Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yep that should happen tomorrow i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yes, we should be advancing when the Jets and Bills get their game done

Probably by tomorrow evening, Monday at the latest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Yes, we should be advancing when the Jets and Bills get their game done

Probably by tomorrow evening, Monday at the latest
    Jets and Bills scheduled for 8 Sunday evening.

Now there's a game that needs a preview :)

Though did Dave do one already? Hard to keep track in this thread

To follow soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    I don't actually have the details. Raoul is the man with them so I sent him a PM asking him to send them to Paully D when he's on next. I PM'd Paully D to let him know too :)

Yep i have sorted Paully out with the details

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

lads a question. as we have a shortened gameweek what happens if one player cant play during the game week? does the other player play the cpu or will it be simmed?

What we did before was the unavailable player either left or got booted from the franchise, can join again at a later date

So the available player plays the CPU

Fairest way

Simming a game is unpredictable, nobody knows what is going to happen
    And the available player deserves a shot to win their game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

lads a question. as we have a shortened gameweek what happens if one player cant play during the game week? does the other player play the cpu or will it be simmed?

If one player can't play then he will have to drop out to allow the other player play. However, if someone is available for 2 days of the gameweek and so is the other player but neither can find a time where they both will be on, then it will have to be simmed.

In my own franchise with a fairly identical team I'm getting about 50 yards rushing a game (i even brough M Bush back) but didnt make a damn bit of difference :(

If one player can't play then he will have to drop out to allow the other player play. However, if someone is available for 2 days of the gameweek and so is the other player but neither can find a time where they both will be on, then it will have to be simmed.

Yeah, think I agree with this. If you contact the other person and they don't get back to you by day 3 than you can play the cpu. I think that we should have a game every 5 days rather than 3 every 2 weeks, just make it easier to keep track.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah, think I agree with this. If you contact the other person and they don't get back to you by day 3 than you can play the cpu. I think that we should have a game every 5 days rather than 3 every 2 weeks, just make it easier to keep track.

Sounds good to me. So it'll start Monday and be advanced Saturday morning and so on :)

Some cracking matchups

Top of the billing is Colts vs Titans, a long and bitter history between these teams.
    But the Colts high flying offense was not so hot in Week One and the Titans stingy defense was porous also. I'm afraid it's not playoff form
    The GMs have been trading all through the off-season, now to get the teams to gel. Both coaches have been putting in the hours on the practice field

No sooner was the Raiders coach appointed but he instantly became a legend with the black hole. Threatening the Chargers with death threats and talking up their team non stop. It's the Oakland way :cool:
    Confidence is key and we'll see can the Raiders avoid getting run over by Frank Gore and the Jets Oline.

Eagles enter their second season and had a succusful campaign last year making the playoffs. Should be a good matchup with Superbowl III champions Green Bay

Elsewhere
    Ravens start the season with four straight road games, they go to St Louis this week

Paully D makes his debut in division matchup against the Redskins with his Cowboys

Well I'm not typing for every game but just the top games as I see it :)
    And a bit of recognition for the new members

Falcons coach is new too [I think?] and welcomes Paddy's Chicago Bears

Great to see the league expanding

Rizzo,

how is tomorrw at 9 for our game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D makes his debut in division matchup against the Redskins with his Cowboys

Looking forward to it now, although I might not be saying that after the game when my controller will more than likely be looking like this:

controllersmash.jpg

McG im free monday and tuesday. not sure about the rest of the week yet may be heading away for work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

has the gameweek advanced?

Gameweek has been advanced and the new rules are now in place.

Quarters are now 8 minutes long in duration and you will have 5 days to play your game. Game week will be advanced on Friday night around midnight. Thanks lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Pudsy when are you around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The jets beat the bills 31-14 . The loss hurts the bills. The bigger loss is that Arain Foster is out for 10 weeks with a broken collar bone :(

Cheers for the game Berty ! Home field advantage next time we meet, that'll help me!

Prince any chance you are about tonight at 10.30?

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »

can play now if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

McG im free monday and tuesday. not sure about the rest of the week yet may be heading away for work

might not be available Monday (got to go to wife work thing) or Tuesday (friends coming over for Valentine dinner).

There's a chance we might not go to the thing tomorrow in which case ill be online.

Definitely can be available Wednesday, Thursday from 9, and Friday

If you're away then fair enough to sim if you're not back in time to play.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Stev_o wrote: »

can play now if you like.

just saw your friend request, I'll be on for a while tonight if you're available

McG wrote: »
    might not be available Monday (got to go to wife work thing) or Tuesday (friends coming over for Valentine dinner).

There's a chance we might not go to the thing tomorrow in which case ill be online.

Definitely can be available Wednesday, Thursday from 9, and Friday

If you're away then fair enough to sim if you're not back in time to play.

Will be available both nights presuming i'm not away.
    Looking doubtful anyway tbh but will let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

The jets beat the bills 31-14 . The loss hurts the bills. The bigger loss is that Arain Foster is out for 10 weeks with a broken collar bone :(

LT went down with a broken collar bone last season, there did seem to be alot of these injuries last year. The commish needs to do something to protect these star players!!!

turn injuries off :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭davetherave

ShaneC/Cards, when are you available?

Ravens and madilags Rams will be playing Wednesday

You accepted my trade on LM a few days ago and it still has not gone through

I've proposed on xbox live now, have a look under pending trade screen

• Advertisement

who are you talking to mike?

To you :)

Titans in the title of that post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Rizzo,

how is tomorrw at 9 for our game?

Sorry only saw your message there. I can play daytime tomorrow uo till 6, Tues at 10pm, wed at 9, thurs 9:30, all day fri,

To you :)

Titans in the title of that post

sorry viewing on mobile.
    Will accept later mike

McG, wont be around tonight actually but will be around tomorrow, Wed and Thurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

McG, wont be around tonight actually but will be around tomorrow, Wed and Thurs

cool, in that case how about Wednesday at 8?

• Advertisement

McG wrote: »
    cool, in that case how about Wednesday at 8?

Cool

Hopefully I can remember how to run the ball by then :D

empacher wrote: »
    Sorry only saw your message there. I can play daytime tomorrow uo till 6, Tues at 10pm, wed at 9, thurs 9:30, all day fri,

How's today about 2ish? If not Weds at 9 is great :)

Cool

Hopefully I can remember how to run the ball by then :D

Actually i'll be around tonight McG but probably Wednesday too, sorry for the changing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Raoul wrote: »
    Prince any chance you are about tonight at 10.30?

sorry just saw your message now! i'll be about at around 11 tonight if thats any use, otherwise would anytime after 8 tomorrow suit you?

11 will probably suit tonight. But I won't know for definite until later. Will let you know by pm. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Wednesday evening after 7 Dave?

Bronco's and the Bill's will have there game played wednesday night. Danny woodhead will need to step up yet again !

We up to 8mins now ye ?

Danny Woodhead probably feeling hurt you traded for Arian Foster, gratitude for ya

Yes 8 minutes

Danny Woodhead probably feeling hurt you traded for Arian Foster, gratitude for ya

Not really, In 5 rushing attempts Foster already made 80 yards on Berty. Then he got hurt. Damn those Jets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭davetherave

Shane.C wrote: »
    Wednesday evening after 7 Dave?

11pm would be the earliest I would be able to play on Wednesday?

Thursday evening available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Exact same injury to Chad Greenway, annoying as hell, especially because it was on a soft-ass tackle from behind of a receiver, not some bone-crunching hit on a RB!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lads, if anyone os looking to trade for a RB, give me a shout, just sayin :)

adrian522 wrote: »
    Lads, if anyone os looking to trade for a RB, give me a shout, just sayin :)

You want one or need one?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I have 3 on my trade block, certainly don't need one, willing to trade one of them away though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

How's today about 2ish? If not Weds at 9 is great :)

Cool I'll pop on in a few

• Advertisement
Advertisement