Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orwell Randonnee 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Red Belly

Leroy42 wrote: »
    You mean Saturday

Yes indeed. An extra day's recovery before this then! Shure that'll be no problem!?!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fergalos

Ghosty669 wrote: »
    We've contacted last years entrants this morning and as a result, we've had a large uptake in the last few hours. Looks like we should be full by the end of the week if not earlier.

Thanks for that. Will get my entry in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

Just signed up. Also using it as prep for wicklow 200, although the thoughts of the wall near the end of 150k isn't exciting me yet! 😱

Busy few weeks ahead for me now, 130k charity spin to Cavan this Saturday, tour of wicklow on 25th and this on May 2nd.

Better start dropping hints to the wife about all this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

happyhappy wrote: »
    Just signed up. Also using it as prep for wicklow 200, although the thoughts of the wall near the end of 150k isn't exciting me yet! 😱

is the wall not nearish to the start around 30 or 40k? getting worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

happyhappy wrote: »

They are not total sadists in Orwell as the Wall is only about 30k from the start. Unfortunately it is immediately followed by the Long Hill and pretty soon after by Lugala. After that there's really "only" the Wicklow Gap and Sally Gap (again) to worry about. Still not exited? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

It's only the easy half of the wall. Tis grand :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Jaysus only just noticed that this is 150K, was it always that long???????

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

They are not total sadists in Orwell as the Wall is only about 30k from the start. Unfortunately it is immediately followed by the Long Hill and pretty soon after by Lugala. After that there's really "only" the Wicklow Gap and Sally Gap (again) to worry about. Still not exited? :D

My route reading skills need fine tuning!! Yep it's after 30ish k, which 'only' leaves all the mountains then!!!! Il have hamstrings like harps that evening!

All joking aside im really looking forward to the challenge of this in my first year doing sportifs etc.

I personally found that worse having the wall near the start, as it knocks the stuffing out of you earlier on and your legs are dead then

if it was towards the end you could say to yourself I will get over this and then roll home (well stagger)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ghosty669

Hi all,
    Just a heads up that registration is closing in 24 hours as we've now within 5 places of our goal number.

For those that have entered, we'll be sending out information about a new aspect to the event in the next few days.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

Thanks for the heads up. Just got in there. Oh to have a day like today.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Konkers wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. Just got in there. Oh to have a day like today.....

Weather doesn't look too promising for the whole of next week

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

Hi all,
    Just a heads up that registration is closing in 24 hours as we've now within 5 places of our goal number.

For those that have entered, we'll be sending out information about a new aspect to the event in the next few days.

Thanks

Another feckin hill? :rolleyes:

neris wrote: »

All will be revealed tomorrow (and it's not another hill:))

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭buffalo

neris wrote: »

TWO chip vans at the finish!

buffalo wrote: »
    TWO chip vans at the finish!

Damn it buffalo, that's the last time I tell you anything...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

The same hill, twice?

The same hill (the wall) 150 times instead of the planned route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

A compulsory bus for the downhill bits.

Event is now full and registration has been closed.

• Advertisement

we'll be sending out information about a new aspect to the event in the next few days.
    registration has been closed.

Worst. New Aspect. Ever. :P

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

KOH competition - sweet! Cue me destroying myself up The Wall and suffering (even more than usual) for the remaining 120km

colm18 wrote: »
    KOH competition - sweet! Cue me destroying myself up The Wall and suffering (even more than usual) for the remaining 120km

I think we'll have to ensure that the photographer is around the finish of each of the sections to capture those faces!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

Now if there was a competition for slowest up the hills I'd be all over that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I am looking forward to this; my first ever sportive.

How long will I have to complete the event? I certainly won't be involved in the sprint at the end!

D9Male wrote: »
    I am looking forward to this; my first ever sportive.

How long will I have to complete the event? I certainly won't be involved in the sprint at the end!

For the last few years the last rider has returned around 5pm and we'll have a vehicle following this person to ensure that no one is left on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

For the last few years the last rider has returned around 5pm and we'll have a vehicle following this person to ensure that no one is left on the road.

Ah Jesus if he's doing it for the last few years just stop letting him enter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Ah Jesus if he's doing it for the last few years just stop letting him enter

We'd all feel too mean telling Buffalo he's not allowed on the spin :(

quozl wrote: »
    We'd all feel too mean telling Buffalo he's not allowed on the spin :(

Anyone that has energy to smile at the photographer at the top of the wall freaks out the other riders and so it's better to leave him back there.

• Advertisement

Does Denis not get freaked out at being followed? :p

Advertisement