Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Are you grinding at all Nick? I had my few favourite areas where I would bump myself up a couple of levels if needs be.

It definitely helped my progression​ knowing I could handily take a couple of unanswered hits.

Early on I was too tentative walking into new areas, peering into every nook and cranny hoping I wouldn't get jumped. After a bit of leveling up I was more like...

107b069b92c9b51801ac513e2923e051.jpg

Oh I definitely am grinding. I fly through Yharnham old and central and grand cathedral slaughtering everyone. Current stats:
    Level 70
    Vitality 28
    Endurance 21
    Strenght 28
    Skill 25
    Bloodtinge 9
    Arcane 9

I want to get my strength to 30 cause I have this beast roar thing and I can't use it yet. Will get it after a quick run back later after work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Get that endurance up! It will literally save your life multiple times over and will allow you to perform multiple heavy attacks.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Get that endurance up! It will literally save your life multiple times over and will allow you to perform multiple heavy attacks.

I had being upping it regularly at the start, I focused on HP and Endurance. Then started on strength and skill. I'll start looking at it again soon for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Its not that necessary to pump over 20 into endurance imo, you will get runes later on that will increase it a great deal, you can get one that does 5%, then 10% and lastly 15%. Same for HP, the other runes you can get are pretty meh

Also the beast roar is crappy, i wouldnt bother with it. In fact the majority of equipable spells are sh!t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Oh I definitely am grinding. I fly through Yharnham old and central and grand cathedral slaughtering everyone. Current stats:
    Level 70
    Vitality 28
    Endurance 21
    Strenght 28
    Skill 25
    Bloodtinge 9
    Arcane 9

I want to get my strength to 30 cause I have this beast roar thing and I can't use it yet. Will get it after a quick run back later after work.

I just checked to compare as I think I'm a similar place to you...just loaded the game and "YOU DIED" came up...so I guess I must have raged last time.

I remember now, I'm at at the Jail place running to some boss

Current stats:
    Level 50
    Vitality 24
    Endurance 21
    Strenght 26
    Skill 15
    Bloodtinge 8
    Arcane 6

Insight 13

Using Ludwigs Holy blade +6

So am I underlevelled ?

I fought that fast magic bastard in the college by myself for a while
    found Ludwigs heavy sword and far paper did him great damage
    (presume if I summoned he would have too?)

Got a key to
    nowhere, some ****er in a rocking chair who doesn't speak

I fought that fast magic bastard in the college by myself for a while
    found Ludwigs heavy sword and far paper did him great damage
    (presume if I summoned he would have too?)

Got a key to
    nowhere, some ****er in a rocking chair who doesn't speak
    jump off the edge

Oh and kill that guy first.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I just checked to compare as I think I'm a similar place to you...just loaded the game and "YOU DIED" came up...so I guess I must have raged last time.

Current stats:
    Level 50
    Vitality 24
    Endurance 21
    Strenght 26
    Skill 15
    Bloodtinge 8
    Arcane 6

Insight 13

So am I underlevelled ?

Think that's Dark beast Paarl or something he's a fecker of a Boss. What have you been getting with your echoes? I spend mine mostly on levelling and molotovs.

I have runes working already. My insight was 24 at some point. I bought a good few fire papers from them

Enfilade - seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I don't know what the deal with insight is...I have loads of Madmans sitting there.
    I usually spend them on levels, but I progressed pretty quickly early on in the game, not much grinding...prob from being fresh off/ in the middle of a Dark Souls marathon buzz.

• Advertisement

Enfilade - seriously?

Yup,
    jump into the lake below, the old fecker in the chair points towards it to, boss battle below

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Current stats:
    Level 50
    Vitality 24
    Endurance 21
    Strenght 26
    Skill 15
    Bloodtinge 8
    Arcane 6

Insight 13

So am I underlevelled ?

Have you gone past Byrgenwryth yet? If not, you're probably fine for levelling, if you've beaten Byrgenwryth then you're under levelled. I was very under levelled my first run too, think I was L.63 the first time I beat it? Most of the ones here were 90-odd. I figure with Souls experience you pick up the game faster and don't get those crucial early levels where you might rack up a few in one area, whereas I was mainly only levelling up after bosses.

The Arcane weapons are a bit **** until your arcane gets higher, A Call Beyond and the Executioners Gloves are fairly good but you need like 30 Arcane to utilise them well, which isn't worth it unless you're making a meta build.

