Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

How good/reliable is this Neil Jones guy?

A lot of the stuff he said has already been reported and the Suarez contract info he gives sounds like a load of bollix....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

gafferino wrote: »
    Does Luis Suarez have a release clause in his contract, If so how much is it? Plus are any signings close to being completed?

Neil Jones: 'Suarez's contract clause is a complex one. A clause does exist, but it iis not one which would force Liverpool to sell, only to negotiate. Sounds a bit strange, but I'm told that it is pretty standard. The 'negotiation fee' is in excess of £40m.
    As for the deals, Liverpool are working on deals for Tiago Ilori, Luis Alberto and Simon Mignolet this week. There are also a couple of players close to joining at youth level, mainly from Spain. The deal for Henrikh Mkhitaryan is likely to take a little bit more negotiating, though Liverpool are confident they can make some progress on that, despite competition from elsewhere'.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-live-blog-re-read-4330664

This doesn't make any sense to me.
    If the clause doesn't do anything, why bother with it?

It's like absolutely insisting on having built in unicorn repellent in your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

NukaCola wrote: »
    How good/reliable is this Neil Jones guy?

A lot of the stuff he said has already been reported and the Suarez contract info he gives sounds like a load of bollix....

He's a journalist for the Liverpool Echo, that's alls I know anyway. They're usually by 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Still feel we're weaker. The problem I have is that we're losing our only natural goal scorer. While Sturridge has been quality, I get the feeling that he could easily have a scoring drought. Mkhitaryan is going to find it a lot harder in the Premier League. Aspas doesn't seem to have been prolific in his career. The rest of our attackers (Downing, Borini, etc.) have struggled to score goals.

Hope I am wrong.

Right, Im going to get shot for this.....

But without Suarez i think we flowed a little bit better as a team, now I'm not saying that Suarez wasnt an amazing asset but sometimes I found him a bit wasteful of pass chances and the likes.

In saying that I hope you're wrong and that these guys will pick up the slack (if and when Suarez goes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

maybe suarez goals scoring feats this season was a freak and he goes back to the 15 goal a season man he was for the previous season and a half?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gbear wrote: »

It's like absolutely insisting on having built in unicorn repellent in your car.

So it is just me then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Vicxas wrote: »
    So if all the rumours are true,

So far by the start of July we will have:

Toure
    Aspas
    Alberto
    Mignolet
    Mhkitrayayayay

Thats a brilliant piece of business so far if im being honest

It looks like it could be, but considering I hadn't heard of 3 of those before a fortnight ago, I can't say for sure. And if Mignolet is a replacement for Reina (as Toure is for Carra), then I can't see that as an improvement...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Vicxas wrote: »
    Right, Im going to get shot for this.....

But without Suarez i think we flowed a little bit better as a team, now I'm not saying that Suarez wasnt an amazing asset but sometimes I found him a bit wasteful of pass chances and the likes.

In saying that I hope you're wrong and that these guys will pick up the slack (if and when Suarez goes)

No you wont.....this has been shown with stats...i.e. i think we have a higher win % without him. Thats been seen before when Gerrard was out too.

Thing is its a small window which those stats are based on. As in right lads Luis is banned again for killing a unicorn with unicorn repellent so you lads need to step it up for the next 10 games.....and they do. Probably wouldnt be the same over a whole season.

Fact is he is world class. I would have him 1st name on the team sheet every week. World class is world class.

Gbear wrote: »

But we don't know what it says. The wording is probably along the lines of "If someone bids above £40M, they must give permission for the player to discuss terms". It's to protect the player too, in case we try and cash in and he doesn't want to join that club.

Dunno. Sounds to me that they are saying if we get a bid of 40m we then just have to go "Give us 90m. No? Feck off then".

Seems pointless.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Dunno. Sounds to me that they are saying if we get a bid of 40m we then just have to go "Give us 90m. No? Feck off then".

Seems pointless.

Its pretty standard apparently.....

Seems pointless.

But that doesn't make sense, so he probably just isn't explaining it correctly.

