Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lissavane wrote: »
    Bit of a change of opinion there but that's no harm, I suppose.

Forgive my cynicism, but I imagine that some f****r, who knows who they are, will manage to subvert and ultimately destroy any solution that's found.

It's a shame but the instinct to meddle and undermine systems that work seems to be part of the Irish psyche. In this case it started quite early and was tolerated for too long IMHO.

Well thats because the poster made the suggestion after my initial post and his/her post convinced me- I think having a superthread with all the offers in it with no chat allowed is a good solution to this problem. It certainly beats derailing the Aldi thread for those people who want to come here and only see Aldi offers.

The potential problem with a Superthread for Veg and Meat offers though is someone has to take responsibility for posting them up and if the offers all are announced at different times/dates then that a hassle that the poster will soon get tired of doing and over three or four months it'll all fall apart, like it did last time, when the poster goes on an extended break. At that point everyone will then be left saying sure we'd just be better off having individual threads for each supermarket and then let those who shop there all the time post the offers in each individual thread. So we'd be back to square one all over again.

I couldnt care less which solution people want so long as the current mess stops. Either this thread should be relabelled and a new one started just for Aldi or we go down the Superthread route and if it all does fall apart in a few months time then let that be the end of it and from then on individual supermarket threads only. If the Superthread does work out then great, that'd be a solution for everyone to find the offers they want and without the bickering chat about who sells the best bananas which can often make these BA threads very sore on the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Super six Thursday 11th September to Wednesday 24th September!
    Leeks 500 grams was 1.49c now 59c save 90 cent.
    Red Globe Grapes 500 grams was 1.39 now 59c save 80 cent.
    Butternut Squash was 1.29 now 59c save 70 cent.
    Pineapple was 1.29 now 59c save 70 cent.
    Plums 500 grams was 99c now 59c save 40 cent.
    Salad potatoes 1kg was 99c now 59c save 40 cent.

Super six meats same dates apply!
    Pork loin joint plain/stuffed was 6.99 now 6.00 save 99cent.
    Large ham 2kg was 8.99 now 6.00 save 2.99.
    Round roast beef joint 1.16kg 6.00.
    Breaded chicken fillets 750 grams was 6.65 now 6.00 save 65 cent.
    8 chicken fillets portions 824 grams 6.00.
    Irish striploin steaks 376 grams was 6.99 now 6.00 save 99 cent.

Well that super six + six beats the pants off tesco's miserable offering!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I think this weeks super 6 was much better value, got 600g of mince and 1.5kg of spuds for €3.49, that's at least 4 days with of cottage pies sorted!

Not to mention the pork chops and chicken fillets for 3 each!

The meat looks much better last week alright. The veg isn't bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Just the bargains and no chat would certainly make the thread easier to read.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

OK Here they are,

321783.png

321784.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

foggy_lad wrote: »
    OK Here they are,

Do the Hams look remotely that nice in reality? If they did I'd stick two of them in my freezer for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Anyone know if the grapes are seedless? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

andreac wrote: »
    Anyone know if the grapes are seedless? Thanks

nope :( checked them earlier in aldi beside me, they're seeded

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

touts wrote: »
    Do the Hams look remotely that nice in reality? If they did I'd stick two of them in my freezer for Christmas.

I got a ham from aldi two weeks ago. Terrible piece of meat. Too much grizzle etc. I wouldn't recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭momec

If anyone has cooked with the chicken fillets can you tell me if they are small or large? Need approx 20 for a party and if they are large then 8 for €6 is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

nope :( checked them earlier in aldi beside me, they're seeded

Ah crap, hate seeded grapes. Pineapples it is so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

momec wrote: »
    If anyone has cooked with the chicken fillets can you tell me if they are small or large? Need approx 20 for a party and if they are large then 8 for €6 is great value.

At an average of 103 grams each, they're pretty small.

From the weight they're not "large" but are around the size you'll get at 4 for a fiver in a butcher's on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

From the weight they're not "large" but are around the size you'll get at 4 for a fiver in a butcher's on offer.

The breaded chicken fillets are nowhere near fresh breast fillets.

Edit: Oops, didn't notice there are 8 fresh fillets for €6, I thought you were referring to the breaded ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Some good offers there, I reckon i'll pick up a fillet of pork and beef for €6 each. Butternut squash is good value at 59c and its delicious to roast it and then make soup from it. Though its worth pointing out Super Value are doing 2 Butternets for €1 at the moment which is slightly cheaper than Aldi per unit. Not that I'd go out of my way to visit Supervalue over Aldi as it seems to me like they have some of the highest prices of all the supermarkets.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

andreac wrote: »
    Ah crap, hate seeded grapes. Pineapples it is so :D
    Put grape in mouth
    Bite the grape enough to split it
    Use your tongue to scoop out the seeds
    Swallow them

Chew away without any crunchy bits

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Put grape in mouth
    Bite the grape enough to split it
    Use your tongue to scoop out the seeds
    Swallow them

Chew away without any crunchy bits

Agree - there is more work involved to eat a pineapple than to eat seeded grapes. The grapes are huge, the seeds relatively small:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Farmer's opinion of the Super Six
    [URL="<Snip>[/URL]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

**** farmers they flaad us for years

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

thank fcuk I wasnt at this=aldi chicken come from retarded ones stuck in cages ****ting on themselves

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Farming & Forestry is here for discussion of same. This is bargain alerts and posts should be related to same.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

The 8 chicken fillets are '8 chicken fillet portions'. In reality they are 4 chicken fillets sliced in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Got a couple of the beef joints and had one Sunday and Monday. Other one for the freezer. Have to say it was good eating for the two days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I love the majority of Aldi stuff, but I have to say-I bought a ham there once for Christmas, and I was really disappointed.
    Like a previous poster mentioned, it was gristly and quite bland.

I can recommend their whole chickens though. I was buying one quite regularly for a Sunday roast and the meat was juicy and tasty.

Made the mistake of buying a chicken in Tesco a few weeks back, cooked it the very same way as I always do, and it was quite tough!
    Tough chicken-a new one on me; chewy and so bland and boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

From 25 Sept to 8 Oct

All 49c per pack/each

Courgette 2 pack save 80c
    Grapefruit each save 50c*****
    Broccoli 500g save 60c
    Mango each save 50c
    New Season White Potatoes 1.5kg save €1
    Red Apples 8 pack save 90c

***Indo ad 25 Sept showing Carrott and Parsnip tray 500g instead of Grapefruit that in in the leaflet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

^^^
    Was hoping for some stew ingredients but nothing there apart from spuds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Lissavane wrote: »
    ^^^ Was hoping for some stew ingredients but nothing there apart from spuds.
    Mango stew? Stewed apples? C'mon think outside the box!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Here are the meat deals:

Irish Chicken Breast Mini Fillets
    €3
    420g, €7.14 per kg

Irish Back Bacon Joint
    €3
    730g, €4.11 per kg

Irish Beef Mince
    €3
    600g, €5.00 per kg.

Irish Diced Chicken Pieces