Right ROM should be easy. But I always have no health left with two strike remaining. Pain in the arse.

I don't know what the deal with insight is...I have loads of Madmans sitting there.
    I usually spend them on levels, but I progressed pretty quickly early on in the game, not much grinding...prob from being fresh off/ in the middle of a Dark Souls marathon buzz.

Madman s knowledge raises the difficulty. I know when I got to 15 insight some folk got new moves like the dudes with lights in cathedral ward.

Feck that man after dealing with Witches, Shadows, Hunter in college I can't be fecked arsing with ROM. Almost had him first go then ran out of health. Never got that close again. Gonna find me way to the client in through forbidden wood's, hopefully find a lot of loot too.

Feck that man after dealing with Witches, Shadows, Hunter in college I can't be fecked arsing with ROM. Almost had him first go then ran out of health. Never got that close again. Gonna find me way to the client in through forbidden wood's, hopefully find a lot of loot too.

With ROM, slow and steady wins the race. It's one of them annoying long fights, but even with that, i still always try and just rinse him as fast as possible. But when i first fought him, i just grinded him down, killing the spiders one by one..

Bolt paper is your friend.

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    With ROM, slow and steady wins the race. It's one of them annoying long fights, but even with that, i still always try and just rinse him as fast as possible. But when i first fought him, i just grinded him down, killing the spiders one by one..

Bolt paper is your friend.

Ran out of bolt paper. I wasn't even bothering with the little ones unless they bothered me. How would I acquire more paper? Neither messenger shop sells it oddly enough

The insight one sells it after you beat Darkveast Paarl

Ha Deadly, have done just that as got fed up with ROM.
    new way to old yarnham and all
    . It was tough going there for a minute. Both down to last drop of health. Matter of who hit who first. Thank fcuk I did :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

With Rom, he has three phases. After you knock a certain amount of health off him he will disappear and begin his second more aggressive phase, however the babies will remain! Same with the third.

For the first two phases, focus purely on the babies. Their weak spot is from behind just like Rom. Wait until they are about to jump on you, dodge out of the way and you are left with an easy kill.

The third and final phase was a bit different for me. I focused on getting close to Rom and doing damage while knocking off a few babies when needed. You will start to recognise his attack patterns too.

The reason it's for sale after beating Paarl is the item he drops, those badges determine whats for sale at the messengers.

• Advertisement

Didnt kill Djura this time round. Should I? I approached him on the roof and we talked, he gave me a badge of a powder keg hunter and a gesturr. He gave me a choice, kill beasts or don't in old Yharnham. I said no hunting in Old Yharnham which is why I got said gifts. On my way back was attacked so hit one of them. You devious, you really are a hunter aren't you. The beasts will feed tonight. Am I fckd now when I enter Old Yarnham again? Might watch an alternative on YouTube

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ignore the babies, only focusing on Rom is the best way imo.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Ignore the babies, only focusing on Rom is the best way imo.

What I've been doing, only focusing on babies when they start diminishing health.

Sorry for all the Qs. I got a tonsil stone to be used in a makeshift church to the right if the main cathedral. I can't find it. I went out back where those bolt hunters were and k ocked on doors there as thought they looked right but first the said blood blood now they just shriek and squeal.

Its further down that path, you're in the right direction though.

I'd recommend killing the spiders for phase one, Rom doesn't attack during this phase so no reason not to, kill the babies and work his health down a bit slowly.

Then Bolt up your weapon, get a full stamina bar and go hell for leather until he tries to teleport, if you have a strong enough weapon with enough stamina you can stagger him and take off 50% of his health, if not more.

If the spiders are still about its pretty much impossible to get the stagger I've found.

Once you hit phase two and three just pick off a few babies to give yourself more breathing room and focus on Rom.

Its further down that path, you're in the right direction though.

I'd recommend killing the spiders for phase one, Rom doesn't attack during this phase so no reason not to, kill the babies and work his health down a bit slowly.

Then Bolt up your weapon, get a full stamina bar and go hell for leather until he tries to teleport, if you have a strong enough weapon with enough stamina you can stagger him and take off 50% of his health, if not more.

If the spiders are still about its pretty much impossible to get the stagger I've found.