What I DO find surprising is the suggestion that Real would pay more for Cavani than for him. Any time you put them together, Luis looks a class apart. Excluding friendlies, Luis has 20 goals in 41 games, and Cavani has 4 in 25 games. And it's not just a greed thing, he has twice the assists in less than twice the games as well...

Dickerty wrote: »
    But that doesn't make sense, so he probably just isn't explaining it correctly.

What I DO find surprising is the suggestion that Real would pay more for Cavani than for him. Any time you put them together, Luis looks a class apart. Excluding friendlies, Luis has 20 goals in 41 games, and Cavani has 4 in 25 games. And it's not just a greed thing, he has twice the assists in less than twice the games as well...

Cavani is less likely to bite people....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He's a bit younger. A month is plenty of time to catch up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seems pointless.

Just seen your post in the Off Topic thread.

Cheers Knex.

And what if a zombie outbreak starts in Naples? What then?

People never think these things through...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,630 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'd rather have the guy that puts the ball in the net to be honest. Unless we're talking about shark hunting?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'd rather have the guy that puts the ball in the net to be honest. Unless we're talking about shark hunting?

If we don't get 4th this year, I suggest the team become shark hunters.

Thatd be a sport to watch....

Turtyturd wrote: »

Cheers Knex.

Hope everything goes well for ya man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Paddy power at it again :D

blog_terry-holiday.gif?w=610

• Advertisement

Cheers Knex.

good luck from over here as well man.

is it your 1st , 2nd or 3rd .... ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Leiva wrote: »
    good luck from over here as well man.

is it your 1st , 2nd or 3rd .... ?????

Cheers Leiva. It's number 2, already have a mini Batman/Professional wrestler in training.

Cheers Leiva. It's number 2, already have a mini Batman/Professional wrestler in training.

Tell me about it. especially the wrestling!

only thing is now he wants to do all John Cena moves on his 2yr old younger brother.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

sweetie wrote: »
    apparently southampton are in talks with Ever Banega of Valencia, i've heard him mentioned as a potential here before.

Find it odd that him and Lovren could end up at Southampton with the greatest of respect they won't be in contention for the top 4 next year. They'd be better off staying where they were tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Still feel we're weaker. The problem I have is that we're losing our only natural goal scorer. While Sturridge has been quality, I get the feeling that he could easily have a scoring drought. Mkhitaryan is going to find it a lot harder in the Premier League. Aspas doesn't seem to have been prolific in his career. The rest of our attackers (Downing, Borini, etc.) have struggled to score goals.

Hope I am wrong.

I'd be very worried as well if we sell Suarez (& Carroll obviously) and only bring in the players listed, I think we'll struggle for consistent goals. Sturridge, Aspas & Borini wouldn't be enough strength in depth up front, even if the AMs are chipping in with goals. Assuming we get a £40m+ fee for Suarez and if we sell players like Sktrl & Downing we should be able to afford a £15m - £20m striker and still only have a Net Spend (:eek: I said it) of £20m or £25m.

I'd insist on Higuain from Real as part of the Suarez deal! :D
    Not bothered he might want CL football...

GTR63 wrote: »
    Find it odd that him and Lovren could end up at Southampton with the greatest of respect they won't be in contention for the top 4 next year. They'd be better off staying where they were tbh.

Cha Ching??

Not, that's not a Chinese player they are interested in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Seamu$ wrote: »
    I'd be very worried as well if we sell Suarez (& Carroll obviously) and only bring in the players listed, I think we'll struggle for consistent goals. Sturridge, Aspas & Borini wouldn't be enough strength in depth up front, even if the AMs are chipping in with goals. Assuming we get a £40m+ fee for Suarez and if we sell players like Sktrl the & Downing we should be able to afford a £15m - £20m striker and still only have a Net Spend (:eek: I said it) of £20m or £25m.

Id insist on Ronaldo. Straight swap. Don't budge on that stance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

It was an effective method for Newcastle not so long ago. Except there was no clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

djPSB wrote: »

It was an effective method for Newcastle not so long ago. Except there was no clause.

