross and think he did well in Bourne 4

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Can't remember where I read it so it may not be reliable, but I do remember an interview where Matt Damon said he would not be interested in doing a crossover type story between Bourne and Cross. I don't really mind which character features (or both) in a sequel as long as its as good as what went before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I found the last Bourne movie so dull!

The studio is negotiating to get Greengrass and Damon back Source

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Even if Damon came back, I wouldn't be too interested in this.
    Bourne Legacy was just an incredibly boring movie; nothing really happened.
    And while I like Jeremy Renner; the character Aaron Cross was dull as dishwater.

Just doesn't make sense to write Jason back into it either. His story had a really good conclusion, cheapens it to bring him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Even if Damon came back, I wouldn't be too interested in this.
    Bourne Legacy was just an incredibly boring movie; nothing really happened.
    And while I like Jeremy Renner; the character Aaron Cross was dull as dishwater.

Just doesn't make sense to write Jason back into it either. His story had a really good conclusion, cheapens it to bring him back.

I'm sure Renner is a nice guy, but I don't think he can carry a movie by himself. As for Bourne Legacy, well it just meandered around for me. And then it ended. Like a walk you'd have to kill an hour or two. I know they fla'd the books, but I wish they'd leave Bourne well enough alone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

If they do make a 5th one with Damon I hope they ignore legacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I am very happy to hear that Damon is back for this - he really is the only person to drive a Bourne film after the 3 crackers he did. I would tend to ignore Legacy also. Decent without being great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I missed the fourth film. Worth seeing?

I enjoyed the first and second, the second one being better in my opinion.

Its now official Damon is returing to Bourne.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/11/09/matt-damon-confirms-he-is-returning-for-another-bourne-film

Matt Damon has confirmed that he will reprise his role as Jason Bourne. The actor told E! News that he will be reuniting with director Paul Greengrass on the duo's third Bourne collaboration and fifth installment in the franchise overall. Damon's close friend Ben Affleck originally spilled the beans on the project, saying that Damon would start working on a new Bourne movie next fall.
    "Yes, next year," Damon said when asked for clarification. "It'll be in 2016 when the movie will actually come out. [Director] Paul Greengrass is going to do another one and that's all I ever said. I just needed him to say yes."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Jumboman wrote: »
    Its now official Damon is returing to Bourne.

If they're both back in them I'm officially hyped! The other three were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,536 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I actually think the third film was even a step too far ,it lacked the substance and continuity of the first two films.
    It seemed to just be a cash cow, an unnecessary added ending to a story that was told perfectly within the first two films.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Loved the original Bourne Trilogy,thought the last flick was very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ushabye

All three Bourne films are superlative in their own way. I strongly disagree the third film was unnecessary padding. As for the continuity, the structure of Ultimatum was very smart in how it adapted the end of Supremacy into its own timeline. Legacy was a solid side story to the circus going down around Bourne. Though it felt oddly like it lacked a third act. I was somehow expecting a further action sequence to follow the what turned out to be the climactic bike chase.

As for the return of Bourne...well, what we didn't learn at the climax of Ultimatum was WHY David Webb signed up to Treadstone in the first place. There's still more story to tell...

Plus there is no more a master of shakey-cam action than Greenglass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Really hoping for a (Aaron) cross over with the Bourne stories. Legacy was the weakest of the four for me but it was let down by a script that ran out of ideas. If they could get a good story going then a Bourne/Cross collaboration could make a great film. Hopefully it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

So now I'm wondering...the 5th film was announced a good while ago with Renner and the director and everything...now with Damon and Greengrass on board its like the studio just said "Its alright lads, we have our A-team now, we don't need you anymore"

Really hoping for a (Aaron) cross over with the Bourne stories. Legacy was the weakest of the four for me but it was let down by a script that ran out of ideas. If they could get a good story going then a Bourne/Cross collaboration could make a great film. Hopefully it happens

They should just ignore the 4th bourne film all together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,923 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Would love to see them follow in the footsteps of the books and pit Bourne against Carlos the Jackal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Any word yet on the plot ?

Alicia Vikander in talks for lead role

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Vincent Cassel in to play villain assassin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

I actually think the third film was even a step too far ,it lacked the substance and continuity of the first two films.
    It seemed to just be a cash cow, an unnecessary added ending to a story that was told perfectly within the first two films.

I like the lot of them, 2 and 3 are effectively part 1 and 2 of a sequel to The Bourne Identity so I tend to judge them as a single film.

The new movie has been described as taking place in a 'post wikileaks and Edward Snowden world' whatever that means for the plot, perhaps 'The Bourne Whistleblower?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The last one was so bad I turned it off after an hour and I would never do that to any movie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Vincent Cassel in to play villain assassin

ah f*ck!!!

Can't stand the guy ..

Advertisement