Once you hit phase two and three just pick off a few babies to give yourself more breathing room and focus on Rom.

The big room with the frenzy kill? I just got done in there.

One last Q folks, just wondering if there is anything I should be doing/have done before I go back to ROM. I've been reading that the game changes substantially afterwards and want to get all I can while it's still obtainable.

Thanks,

One last Q folks, just wondering if there is anything I should be doing/have done before I go back to ROM. I've been reading that the game changes substantially afterwards and want to get all I can while it's still obtainable.

Thanks,

Its the last chance to obtain all of the NPC's, as in send them to the chapel or clinic. Just make sure to get Arianna (send her to chapel), shes the only important one, you get a key item from her after killing rom.

And you wont be able to go back to Hypogean Gaol, so make sure you got everything from there..

Its the last chance to obtain all of the NPC's, as in send them to the chapel or clinic. Just make sure to get Arianna (send her to chapel), shes the only important one, you get a key item from her after killing rom.

And you wont be able to go back to Hypogean Gaol, so make sure you got everything from there..

Thanks. Pretty sure I got them, did I leave out anyone? I'll spoiler this just in case
    The old woman, Arianna and the bloke who lives across from her disappeared as well, The Beggar. Fr Gascoignes daughter gone presumed dead, sister not shown up yet.

You never get to see
    Gascoignes daughters, the holy woman should be there though, unless you sent her to the clinic? Not important anyway,
    Arianna is the only important one.

• Advertisement

You never get to see
    Gascoignes daughters, the holy woman should be there though, unless you sent her to the clinic? Not important anyway,
    Arianna is the only important one.

Oops, don't think I got her with this save file. The
    begger seems to be killing everyone I sent
    . Need to sort this mess I made.

Absolutely raging I didn't discover
    begger transformed to beast
    by myself (resorted to wiki) as that was probably my favourite beast fight yet. Creepy visuals. Anyone else do it?

Absolutely raging I didn't discover
    begger transformed to beast
    by myself (resorted to wiki) as that was probably my favourite beast fight yet. Creepy visuals. Anyone else do it?

I'm not sure why but I declined to to tell him about the church when I met him and ended up
    fighting him in beast form on the roof. Think I'd seen signs along the way that made me feel uneasy about him but that was definately the best place to fight him as you could hide in the windmill and cheese him, telling him about the church I believe would have dire consequences

I'm not sure why but I declined to to tell him about the church when I met him and ended up
    fighting him in beast form on the roof. Think I'd seen signs along the way that made me feel uneasy about him but that was definately the best place to fight him as you could hide in the windmill and cheese him, telling him about the church I believe would have dire consequences

I had the same experience, I met him crying over the dead bodies and thought "this guys up to some sneaky ****", tried to fight him, he kicked the crap out of me, so I left him there.

haha, he's not crying over the dead bodies, he's eating them :D

Best place to send him is the clinic, unless you want to fight him in the beast form, and hes a tough bastard then..

haha, he's not crying over the dead bodies, he's eating them :D

Best place to send him is the clinic, unless you want to fight him in the beast form, and hes a tough bastard then..

Instincts were still sound ;)

I actually meant audio rather than visuals. The way he says you hunt beasts, you are the beast or something was just brilliant I thought.

Guys, being honest I'm getting very annoyed with this game right now. ROM fight wasn't working out so went back to clinic and fell out with Iosefka for going into her place. Went nightmare frontier and had a fantastic fight with 2NPC hunters. Then I get KO'd with a rock by a giant throwing from a mile away and lose 20K echoes and then killed again (ran out of health) before retrieving. It's seriously pissing me off and think I'll have to take a break for a while.

Oh those f'n rock chuckers :mad:

Theres one point I had to run the gauntlet because there were 3 or 4 of them and I wasn't able to take them out without the others seeing.

I actually meant audio rather than visuals. The way he says you hunt beasts, you are the beast or something was just brilliant I thought.

Guys, being honest I'm getting very annoyed with this game right now. ROM fight wasn't working out so went back to clinic and fell out with Iosefka for going into her place. Went nightmare frontier and had a fantastic fight with 2NPC hunters. Then I get KO'd with a rock by a giant throwing from a mile away and lose 20K echoes and then killed again (ran out of health) before retrieving. It's seriously pissing me off and think I'll have to take a break for a while.

