Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa America 2015 - June 11th/July 4th 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

okidoki987 wrote: »
    1st line should read 76.6 stake on Neymar...
    That will effect the other numbers.
    You're basically backing Neymar, Firminho and Coutinho coupled to be 1st Top Brazil goalscorers at 2/5?

Yes mate. So Neymar at 5/6 best odds. 2/5 for two hedges seems like great value to me giving the returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Yeah that's it but as you said, if either of the below happens...
    A)1 Player I didn't choose gets top goalscorer
    B)1 Player gets Dead Heat with another play I didn't choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Tardelli is much more likely to be Brazil top scorer than Coutinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

PP are doing bet €20 on a top goalscorer and get €5 free bet every time he scores.

Where is this? Can't see it anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Can only see it on Coral http://www.coral.co.uk/sports/offers?promotionId=welcomeoffer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Atlas_IRL wrote:
    Can only see it on Coral

Be careful with that. It's minimum 20 pounds so if you bet 20 euro it won't work (that's what happened last time I did one of Coral's promotions anyway)

Anyway I'll be putting 30 on Sanchez @ 12/1 with this

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Trouble in P

Small bet on Argentina/Falcao winner/top scorer double for interest. Both teams are in opposite sides of the draw and could possibly meet in the final. 45/1 in PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Betfair are doing top GS special bet €25 and get €5 per goal.To get e/w it needs to be 25 e/w.
    Have seen no mention of the PP special must be offering it to many customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Haven't really looked at this but might have a punt at something for an interest. Don;t suppose there was a Racing Post preview pullout or anything to read?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

If you require any inspiration, the guy from pacbetting who has been mentioned before as one to follow has posted his selections up. I am following a couple.

Sam Butchers‎PACBetting
    23 hrs · London ·
    Copa America
    2.5/10 Argentina to win the tournament 3.25.
    For me they are the best side at the tournament. Messi, Di Maria, Tevez, Higuain and Aguero. Goals come from plenty of sources.
    2/10 Ecuador to win Group A. 7.00
    I quite rate Ecuador higher than most and in this group their biggest threat is Chile who are rightfully favourites to win Group A. The first game of the tournament is between the sides and quite easily this could be a nervous draw which leave Ecuador at great value at 7.00 to top the group.
    2/10 Uruguay to win Group B 5.00
    Uruguay could be the dark horse in this competition even without Suarez. They appear to have a good balance and might snatch a result in the group stages off Argentina.
    2/10 Colombia to win Group B 3.00
    As you can see the theme, I am backing the second/third favourites in each group. It is very unusual for the favourites in any competition to win all groups. Colombia have just as much going forward as Brazil.
    3/10 Ecuador top two finish Group A. 2.30
    For reasons above, I expect Ecuador to finish ahead of Mexico.
    2/10 Chile to be the highest scoring team 6.00
    It will be interesting to see how far Chile going in this tournament but with the group they have and the potential opponents going forward - Chile have every chance. I expect them to have scored more goals after the group stage than Brazil and Argentina who are shorter in the betting.
    2/10 Alexis Sanchez to be tournament top scorer 13.00
    As above, I give Chile a great chance to finish at the tournament top scorers and someone has to score them. The main man on great form after an awesome season is Alexis.
    5/10 Alexis Sanchez to be top Premier League goal scorer at Copa America 3.00
    I believe Sanchez will get a fair few goals here but lets compare him to the rivals. Aguero (2.50) is favourite but will be fighting for game time with Higuain and Tevez which will surely dent his chances- not being the main man. Falcao is third favourite but after a drab season he may want to show everyone he is still top draw- Sanchez is the one that comes into the Copa on top proven form. After that you have Enner Valencia who is another who had a disappointing season and there are question marks over how far Ecuador will go.
    0.5/10 Angel Di Maria to be tournament top scorer 50.00
    Just a massive outside punt. Been awful this season but likely to be played where he is most dangerous for Argentina. Di Maria will want to show the world he is back after this season's showing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Yes I haven't seen it on their site either but got the following in an email:

Goooooooooooooool!
    Staying up into the early hours watching tanned men scoring may normally raise a few eyebrows... not when it's the Copa America! And the more they score the more free bets Paddy gives out!

Bet €/£20 on the Copa America top goalscorer and get a €/£5 free bet every time he scores!

What's more, Paddy is live streaming all matches including the final on desktop.

