Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New super 6 for meat at Aldi

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What branding do the Dunnes Rib eyes come under ? Was in there earlier and I could only see 2 rib eyes for €11.99 (450grm) from their Speciality Range, the one packed with black cardboard. I couldn't see any other rib eyes there but did see a few rib steaks for cheap but that's a different cut. Rib eye is prob my favourite cut so I'm always keen to stock up the freezer:)

I'll check the fridge later but they weren't amazing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭biccies

Anyone know the super 6 for fruit or veg starting tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

brocolli, green apples, nectarines, mushrooms, mango and tomatoes 6 pack- 49c each

super six meat 2 irish angus steaks and angus fillet steaks-10 euro

pork mince, mini chicken skewers, beef burgers, chicken legs- 2 euro each

Brilliant thanks v much, where do you go yo find out what's coming up next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

got booklet in store today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

physioman wrote: »
    brocolli, green apples, nectarines, mushrooms, mango and tomatoes 6 pack- 49c each

super six meat 2 irish angus steaks and angus fillet steaks-10 euro

pork mince, mini chicken skewers, beef burgers, chicken legs- 2 euro each

Just to clarify - Green Apples are the bagged ones - not the Granny Smith on tray. The Mushrooms are the Flat Mushrooms (normally 89c).

Does anyone know what the Burgers are?

Nice to see Pork Mince back on the super6 btw - big fan:D

physioman wrote: »
    got booklet in store today

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I have to say that 28 Day Striploin steak that was in the last Super 6 just finished was the best steak I've ever had. I was just down to my local Aldi (Rathmines) to see if they had any more in, but sadly not. That said I don't think I'd be paying the normal €7.99 for it, but hopefully it'll be included in the Super 6 in the not too distant future.

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I have to say that 28 Day Striploin steak that was in the last Super 6 just finished was the best steak I've ever had. I was just down to my local Aldi (Rathmines) to see if they had any more in, but sadly not. That said I don't think I'd be paying the normal €7.99 for it, but hopefully it'll be included in the Super 6 in the not too distant future.

I was in my local Aldi 4 days in a row to get it.

Not a chance - I should have been there before 2pm:o

Well, at least there is a pork mince for the meatballs to make it up.

Local Centra seems to try to compete too - Sirloin Steak (-33%) - just picked up a steak for less than 2€

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Veg: Broccoli, Green Apples, Nectarines, pack of 6 tomatoes, Mango, 250g flat Mushrooms all 49c.

Meat: 2 Angus Striploin Steaks and Angus Fillet steak €10/each; 1kg chicken thighs and drumsticks, 4 Irish Home style burgers, 500mg Pork mince and 250g Mini Chicken fillet skewers €2/each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Super 6 meat from 31/7 I presume (not listed on ad)

Irish Chicken Drumsticks & Thighs 1kg
    2 Irish Chicken Breasts 291g
    Irish Pork Collar chops 360g
    2 Irish Beef grill Steaks 345g
    Irish Beef Quarter Pounders 454g
    Irish Sirloin Steak 202g

All €2 per pack/each

• Registered Users Posts: 64,880 ✭✭✭✭unkel

7 ounce sirloin for €2?

Serious bargain!

unkel wrote: »
    7 ounce sirloin for €2?

Serious bargain!

Chicken breast isn't bad either - €6.87/kg.

Super 6 meat offer 14-27 Aug

Irish stuffed/Rotisserie Chicken 1.4/1.6kg
    Irish Breast Fillets 500g
    Irish Bacon Eye Loin 650g
    2 Irish Sirloin Steaks 440g
    Irish Lamb Leg Steaks 300g
    Irish Beef Medallions 380g

All €4 per pack/each

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

What's the sirloin like, i don't eat steak myself so it's for the hubby and some he doesn't like, i think particularly the one that has the 25 day mature on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

lisar816 wrote: »
    What's the sirloin like, i don't eat steak myself so it's for the hubby and some he doesn't like, i think particularly the one that has the 25 day mature on it..

21 day aged? It's €4.00 at the moment, I got it and thought it was quite nice, take it up to room temperature, bit of salt and pepper and rub a bit of oil on it and then pan fry, try not to overcook it, I think it's best served medium down.

Good value though

I'll give it another go, yes i think that's the one!

I think all of their steaks are 21 days aged iirc (according to the stickers on the packs). Sirloin isn't my favourite, but for that price I can sacrifice meself:D

A bit boring that they put the same products again (single sirloin and 291g chicken breast was in the previous offer) but going by the weight it is even better value now so can't complain.

Edit : the chicken breast is not better value at all.

The Quarter Pounders were lovely, I normally try to avoid seasoned meat but these were nice. I would like to see them again for €2.

Oh yes he likes striploin not sirloin, so it's only sirloin, oh well ill be picking up the other deals..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

lisar816 wrote: »

Does he think its all cut from the same cow? Its all about picking the right pack go through them all you need a bit of marbling avoid thick connective tissue and light coloured pieces its an art ask yer mammy :-p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

is it just me or did the super six meats disappear off the shelves faster than I could get to the shop?
    A bare few bits left in my store at 2pm today. Do I need to be there in the morning like?

moodrater wrote: »
    Does he think its all cut from the same cow? Its all about picking the right pack go through them all you need a bit of marbling avoid thick connective tissue and light coloured pieces its an art ask yer mammy :-p

No, that would be me ha.. oh yes the mother would :p

From Sept 25 to Oct 8

All €3 per pack/each

Irish Chicken Breast Mini Fillets 420g save €1.49
    Irish Bacon joint 730g save 65c
    Irish Beef Mince 600g save 99c
    Irish Diced Chicken pieces 335g save 69c
    Irish Minced/Diced Lamb 465/320g save 99c
    Irish Boneless Pork Loin Chops 680g save €1.49

Super 6 Meat Offers 23 Oct-5 Nov

Irish Pork Collar Chops 400g save 99c
    irish Turkey Steaks 370g/ Mince 400g save €1.59
    Irish Chicken Breast Fillet 2pk save €1.45
    Irish Chicken Drumsticks & Thighs 1kg save 79c

All above €2 per pack

Below €9 per pack

2 Irish Angus Striploin Steaks 450g save €2.99
    2 Irish Angus Rib Eye Steaks 450g save €2.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Aren't those steaks usually a tenner when they're on offer. And around 12 normally. (if it's the same ones I'm thinking of)

I might treat myself to a pack of each.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I highly recommend the normal Angus fillet steaks they have in Aldi for i think its 8.59. Two in them and they are out of this world. Much better than all the rest of the steaks Ive tried outta aldi and often cheaper.

Advertisement