Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your favourite unsolved mystery?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

MOD: Not a mystery (as you allude to yourself) so snipped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Just came across this case. Very weird:

https://youtu.be/5zfZhskSmp0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

There's an Irish guy on youtube who looks into missing people, murders etc. I just found his channel recently and it's really well researched. It's called That Chapter and worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    There's an Irish guy on youtube who looks into missing people, murders etc. I just found his channel recently and it's really well researched. It's called That Chapter and worth a look.

I looked at that channel, thanks for the link.
    Saw a piece about the Chrisvids and I can tell you, that totally looks like a fabrication: riddled with coincidence and missing any reality.
    It must have been some young lads' effort at a sort of Blair Witch creepy story, but it just doesn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

It was reported recently that the mother of unsolved murder victim Ms Inga Maria Hauser has passed away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Why does the google.com page say that today is National Grandparents day in the USA on Sunday 8th of September?
    If I do everything differently will I confuse google. Can I try the lottery numbers for the 9th of September, how do I search for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Who was the mole?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Who was the mole?

Bill Haydon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Deub

With the recent event in Glasgow, Xavier Dupont de Ligonnés and his family's case is a so strange.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dupont_de_Ligonn%C3%A8s_murders_and_disappearance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Cindy James. Murder or a seven-year campaign of psychological and physical torment on herself, ending in suicide?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bundyspooks.com/2019/04/28/what-happened-to-cindy-james/amp/

• Advertisement

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Cindy James. Murder or a seven-year campaign of psychological and physical torment on herself, ending in suicide?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bundyspooks.com/2019/04/28/what-happened-to-cindy-james/amp/

Now that is really, really peculiar!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Well its been solved
    Orange Socks real name is Debra Jackson.She was thought to be a victim of Henry Lucas.40 years unidentified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Debra_Jackson

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Now that is really, really peculiar!
    There are convincing arguments imo for either possibility.

Either way, poor woman. What an horrendous ordeal.

And of course the incidents were going to stop when her home was under surveillance by loads of police - whether the incidents were her doing, or those of an attacker.

Suckit wrote: »
    That one is flipping mental. It's believed that the guy whose remains were never found (who had a history of violence) was the killer of the three men whose remains were found scattered outside. The poor fella found in the bed though - that's just bizarre. His intellectual disability stopped him from doing the most logical things, so maybe it was that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Conor and Sheila Dwyer missing from Fermoy since 1991. Complete mystery, no sightings, no motive, no use of bank accounts. Its as if they just vanished from the Earth

Edgware wrote: »
    Conor and Sheila Dwyer missing from Fermoy since 1991. Complete mystery, no sightings, no motive, no use of bank accounts. Its as if they just vanished from the Earth

As far as I know, their car was found much more recently, in the river not far from the town. Can't remember where I read that, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

As far as I know, their car was found much more recently, in the river not far from the town. Can't remember where I read that, though.

You're not thinking of a different case by any chance? There was a man called William (Bill) Fennessy who also disappeared from Fermoy about a year before the Dwyers. His remains and his car were recovered from the river Blackwater in 2012.

I don't ever remember anything about the Dwyer's car being found, but I'm open to correction :)

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/corkman/news/remains-in-river-confirmed-as-missing-bill-fennessy-29290391.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Be right back

You're not thinking of a different case by any chance? There was a man called William (Bill) Fennessy who also disappeared from Fermoy about a year before the Dwyers. His remains and his car were recovered from the river Blackwater in 2012.

I don't ever remember anything about the Dwyer's car being found, but I'm open to correction :)

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/corkman/news/remains-in-river-confirmed-as-missing-bill-fennessy-29290391.html

You're right. The Dwyers car was never found. I wonder if a similar thing happened to them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

You're right. The Dwyers car was never found. I wonder if a similar thing happened to them too.

It's weird, I went through this exact mental process recently. Someone mentioned it either on this thread or a similar one and I was convinced I'd heard that their car had been found in a river near their home. But when I read up on it, it turned out it hadn't and I must have been mixing it up with another case.

I think there have actually been a few of these - lately there was one where someone spotted a car in a retention pond on google maps. It turned out to be someone that went missing from the area years ago. There car was there all along but it took a satellite photo to reveal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Be right back

firefly08 wrote: »
    It's weird, I went through this exact mental process recently. Someone mentioned it either on this thread or a similar one and I was convinced I'd heard that their car had been found in a river near their home. But when I read up on it, it turned out it hadn't and I must have been mixing it up with another case.

I think there have actually been a few of these - lately there was one where someone spotted a car in a retention pond on google maps. It turned out to be someone that went missing from the area years ago. There car was there all along but it took a satellite photo to reveal it.

That case was in Florida. Strange thing was the car was submerged in the pond directly in front of neighbouring houses, and it took a satellite to spot it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Chappaquiddick.

Ted Kennedy was not in that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Two highly intelligent and gifted lads like Gosden and Sloley disappearing within such a short space of time makes me want to write a book with a plot line of the UK government or some other agency running a rogue operation kidnapping genius kids and brainwashing them into working on some as yet unknown project.

Old Kingy got in before you! I just finished this and the premise is very similar!
    https://www.stephenking.com/library/novel/institute_the.html

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Ah, you're quite right: my mistake.

It wasn't their car, just a reminder that it IS possible for a car and a driver to disappear quite close to home and apparently vanish for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Ah, you're quite right: my mistake.

It wasn't their car, just a reminder that it IS possible for a car and a driver to disappear quite close to home and apparently vanish for years.

It's quite likely that the Dwyer's met a similar fate I would suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

The Nal wrote: »
    Chappaquiddick.

He loved Simon and Garfunkel singing Bridge over troubled water.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The Nal wrote: »
    Chappaquiddick.

Why would he say he was in it?

Surely, the “fallout” from loaning someone, with drink taken, your car would be less than you crashing, fleeing the scene and having them drown?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Why would he say he was in it?

Surely, the “fallout” from loaning someone, with drink taken, your car would be less than you crashing, fleeing the scene and having them drown?

He left the party with Mary Jo, both drunk, the car was seen parked by a policemen and then it fled, he got out of the car and told her to go back to the party. He went back to the hotel. The other fallout was that he would've had to admit that, with a presidential run coming and a pregnant wife at home.

He met people the next morning and seemed in good form, relaxed chatty. Didn't call his lawyer, never mind the police, until he was told about her death by his friends which is the real kicker for me. He just went to bed! :confused:

But his lie - doesn't remember how he got out of the car, no broken windows or doors. He dived a couple of times, walked past houses en route back to the party to get his mates, they all tried and failed to get her out so they all just went to bed! And didnt call the cops/ambulance/lawyers. Nah.

Has the nerve to turn up to the funeral in a neckbrace too.

This is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Charley haughey's money...

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

BBC have a very good article on Dytalov Mystery.....sorry no linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

BBC have a very good article on Dytalov Mystery.....sorry no linky

Advertisement