I took a break of 6 months with ROM, then killed him in my first attempt after trying again

I love These games, but I do think some of the bosses ruin them, especially when it goes from one boss, directly to another boss.

• Advertisement

• I actually meant audio rather than visuals. The way he says you hunt beasts, you are the beast or something was just brilliant I thought.

Add me from coop!!

I love These games, but I do think some of the bosses ruin them

Nah rom is quite easy once you know what to do, i could show you a video of a guy killing rom in less than 60 seconds, but i wont :P

I don't know how to multi quote, will reply as follows:

Enfilade it just felt unfair :pac: I didn't see the big hunk of rock at all and was feeling chuffed at taking out 2 hunters together so got some sinking feeling haha. Got past them later and got frenzy killed 2 seconds later. It's like I'm starting all over again. Just need to re-adjust.

Brother Andy I want to stop but probably won't. Atm only other game I've interest in and sitting there is Dark Souls 3 :pac:

Can't do coop Mick, no PS+. Thanks for offer.

I've resorted to videos, saw one last night they looked do able. Just need to grind those health viles again.

I think I just having a bad gaming few hours yesterday. I'll keep at it I'm sure.

Nah rom is quite easy once you know what to do, i could show you a video of a guy killing rom in less than 60 seconds, but i wont :P

Believe me, I think I watched every YouTube video. A lot of those quick kills were done before From Software updated the game.

Currently on Darl Souls 3, after taking a year long break after trying to kill the Dragonslayer guy. Finally did it, now straight onto another impossible boss :-(

I only went and fcuking done it. Die ROM you scumbag nearly destroying the game for me. Won't be able to concentrate in work today. :smile:

Believe me, I think I watched every YouTube video. A lot of those quick kills were done before From Software updated the game.

Currently on Darl Souls 3, after taking a year long break after trying to kill the Dragonslayer guy. Finally did it, now straight onto another impossible boss :-(

This one was good, took me about 2 minutes and 13 health viles.
    Ooh this is eery now.

• Advertisement

Did you stick with this till the end Andy?

I played a further 15 mins after defeating ROM where the enemies keep respawning. I've an idea of what I need to do from doing the chalice dungeons but these normal run of the mill villagers have got some strength now. Keep thinking that's it,they can't possibly pump up difficulty anymore yet I'm proven wrong every single time.

I think I'm committed to this now before I get stuck into my first ever Souls game.

Did you stick with this till the end Andy?

I played a further 15 mins after defeating ROM where the enemies keep respawning. I've an idea of what I need to do from doing the chalice dungeons but these normal run of the mill villagers have got some strength now. Keep thinking that's it,they can't possibly pump up difficulty anymore yet I'm proven wrong every single time.

I think I'm committed to this now before I get stuck into my first ever Souls game.

I did stick with it and finished it. . Absolutely amazing game, locations, characters and sound design. It's just a shame about some of the bosses (in my opinion) It's not always being killed that's the annoying part, it's the loading screen and run back to the boss that's the real pain in the a:s

Well done on killing ROM!!!!!!!! It feels good doesn't it. Some good fun levels ahead of you. Is your insight very high? I believe this makes enemies tougher if it is

Is your insight very high? I believe this makes enemies tougher if it is

Once you go beyond 15 Insight (not sure if happens again) the enemies AI changes and they get new moves, attack patterns (e.g. The blokes patrolling Grand Cathedral at 15 insight their lamps grow eyes and do some longer range arcane attack). I traded a load of insight for bolt paper.

It felt brilliant getting past ROM- I was just having my morning coffee before work and said I'd chance this and after 2 mins "Prey slaughtered". Couldn't believe it and was actually shaking with adrenaline. Who would have thought a game could do that? Haha.

Have to say the Blood moon level design looks and sounds amazing but I've noticed a lot of stuttering and lagging (presume this is FPS related). I've been leaving console in rest mode to charge earphones so turned it completely off and hoping it stops as that would ruin an otherwise unique experience for me.

It felt brilliant getting past ROM- I was just having my morning coffee before work and said I'd chance this and after 2 mins "Prey slaughtered". Couldn't believe it and was actually shaking with adrenaline. Who would have thought a game could do that? Haha.

This just made me smile :) I love seeing people experiencing these games for the first time

I think these games have been the only ones to ever give me the "rattles" playing them :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement