Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting RPA/Luas Poster at Cherrywood.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I went up last night to look at both stops. The Cherrywood stop is adjacent to a dirt road leading through the wasteland to a sub power station. It is for the most part completed although it looks like something out of the deep parts of Russia. The Brides Glen stop is messy, its at the back of what can only be described as a industrial wasteland. I can't see a opening on the 10th at it.

There is no designated parking at either. The access road to the Tullyvale apartments has no yellow lines and is already being used by the residents for parking. That area is going to get messy. The dirt road looks like a gate is going to be put up. I hope it does soon as the land behind it is perfect for parking but is not zoned or set up properly for it.

Cherrywood industrial estate already has a parking permit system in place. I can see mass clamping there over the weekends as a cash cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The Brides Glen stop is messy, its at the back of what can only be described as a industrial wasteland. I can't see a opening on the 10th at it.
    the ind est back right up onto it, doesn't it? certainly looks that way from the carpark and my office though have never actually walked up to it. the other side is just wasteland alright
    There is no designated parking at either. The access road to the Tullyvale apartments has no yellow lines and is already being used by the residents for parking. That area is going to get messy. The dirt road looks like a gate is going to be put up. I hope it does soon as the land behind it is perfect for parking but is not zoned or set up properly for it.
    it will be interesting to see what happens on the first monday re this estate, there is no-where near enough parking provided for the number of units anyway, hence the spillover to the road. I can see cars being left everywhere
    Cherrywood industrial estate already has a parking permit system in place. I can see mass clamping there over the weekends as a cash cow.
    big time i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

I went up last night to look at both stops. The Cherrywood stop is adjacent to a dirt road leading through the wasteland to a sub power station. It is for the most part completed although it looks like something out of the deep parts of Russia. The Brides Glen stop is messy, its at the back of what can only be described as a industrial wasteland. I can't see a opening on the 10th at it.

It isn't opening on the 10th - it's opening on the 16th. That is just under 10 days away - you would be surprised how much they can get done in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

KC61 wrote: »
    It isn't opening on the 10th - it's opening on the 16th. That is just under 10 days away - you would be surprised how much they can get done in that time.

I worked in construction on similar enough roles. Its messy. And the surrounding area is messy. This line is going to have nowhere near the finish that the original had.

Advertisement