Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Neffa2

Wonder if anyone can advise here!

I have prepaid for the year for the BT/Setanta bundle and added it to Sky. Currently we have one Sky box but we are thinking of doing multiroom - if we do that, do we automatically get it on the 2nd box or do I have to pay again for BT/Setanta and if so, how much...?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

December fixtures now up for Sky, BT and Setanta.... Here's an update to my fixture list

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85481588&postcount=369

... BT have some very very good fixtures!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

Neffa2 wrote: »

I have prepaid for the year for the BT/Setanta bundle and added it to Sky. Currently we have one Sky box but we are thinking of doing multiroom - if we do that, do we automatically get it on the 2nd box or do I have to pay again for BT/Setanta and if so, how much...?

yes what ever your paying for you get in multiroom box, sure the second box costs 15euro a month

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Neffa2 wrote: »

Setanta/BT multiroom will cost €1.49 per month for the first additional box......see the FAQ's here.

If you're calling them to have this activated just ensure that you have the multiroom set up and have a Sky card. They may tell you that its €2.99 per month extra but refer them to the link provided above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

irishfeen wrote: »
    December fixtures now up for Sky, BT and Setanta.... Here's an update to my fixture list

nice a couple of 5.30 games over Christmas

• Advertisement

kooga wrote: »
    nice a couple of 5.30 games over Christmas
    Yeah BT have two massive 5:30 games - Manchester City v Liverpool, Manchester United v Tottenham..... those games will pull very big viewership.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Its a great line up over Christmas alright, and may be what sways people that may still be deciding to join the Setanta/BT fold. I don't recall 3pm KOs on TV on Stephen's Day or New Years Day (unless they were Saturdays and on Setanta) in recent years either - they tended to be 5:30 and 7:45pm games.

Worth noting as well we also see how BT's picks work on the midweek rounds (of which there are four I believe), one each on the Tuesday and Wednesday night. I don't recall a midweek round this early before (except, as before, if Stephen's Day or New Years fell on a Saturday) - they usually tend to be loaded towards the end of the season, once the League Cup is over.

It all makes you think though, how much stronger BT's offer might have been if their package was Saturday 5:30pm instead of 12:45pm. While I appreciate some of the games are very good, the problem is that at 12:45pm there is less casual viewing - you kind of have to really want to watch the game to break up your Saturday like that, whereas the 5:30pm games sit nicely between dinner time and going-out on Saturday night or TV primetime if you're staying in.

icdg wrote: »
    Its a great line up over Christmas alright, and may be what sways people that may still be deciding to join the Setanta/BT fold. I don't recall 3pm KOs on TV on Stephen's Day or New Years Day (unless they were Saturdays and on Setanta) in recent years either - they tended to be 5:30 and 7:45pm games.

Worth noting as well we also see how BT's picks work on the midweek rounds (of which there are four I believe), one each on the Tuesday and Wednesday night. I don't recall a midweek round this early before (except, as before, if Stephen's Day or New Years fell on a Saturday) - they usually tend to be loaded towards the end of the season, once the League Cup is over.

It all makes you think though, how much stronger BT's offer might have been if their package was Saturday 5:30pm instead of 12:45pm. While I appreciate some of the games are very good, the problem is that at 12:45pm there is less casual viewing - you kind of have to really want to watch the game to break up your Saturday like that, whereas the 5:30pm games sit nicely between dinner time and going-out on Saturday night or TV primetime if you're staying in.
    To be honest BT/Setanta is now probably a must have with football fans with them kind of fixtures - especially supporters of the top 4 (and Liverpool)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

I don't recall a midweek round this early before (except, as before, if Stephen's Day or New Years fell on a Saturday) - they usually tend to be loaded towards the end of the season, once the League Cup is over.

There is usually one at this point, either November or December (pre-Xmas). Last year, for example, they were November 27/28, year before December 20/21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

irishfeen wrote: »

Another correction for you mate (you must hate me!)

Spurs v Manchester United is actually December 1st at midday (Europa League shift).

Less of a biggie is that the other live games on the 1st will kick-off slightly later.

Otherwise top work.

• Advertisement

radiowaves wrote: »
    Another correction for you mate (you must hate me!)

Spurs v Manchester United is actually December 1st at midday (Europa League shift).

Less of a biggie is that the other live games on the 1st will kick-off slightly later.

Otherwise top work.
    Haha all fixtures are subject to change :) ... Il take a look after Work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

predictors on digital spy(who have been very accurate in their pick speculation) say that tuesday 28/1/14 BT will have liverpool everton and wed 29/1 spurs v man city followed by tuesday 11/2 arsenal v man utd and wed 12 WBA v chelsea and there may be a possiblity of Liverpool v man city in march or so. All the above are midweek primetime matches.

those are excellent matches, which in previous years Sky would have picked. so BT are holding their own.

Update [2] ... should now be sorted with Spurs v United moved (and knock on effects)..

.. Thank You radiowaves for keeping me on my toes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

UK viewing figures for BT Sport are a bit disappointing to date. They're getting slightly less than ESPN did before BT Sport arrived on the scene.

UK viewing figures for BT Sport are a bit disappointing to date. They're getting slightly less than ESPN did before BT Sport arrived on the scene.
    I'm sure with the improved quality of games to come you will see viewership figures rise quite a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

bt sport/setanta need to have an web app for non pay tv customers, that is what I am waiting for to get alongside freesat/saorview

ftakeith wrote: »
    bt sport/setanta need to have an web app for non pay tv customers, that is what I am waiting for to get alongside freesat/saorview
    I'd say you could be waiting a very long time, I have never heard an Irish app even mentioned by Setanta/BT. To be honest it probly would cost a bit to set up too so I would be amazed if it happened.

Current advanced listings for Saturday 26th October have Manchester United v Stoke on Setanta Ireland, so it looks like the Premier League will indeed be moving back to Setanta Ireland for the duration of the rugby league World Cup.

Current advanced listings for Saturday 26th October have Manchester United v Stoke on Setanta Ireland, so it looks like the Premier League will indeed be moving back to Setanta Ireland for the duration of the rugby league World Cup.

Hmm, while the listings on the website still say this, EPG and promos from Setanta are saying that the rugby league will be on Setanta Ireland and the football will remain on Setanta Sports 1. So how will they manage this on satellite - Setanta Ireland will simulcast Premier Sports instead of Setanta Sports 1?

No such option available to them the following week when they have three committments clashing - qualifying for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (which is later than usual at 2:00pm), Ireland v England in the rugby league, and Manchester United v Fulham. In so far as one can put any faith in the advance listings, the current plan seems to be for a delayed showing of Manchester United v Fulham at 3:30pm on Setanta Ireland. They can't move the Formula One to Setanta Sports 1 owing to their committment to UPC that it will be shown on Setanta Ireland and the barrage UPC's customer service got off F1 fans the one and only time Setanta did move it (the 2012 German Grand Prix which was moved because it clashed with The Open Championship golf).

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭traecy1

No such option available to them the following week when they have three committments clashing - qualifying for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (which is later than usual at 2:00pm), Ireland v England in the rugby league, and Manchester United v Fulham. In so far as one can put any faith in the advance listings, the current plan seems to be for a delayed showing of Manchester United v Fulham at 3:30pm on Setanta Ireland. They can't move the Formula One to Setanta Sports 1 owing to their committment to UPC that it will be shown on Setanta Ireland and the barrage UPC's customer service got off F1 fans the one and only time Setanta did move it (the 2012 German Grand Prix which was moved because it clashed with The Open Championship golf).

I think the Abu Dhabi qualifying is starting at 1:00pm even though the Setanta website says it won't start broadcasting until 2 with the Fulham v Man United game starting from 3:30. Maybe they're forgetting the time changes this weekend:D

• Advertisement

traecy1 wrote: »
    I think the Abu Dhabi qualifying is starting at 1:00pm even though the Setanta website says it won't start broadcasting until 2 with the Fulham v Man United game starting from 3:30. Maybe they're forgetting the time changes this weekend:D

That makes sense! In that case there is a common junction on both channels at (2:15pm?) that they could use to switch Premier Sports to Setanta Ireland if they want to show the football on Setanta Sports 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Sky Sports 1 feed playing out on BT Sport 1 now due to blocked EL coverage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

maybe get the app in the new year

Forwarded message
    Date: Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    Subject: RE: bt sports/ setanta sports app
    To: gmail.com>

Keith,

We hope to make an app available early in the new year so our customers can enjoy our all 5 channels live on any device.

Sky Sports 1 feed playing out on BT Sport 1 now due to blocked EL coverage

Just a blank screen with "This is BT Sport" on EPG for me.

I meant to mention, apparently a side deal of BT Sport's acquisition of the FA Cup rights from 14-15 onwards is that they have been allowed transfer this season's coverage from ESPN to BT Sport, leaving ESPN free to show US sports. Very little European sport left on ESPN apart from the Europa League and some continental football when space on BT Sport doesn't permit. This is the only official reference I can find - http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/more/tv - though BT Sport are now trailing the FA Cup as being on BT Sport rather than ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

At the moment Bt Sport1 & 2 and ESPN are FTV on sky digital.

Just looked into it further.

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2013/10/bt_sport_to_show_crystal_palace_v_arsenal_free_to_air_this_weekend/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Yes, available (including HD versions) on a UK FTV card and an expired RoI sub card. Due to end at 6am Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Hmm, while the listings on the website still say this, EPG and promos from Setanta are saying that the rugby league will be on Setanta Ireland and the football will remain on Setanta Sports 1. So how will they manage this on satellite - Setanta Ireland will simulcast Premier Sports instead of Setanta Sports 1?

On UPC Setanta Ireland is showing the Rugby league with 'Setanta Live' DOG with the EPL on Setanta 1

On Sky Setanta Ireland is showing the EPL with a 'Setanta Live' DOG with SS1 showing the Rugby League with a Premier Sports DOG

Looks like no EPL on UPC unless you have SS1 this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Infoanon wrote: »
    On UPC Setanta Ireland is showing the Rugby league with 'Setanta Live' DOG with the EPL on Setanta 1

On Sky Setanta Ireland is showing the EPL with a 'Setanta Live' DOG with SS1 showing the Rugby League with a Premier Sports DOG

Looks like no EPL on UPC unless you have SS1 this year

I'd imagine thats because it's free for Setanta Ireland on UPC, it's not free on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

Just a blank screen with "This is BT Sport" on EPG for me.

I meant to mention, apparently a side deal of BT Sport's acquisition of the FA Cup rights from 14-15 onwards is that they have been allowed transfer this season's coverage from ESPN to BT Sport, leaving ESPN free to show US sports. Very little European sport left on ESPN apart from the Europa League and some continental football when space on BT Sport doesn't permit. This is the only official reference I can find - http://www.thefa.com/thefacup/more/tv - though BT Sport are now trailing the FA Cup as being on BT Sport rather than ESPN.

will Setanta Ireland have a 3pm FA cup match under the new deal?

• Advertisement

will Setanta Ireland have a 3pm FA cup match under the new deal?

Not under this particular deal. But the tender allows the FA to sell a separate package of 3pm games for Ireland, I've no idea Iif they actually did so or if anyone bid for it.

Advertisement