The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread) - Page 481 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-04-2015, 17:58   #7201
adrenalinjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadfly View Post
Are yours pet related SMX? I've been thinking of getting a small one, maybe a pawprint but unsure what to get. Also afraid of pain which doesn't help!
I've been thinking about getting a tiny pawprint behind my ear for a long time. The only thing putting me off is in case I ever have to tie my hair up for work and they would think it inappropriate.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-04-2015, 18:35   #7202
SillyMangoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadfly View Post
Are yours pet related SMX? I've been thinking of getting a small one, maybe a pawprint but unsure what to get. Also afraid of pain which doesn't help!
2 of the 6 I have are related to my pets, one is of a cat sitting on the moon which was for an old cat I had, and I have 6 paw prints going down my spine, 2 for each of my current kitties! The rest were ones I just liked and the most recent is a tribute to a relative who passed away.
Honestly the pain isn't that bad depending on the area, generally the more flesh in an area, the lesser the pain so the one on my foot was quite painful yet the one on my thigh which was a lot bigger and took a lot longer I hardly felt a thing!

Last edited by SillyMangoX; 25-04-2015 at 18:39.
25-04-2015, 18:42   #7203
SillyMangoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinjunkie View Post
I've been thinking about getting a tiny pawprint behind my ear for a long time. The only thing putting me off is in case I ever have to tie my hair up for work and they would think it inappropriate.
Might be no harm in asking in work if they'd mind it, some places wouldn't! Or you could always get it someplace easier to hide. No one knows I've tattoos unless I show them and some of mine are quite big!
Thanks from:
25-04-2015, 18:45   #7204
Zapperzy

Iv one on the back of my shoulder, I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt but it was a sort of sharp vibration, I'm quite a wuss but found it very bearable. I'd love another but I can't settle on what to get, I'd love a tribute to bunty in some way.
25-04-2015, 19:00   #7205
toadfly

I would love one of the dogs actual pawprints, must get one of Ozzies mucky print and see how big it would be.
Advertisement
25-04-2015, 19:47   #7206
Pumpkinseeds

I was going to have a very big Cheshire Cat tattooed under my armpit to cover massive surgical scar tissue but then another area flared up so no tattoo for me. On the plus side, it was going to cost around 300 quid and take up to 4 hours, so I don't think Mr Pumpkinseeds is too disappointed.
Yesterday, 08:51   #7207
mymo

We had light rain pretty much all day yesterday and cats were all in energy saving mode around the house, except Ruby, who wailed at me for 5 or 10 minutes at a time about every hour.

No amount of hugs and cuddles would stop it, she continued grumbling even while purring in our arms.

Didn't help that I ran out of dry food, so of course they all wanted it, ignoring the extra helpings of the wet food they normally love.
I got a small box of go cat to tide them over until I can get to a place that sells good quality food, and today is sunny again so I have peace this morning!
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 11:26   #7208
Mech1

Bluetits are moving into my nestbox!

Live camera / sound here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mech11
Yesterday, 14:45   #7209
Pumpkinseeds

I hate that all the best photo ops happen when I don't have a camera with me. Poppy was under the duvet cover peeking out at me when I was changing the bedlinen last night. It looked like she was wearing a cloak, but of course I'd left my phone downstairs.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 22:26   #7210
mymo

Anyone any advice for getting tablets into a very strong, large and REALLY angry cat?

Toby had a fight about 6 weeks ago, bite marks in his neck, which turned to an abscess, cleaned it up daily with salt water (as much as I could, he wasn't happy) but after a week it was back so had to go to vet and get antibiotics. Only got half the tablets into him, was nearly disembowelled, both arms were shredded and he tried to bite my face, still growls if I look at him 2 weeks later, and I think it's filling with pus again
Just tried to look at it while giving him a worm tablet, thought I felt a pocket again.
Today, 10:05   #7211
Kovu
Nie moj cyrk, Nie moje malpy

Wrap him in a towel and shove the tablet into this gob in a lump of butter?
Today, 11:42   #7212
Pumpkinseeds

Could the vet not give him an antibiotic injection? We do that with our Toby as he's impossible to get tablets into. Maybe get some Parazole worming liquid to add to his food instead of the worm tablet. We were using Broadline flea/wormer but my cats had worrying responses to it at the weekend and we won't be buying it again.
(2) thanks from:
Today, 13:06   #7213
mymo

I was using a towel and two people, one holding him one dosing, never under estimate how strong and viscious an angry and stressed cat can be!

He got anti biotic injection and 5 days tablets to follow up, only got 3 into him, and my wounds are just healing.
Hes actually a nice friendly cat most of the time, but was clearly treated badly before we got him and hates being held on too.
(2) thanks from:
Today, 19:25   #7214
Pumpkinseeds

I was playing with Felix in the hall and he was doing the bum wiggling to make me throw something for him to maul, so I threw his catnip banana to him and accidentally hit him on the head with it. He didn't seem bothered though.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion