Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Fine - Took my student details - What is their authority?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

I would suggest that rather than bellyaching on boards, people who observe inspectors skipping those considered "too hard" to make a note of the vehicle number, direction of travel, between stop x and stop y and time observed, then send that into RPA, NTA and Veolia Transdev, maybe the local TDs too.

If people won't make an issue of it, they can ignore it. If it starts filling TD inboxes it won't take too long before there is a reaction somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

If you haven't a valid ticket you have to pay the fine but that only appears to apply to those that look non threatening.

When I used to get the luas on a weekly basis it was normal for ticket checkers to get on and ask for tickets only when the passenger looked normal. People were regularly skipped if they looked out of it or looked menacing. I can't say what it's like over the last few months as I stopped using the service.

My experiences are the same until I emigrated last year. Went back to Ireland over the summer and witnessed it again along with the usual anti social behaviour. In fact my first time using it on my visit was a combo of anti social crap and inspectors ignoring blatant fare evaders. Heard the usual foul mouthed tirade and watched the checkers walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

dowlingm wrote: »
    I would suggest that rather than bellyaching on boards, people who observe inspectors skipping those considered "too hard" to make a note of the vehicle number, direction of travel, between stop x and stop y and time observed, then send that into RPA, NTA and Veolia Transdev, maybe the local TDs too.

If people won't make an issue of it, they can ignore it. If it starts filling TD inboxes it won't take too long before there is a reaction somewhere.

Between 2008 and 2011 I sent a series of letters and emails to the RPA, the DOT and various TDs. Got the usual guff in reply. Still waiting to see an improvement. Did something similar re Broombridge. Thats still a mess too. Writing letters and emails is a pointless exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

dowlingm wrote: »

I have done more than bellyache. I've complained to councilors and a TD in meetings. It's just easier to avoid the service entirely which I now do. Of course someone can argue that I'm running away from the problem but I've found that you're viewed as a crank if you complain too much.

Others will say that it's not that bad and it's like that in other cities. That may be the case but I take a lot of trams and buses all over Europe and Dublin's Red line Luas is one of the worst. Not so much the level of violence, just the underlining menace.

Advertisement