Terms and Conditions
    Copa America Offer:

Place a €/£20 bet on any player in the Copa America Top Goalscorer market and get a €/£5 free bet every time he scores during the tournament
    Applies to bets placed Online and Mobile from 5pm Friday 5th June until 11.30pm on Thursday 11th June.
    If cash out is used on top goalscorer market, no free bets will be credited for that selection.
    Applies to bets placed on Copa America 2015 Top Goalscorer market only.
    Qualifying bet must be £/€20 or more on a single player (either £/€20 win or £/€10 each-way minimum stake).
    Maximum £/€5 free bet per selection per Copa America goal scored
    Own Goals and Goals in Penalty Shootouts don’t count
    FIFA.com will be used for settlement purposes.
    Free bets will be credited by 1pm the following day
    Free bet can only be redeemed on football and is valid for 7 days
    Free bet stakes not returned.
    Paddy Power reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude certain customers from this promotion and to change the terms or availability of this offer at any time.
    Paddy Power Football Rules Apply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

Coral are doing the same bet I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yes I haven't seen it on their site either but got the following in an email:

Just got onto PaddyPower's live help chat.

The reply, "It's only available for a certain number of customers".

Seems you're one of the lucky ones! Us peasants dont get anything!! :D :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mr. Green

TheDoc wrote: »
    Aguero at 9.00 too good for me to say no.

Also I played.
    Aguero after injury - scored slightly in the Premier League.
    But now he is fit and will play at the point of attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,965 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

So, any tips for Chile vs Ecuador tonight?

So, any tips for Chile vs Ecuador tonight?

I'm on Chile ht/ft @ 6/4 anyway.
    They're going to want to get off to a fast start playing at home.

Don;t suppose there was a Racing Post preview pullout or anything to read?

There was a couple of pages about it but no pullout as such.
    Wasn't the best thing they have done, short version below.
    ARGENTINA have had to wait 22 long years since their last Copa America success, but the World Cup finalists are being well backed to finally end the trophy drought.

Odds of 11-5 were freely available earlier this week, although that has been snapped up on the eve of the tournament and even the 2-1 was too tempting for punters with Argentina now 15-8.

Lionel Messi is the 7-2 favourite to be the top goalscorer at the Copa America with treble-winning Barcelona team-mate Neymar next on the list at 6-1.

Neymar's Brazil will be aiming for redemption following their World Cup humiliation at the hands of Germany in last year’s World Cup semi-finals and Dunga’s side are 4-1 alongside hosts Chile.

Colombia are rated 6-1 shots with captain Falcao 20-1 to take the top goalscorer honours.

Another writer for the Post
    The late running of the Champions League final this season means I haven't had as much time as I'd like to research the Copa America.

And when I finally got started, I found myself hopelessly distracted by a map of Chile on Wikipedia. What a weirdly-shaped country it is – a long, thin snake snoozing at the side of South America.

So with that in mind – along with the fact that the tournament mascot is a young culpeo fox named Zincha – who's going to win the thing?

Wes Morgan's had a memorable 2015 helping Leicester stay in the Premier League but we can safely rule out his Jamaica side and focus on the big guns.

I've heard a lot about how crucial home advantage could be for Chile – everyone else will be freaked out by playing in such a narrow country, presumably – but remember how that worked out for Brazil at the World Cup?

Both Chile and Colombia gave Brazil a scare before their semi-final drubbing against Germany but I still reckon Argentina are a cut above the rest of South America (and Jamaica).

They're in a decent group, with a Luis Suarez-less Uruguay, Paraguay and Jamaica, and key men Lionel Messi and Sergio Aguero finished the season brilliantly.

Just in case they are short of goals, Carlos Tevez has been brought back into the fold by new gaffer Gerardo Martino. Maybe Tevez can cheer up Angel di Maria with tales of rejuvenating a flagging career by leaving Manchester.

The Golden Boot looks a half-decent betting heat with Argentina's Messi, Aguero, Tevez and Gonzalo Higuain up against Neymar, Alexis Sanchez, Carlos Bacca, Edinson Cavani, Radamel Falcao and James Rodriguez.

I'm going for Aguero, whose goals-per-minute ratio in the Premier League is ridiculously good.

There has to come a time when Messi gets bored of scoring bundles of goals – and he comes into the Copa after a goal drought of, er, one game – so I reckon it's Aguero's turn to fill his boots in the group stage.

There's no denying the Manchester City man's eye for goal – in fact, I'd go so far as to call him a culpeo fox in the box.

• Advertisement

Pretty impresive stuff.
    75 pages later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Just got onto PaddyPower's live help chat.

The reply, "It's only available for a certain number of customers".