Hopefully Madrid will get Damien Comolli on board to do the negotiations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

What's the latest on Iago Aspas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We really showed Newcastle, by calling their bluff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Erriksen seems to have signed for Dortmund for 15m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

If we sell suarez for anything under 50 mill to em ill be pissed and if madrid want to sweeten the deal with a player it has to be one of their main players (isint coentrao unhappy there?) not a nunez please and thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Seamu$ wrote: »

If Lfc could get Di Maria and 20 or so million I would bite reals arm off he is world class, works hard and has great feet and vision, imagine him instead of downing on the right, then use the left over to buy a top class finisher to support sturridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

If Lfc could get Di Maria and 20 or so million I would bite reals arm off he is world class, works hard and has great feet and vision, imagine him instead of downing on the right, then use the left over to buy a top class finisher to support sturridge.

I'd prefer Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Andy Carroll is expected to have a medical at West Ham on Tuesday ahead of his £15.5million move from Liverpool. (Independent)

Didnt think wed get so much for him :)
    But still not even half of what we paid for him :o

daithijjj wrote: »
    Erriksen seems to have signed for Dortmund for 15m.

That's a good bit of business for them. I wonder did Liverpool change their minds on him, or did the player prefer Dortmund. I know Dortmund can offer CL football, but I still think Liverpool should be at least as attractive a destination as them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He's an excellent player alright but he would hardly be a positive when it comes to your image. If people thought Suarez was a dirty cheat, wait until they get a load of Di Maria! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Wouldn't be surprised if he failed the medical, hopefully not though. It will be nice to put an end to the worst the transfer this club has ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

klose wrote: »
    Andy Carroll is expected to have a medical at West Ham on Tuesday ahead of his £15.5million move from Liverpool. (Independent)

Didnt think wed get so much for him :)
    But still not even half of what we paid for him :o

Its seems everyone is destined to overpay for Andy Carroll. In 10 years he'll still be going for 6-7 million, you wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I´d rather Lamela than Di Maria...since we're in dreamland!

Not convinced about the wisdom of spending 20m+ on a player from the Ukrainian league. Not convinced at all....not sure Rogers is in the position to gamble as he will be under severe scrutiny if we don't progress again next year.

For our major summer signing (in terms of money spent on 1 player) I would want to be very very confident that player can operate in the Premier League without too much of a transition period. I guess we are limited to players who will come given the lack of european football but we need to be very careful.

Can't wait til Suarez is gone or back with apologies. All this gurning in the press is depressing. I hope someone from the club has spoken to him and outlined our position.

djPSB wrote: »
    I'd prefer Ronaldo.

More chance of spearing joining the Lakers plus Suarez wouldn't cover the cost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

That's a good bit of business for them. I wonder did Liverpool change their minds on him, or did the player prefer Dortmund. I know Dortmund can offer CL football, but I still think Liverpool should be at least as attractive a destination as them.

Why ? What can we offer that Dortmund can't? They are competing for the top prizes in Europe, have one of the best young managers in Europe, have a great stadium and the German league's stock is rising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

mike65 wrote: »
    Its seems everyone is destined to overpay for Andy Carroll. In 10 years he'll still be sitting in a bar laughing about how he used be a professional footballer.......

Fixed your post for you there. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Bit of both probably.

Perhaps we are in for Mkhitryan instead as it seems he does actually find LFC as the move for him.

I am pie wrote: »
    Why ? What can we offer that Dortmund can't? They are competing for the top prizes in Europe, have one of the best young managers in Europe, have a great stadium and the German league's stock is rising.

The 3 things footballers seem to be interested in are CL, playing in a decent league, and money. Granted we can't offer CL football, but we can probably better them in the other 2 departments.

Not saying we're a very desirable destination at the moment, but you hardly call Dortmund a big draw either. Look at the players that they're losing right now and it says a lot. If Liverpool had won the league last season and finished runners up in the CL this season, we wouldn't have our best players beating a path out the door.

I am pie wrote: »

Its still a long way off the pl tho, plus their is a danger that b Munich will dominate that league for the years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Its still a long way off the pl tho, plus their is a danger that b Munich will dominate that league for the years to come.

In what way?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement