Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HG658c Router Port Forwarding

Options
  • 03-02-2015 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hello,
    I have a Vodafone hg658c white router and cant get my cctv working remotely.

On the wifi in the house it comes up on my iphone but elsewhere it wont work, as in when im on 3g or someone elses wifi.

Vodafone are a waste of time when it comes to this stuff, they say they don't support it. some service.

Is there anything that cane be done?

firewall is turned off

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Well first turn the firewall back on, to low.

The required setting is under "Advanced" > "NAT" in the left hand side menu.

Then the "Port Mapping" tab.

So in here you tell it
    Protocol TCP/ IP
    Remote Host: leave blank if you need to access via mobile / 3g

External start port: , your choice of port number to append to your external ip. Might be left the same as the internal port number.
    External End Point: probably same as above
    Internal host: IP of the camera
    Internal Port: port number that your camera is accessed on (80 for a http://, 443 for a https:// are usual, though could well be 8080 [you view using http://192.168.1.4:8080?] or 8443 instead [[url]https://192.168.1.4:8443])[/url]

Have you dynamic DNS or a static IP rented to allow you to keep track of the external IP vodafone grant to you?

Understandable that they don't support it though. They'd have every person with a playstation / xbox haranguing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭thadg

ressem wrote: »
    Well first turn the firewall back on, to low.

The required setting is under "Advanced" > "NAT" in the left hand side menu.

Then the "Port Mapping" tab.

So in here you tell it
    Protocol TCP/ IP
    Remote Host: leave blank if you need to access via mobile / 3g

External start port: , your choice of port number to append to your external ip. Might be left the same as the internal port number.
    External End Point: probably same as above
    Internal host: IP of the camera
    Internal Port: port number that your camera is accessed on (80 for a http://, 443 for a https:// are usual, though could well be 8080 [you view using http://192.168.1.4:8080?] or 8443 instead [[URL]https://192.168.1.4:8443])[/URL]

Have you dynamic DNS or a static IP rented to allow you to keep track of the external IP vodafone grant to you?

Understandable that they don't support it though. They'd have every person with a playstation / xbox haranguing them.

In the port mapping section all I have TCP/UDP

I dont have TCP IP

Is it possible to use this router for this, I have seen a lot of problems on the net about port forwarding with this particular router , but nobody has said they got there cctv working on 3G

I wont be getting a static ip, I will be using the dynamic dns, I can get a friend to sort that bit out after once I can get the cctv past the router

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Select either TCP or UDP as per the settings outlined in the CCTV systems manual. It should specify whether it's TCP or UDP for each port number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Am trying to do this myself for an IP Camera, (managed to do it years ago with a different router/camera setup) but think I am going around in circles trying to do it this time so I am either missing something simple (or getting too old for this sort of stuff, but bear with me!!)

I have the IP camera up and running on my internal network. Working off static IP address 192.168.1.150 Port 1025

I have set my Vodafone router as follows:
    PROTOCOL: TCP/UDP
    REMOTE HOST: 'BLANK'
    EXTERNAL START PORT: 1025
    EXTERNAL END PORT: 1025
    INTERNAL HOST: 192.168.1.150
    INTERNAL PORT: 1025
    MAPPING NAME: IP CAM

Am using dyndns.org with account format xxxxxxxx.dyndns.org
    service type: Host with IP ADDRESS

and am using the dyndns updater to keep the IP address synced.

But I can't access the cam from the internet. I have checked that the port is accessible through canyouseeme.org

Any suggestions welcomed, but I don't understand half the stuff involved so keep it simple!! Thanks for reading this far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnc360

Hi Eamonnq,
    Did you get the cameras sorted? I changed over from Eircom to Vodafone and had a number of small issues getting my IP cameras going again so I might be able to help.
    For anyone else that needs help, once you are sure that the ports on the new router are open (using ping.eu or canyouseeme.org) but are still unable to access your cameras remotely (from outside your home network), it is likely a problem with settings on the IP camera itself. I am using EasyN IP cameras but after a router change, it can be easy to forget to change the wireless and basic network settings on the IP camera itself. This involves connecting the cameras via ethernet cable to the router and accessing them through the default page (using IP camera search tools etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Vincent camera

Hi all I have done all the steps listed above internal address is the dvr and trying to open port 8000 on my router but it won't open am I doing sum thing wrong have static IP address off Vodafone is it possible to port forward on these routers? chequed port on canuseeme.com it's not responding any help would be great starting to lose the will to live with this thanks....

Hi all I have done all the steps listed above internal address is the dvr and trying to open port 8000 on my router but it won't open am I doing sum thing wrong have static IP address off Vodafone is it possible to port forward on these routers? chequed port on canuseeme.com it's not responding any help would be great starting to lose the will to live with this thanks....

Post a screenshot of your settings on the router.

Hi I tried to post a picture of settings boards won't allow I have done exactly the same as eamonq except it's port 8000 do I reboot router after or am I missing setting sum where I read people are having a lot of trouble with these routers online any ideas would be appreciated thanks...

Hi I tried to post a picture of settings boards won't allow I have done exactly the same as eamonq except it's port 8000 do I reboot router after or am I missing setting sum where I read people are having a lot of trouble with these routers online any ideas would be appreciated thanks...

You could use imgur to host a picture. Otherwise, type out what settings you're inputting for each field.

Are you able to connect internally (ie, from a PC/device connected to the router)?

Protocol: TCP/UDP
    Remote :host:empty
    Ex start port: 8000
    Ex end port :8000
    Internal host : 192.168.1.88
    Internal port : 8000
    Name: dvr
    Then submit.
    Also tryed all this with firewall off its now set to low.
    I can watch inside my own network on my pc by using dvr ip as above but the port won't open when chequed on canuseeme.org. have tryed rebooting dvr and router afterwards no luck thanks for patience with this....

• Advertisement

Protocol: TCP/UDP
    Remote :host:empty
    Ex start port: 8000
    Ex end port :8000
    Internal host : 192.168.1.88
    Internal port : 8000
    Name: dvr
    Then submit.
    Also tryed all this with firewall off its now set to low.
    I can watch inside my own network on my pc by using dvr ip as above but the port won't open when chequed on canuseeme.org. have tryed rebooting dvr and router afterwards no luck thanks for patience with this....

What Interface are you selecting and what type of BB do you have?

If it's standard DSL, select the interface starting with ATM.
    If it's VDSL/FTTC, select the interface starting with PTM.

The interface is atm with DSL,broadband is Vodafone a friend said he had the same problem and after a few days it just started working(ports wer open) it's been 2 days I have one solution take a hammer to itðŸ‘

The interface is atm with DSL,broadband is Vodafone a friend said he had the same problem and after a few days it just started working(ports wer open) it's been 2 days I have one solution take a hammer to itðŸ‘

Whats the make and model of the DVR?
    Are you using an app to view it outside the network, or just through a normal web browser? If it's the former, it might need an additional port to be opened.

roast wrote: »
    Whats the make and model of the DVR?
    Are you using an app to view it outside the network, or just through a normal web browser? If it's the former, it might need an additional port to be opened.

It's a vu-tec dvr it needs port 80,8000 and 8001 open I have the same done for all of these ports but the not open am trying to view it on a app meye which has worked fine before on eircom bb I think it's just the Vodafone router thanks for replying....

It's a vu-tec dvr it needs port 80,8000 and 8001 open I have the same done for all of these ports but the not open am trying to view it on a app meye which has worked fine before on eircom bb I think it's just the Vodafone router thanks for replying....

Internally, you can access it via a PC, what about externally, not using the app? You'll have to specify the right port when connecting using MEye too.

While I generally think Huawei consumer devices are sh!t in general, I don't think there's any inherent flaws with the NAT on that model, merely a few "gotchas" with the configuration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

roast wrote: »
    Internally, you can access it via a PC, what about externally, not using the app? You'll have to specify the right port when connecting using MEye too.

While I generally think Huawei consumer devices are sh!t in general, I don't think there's any inherent flaws with the NAT on that model, merely a few "gotchas" with the configuration.

There's always trouble forwarding port 80 on Huawei devices

There's always trouble forwarding port 80 on Huawei devices

Oh I definitely wouldn't dispute that! :D

But, I (unfortunately) know that model fairly well. There isn't a bug as such, just the interface doesn't lend itself to ease of use. Hence my earlier comment.

EDIT: Unless of course, there's been firmware changes since I last encountered one. Must boot mine up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 annemcm

Hi, we have used the HG 658c router for a year and a half - we just changed package to fibre but have the same router, but our CCTV camera port 888 (which was working) is now closed and we can't get it open. Canyouseeme tells me that it can't find our service on this port. The camera support has the camera working on the LAN network, but although it connects to the router it won't connect to the internet. Vodafone says their policy is that they don't open ports, that we have to do that ourselves. I have tried the port forward website but the camera (Instarvision) isn't listed. Do anyone has any advice? Thanks

Advertisement