Seems you're one of the lucky ones! Us peasants dont get anything!! :D :rolleyes:

Some people been getting kicked off after the recent spate of free bets - others been given more free bet offers - my account must be to their liking!

I was actually pretty tight during the offer period and withdrew my 20s a few times after breaking even - maybe they looked at accounts like that and decided to give them another offer to keep peoples money in.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mr. Green

Chile vs Ecuador, Both Teams To Score - Yes@ 2.120 (pinnacle)

Chile stronger. But the counter-attack of Ecuador is very dangerous.

Some people been getting kicked off after the recent spate of free bets - others been given more free bet offers - my account must be to their liking!

I was actually pretty tight during the offer period and withdrew my 20s a few times after breaking even - maybe they looked at accounts like that and decided to give them another offer to keep peoples money in.

Possibly so, the sneaky so-and-so's!

On a separate note, you can back all 4 of Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Colombia to win it outright and still get profit. About a 4.46% return on PP. Decent, fairly risk free. Only threat are Uruguay and they're Suarez-less.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,965 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You could say Uruguay are all bark and no bite.

*tumbleweeds*
    OK, I'll get my coat.

Thanks for the previews, lads. General consensus seems to be Argentina. Bit short for my liking but can see why. Will give this a miss. Don't know enough and all the matches on way past my bedtime so won't even be betting for an interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Pretty impresive stuff.
    75 pages later.

Ill-Just-Wait-Here.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭shmeee

Chile on a drift all evening, 8/13 now for the win.

Was gonna go in on them but I'm on the fence now.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Cavani at 20/1 surely worth an ew. No Suarez so he will be the go to guy, coming off a hot streak at Psg also

I really like Aguero to be top argentinian scorer @4.5, but betvictor only let me put €3 on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Vidal injured in the warm up

spock. wrote:
    I'm on Chile ht/ft @ 6/4 anyway. They're going to want to get off to a fast start playing at home.
    2-0 to Chile
    Both goals in 2nd half though :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Might go for a Chilean player as their group have Bolivia and Mexico

On club level Vargas isnt really doing it but in the national team he is scoring often enough. But it is so hard to look past Alexis Sanchez and Vidal will most likely be on penalties.

Both scored, Vidal penalty.

Number of bets i had on them: 0

kxldqFK.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Chile on a drift all evening, 8/13 now for the win.

Was gonna go in on them but I'm on the fence now.

Ah bollox, the drift put me well off. Was a strange drift on all markets in relation to chile.

That's the Mexico bet probably gone now after 0-0 last night :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DiarmAFC

DiarmAFC wrote: »
    Uruguay - Jamaica

Jamaica won last time these two met in 2004 winning 2-0
    Luis Suarez will not make an appearance in this game due to ban
    Bundled with Jamaica's high confidence due to having won there last five internationals

Jamaica +3 @ 1.40

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Treble
    Argentina 3/10
    Brazil 3/10
    Colombia 4/9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Argentina + weak opposition = Lots of Argentine corners.

Gonna wait till in-play but will more than likely take Argentina race to 7 and race to 9 soon after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Aguero wincast 6/4 PP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DiarmAFC

Argentina -1 @ 2.05

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Aguero wincast 6/4 PP

Wow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Desperate stuff from the argies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Haven't been anywhere near this tournament for a bet or to watch a match yet, but am interested to hear if it was a case of the Argies going to sleep second half or Paraguay being decent?

If it's the latter, then this result is a stark reminder that Paraguay got to the final of the last Copa America without ever winning a game inside regular time. They drew 2-2 with Brazil in the group stage back then.

Will be looking at Paraguay DC or +handi's and also draw with BTTS in this situation.

I would describe it as similar to when we drew away with Germany. Germany/Argentina looked good and could well have been out of sight and should have won, but Paraguay/Ireland gave it a real go as time was running out.

Cheers Austria, if Paraguay are like us they are probably celebrating it like they actually won it too :)

• Advertisement

Cheers Austria, if Paraguay are like us they are probably celebrating it like they actually won it too :)

The lad that scored the equaliser has an Argie mother! He took his shirt off and celebrated like he'd won the world cup!

The lad that scored the equaliser has an Argie mother! He took his shirt off and celebrated like he'd won the world cup!

Ha class :) the Ray Houghton of Copa America. The Paraguayan equivalent of Christy Moore is probably trying to immortalise him in song already!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Double just over evens

Colombia 4/9
    Brazil 2/5

Single
    Bacca anytime 13/8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Colombia/Brazil/Chile Treble for mise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Colombia can fcuk right off...

• Advertisement
Advertisement