Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Night With Miriam - 2nd. August 9.40pm

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Thanks efb, I love Dolly!

Welcomes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Dolly is a very talented woman, she is far from the bimbo that she is depicted as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I still can't understand why middle-of-the-road singers are welcomed at places like Glastonbury. No offence to Dolly, but if she had appeared there in the 1980s she would have been booed off the stage. The youngsters of today have lost their sense of rebelliousness and outrage :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I still can't understand why middle-of-the-road singers are welcomed at places like Glastonbury. No offence to Dolly, but if she had appeared there in the 1980s she would have been booed off the stage. The youngsters of today have lost their sense of rebelliousness and outrage :(

Glastonbury hipsters love irony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Harry Angstrom - Unfriended :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

If any of you would like to continue the morbid viewing (like me), and cant access past episodes of The Late Late Show for whatever reason, this is a recent CNA documentary about MH370 and features Miriam's guest tonight.. She reveals that she does not think that it was an accident and may have been a hijacking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Skid X wrote: »
    Val Doonican used to do a joke about mishearing his teacher, and having his school do a collection for sixty five roses instead of Cystic Fibrosis.

That was proper Saturday Night telly. Songs, Jokes, light entertainment and a Rocking Chair.

Ahh, thanks for that. Takes me back to my childhood in the UK, the parents loved Val Doonican, we used to singalong to his songs. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

madmaggie wrote: »
    Ahh, thanks for that. Takes me back to my childhood in the UK, the parents loved Val Doonican, we used to singalong to his songs. :)

You're welcome :)

Val doesn't get mentioned very often now, but he had his own show on primetime BBC1 for 21 years (1965-1986). Not many people can say that. He had a lovely laidback charming style that few can match.

Advertisement