Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

BKWDR wrote: »
    Ahh crap and i mailed them to turn off auto renew...

That's what someone said I mean that's not an official line from the gamepass crowd. I'm just checking my emails from gamepass and I can't see where it says that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That's what someone said I mean that's not an official line from the gamepass crowd. I'm just checking my emails from gamepass and I can't see where it says that though.

Maybe there will be something in or around August about discounts or the portugal thing , have to say i would probably pay the 180e as i just equate it to not going out on a few of the sundays when im watching the games...pays for itself really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    As this has come up again and I checked my emails from MLB and I was charged $129.99. I didn't get charged 25 more so did I definitely come into force on jan 1 ? I'm not doubting you jack it's just I didn't for some reason.

MLB announced their prices for 2015 without this new tax being included so after the uproar of some people seeing that their credit cards had been charged an extra $25, they decided to eat the tax. Some had to get in touch with MLB to get the money back, others just weren't charged it. But it was because of an oversight by them when announcing the prices. It'll be there next year for sure I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Found this in my last years sub email
    Subscription Details
    Username: XXXX
    Service: NFL Game Pass (Game Pass Season Plus Subscription)
    Price: €144.99 €123.24

Access to your NFL Game Pass subscription for the 2014 season will end at 11:59 pm GMT on 31 Jul 2015

Auto Renewal

Your subscription will automatically renew annually (on or around August 1) at either the same price as the previous year's full season rate or the current full season rate, whichever is lower. You may cancel auto renewal at any time prior to next season.

Agent J wrote: »
    Found this in my last years sub email

Yeah that was the full whack price minus the trip to portugal, if i recall.

Which was great value, just such a large increase to 180

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I only tried about 10 countries out of the 25 or so available with my VPN so there might be cheaper ones out there but the €145 I was getting in Portugal, Netherlands and Belgium seemed to be the lowest.

My work network runs through a server in Germany. I jsut checked the price and it is €145 there too. I think that's how I'll sign-up, it'll ease my conscience a little.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    My work network runs through a server in Germany. I jsut checked the price and it is €145 there too. I think that's how I'll sign-up, it'll ease my conscience a little.

Just to clarify , that's the season until Feb, not through to july?

Just to clarify , that's the season until Feb, not through to july?

Actually that's just pre-season and regular season - I've got Sky Sports so that was all I was thinking about. The full lot is €180. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Raoul

Don't forget there is usually 10/15% off discounts posted on the NFL UK site or some referral thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

Cheapest I can find $129 or €115

Singapore, Argentina, Panama

Have to say the more i think about how much i use GP , even in the past few weeks, i dont mind shelling out 180 for it (but hope there is some discount code) - Top app and top way to watch ball.

Watching a few condensed games over the past few weeks and there seems to be a buffering between plays, its via chromecast so might be that issue, anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Have to say the more i think about how much i use GP , even in the past few weeks, i dont mind shelling out 180 for it (but hope there is some discount code) - Top app and top way to watch ball.

Watching a few condensed games over the past few weeks and there seems to be a buffering between plays, its via chromecast so might be that issue, anyone else experiencing this?

Tbh I feel the same, I think it's a great service even at full price. I've noticed a few bits of buffering watching old games via chromecast, but nothing too crazy.

For the blackout games, when do they appear on the app? For example the Thursday night matches, will they be there ready to watch on Friday or are they blacked out for a while first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

For the blackout games, when do they appear on the app? For example the Thursday night matches, will they be there ready to watch on Friday or are they blacked out for a while first?

The only games affected by the blackout are the 2 Sunday games on Sky. All the rest including TNF, SNF and MNF are unaffected and available to watch live

Awesome, thanks.

And the two Sunday games, are they just bloacked-out 'live' or is there a delay in them going onto the on-demand portion of the site?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Awesome, thanks.

And the two Sunday games, are they just bloacked-out 'live' or is there a delay in them going onto the on-demand portion of the site?

24 hours from the completion of the game I think.

Awesome, thanks.

They are blacked out for 24 hours. After that you can watch them in full or the condensed version if you wish

Brian017 wrote: »
    They are blacked out for 24 hours. After that you can watch them in full or the condensed version if you wish

In saying that, they did appear well before the 24 hour mark the next day on occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Been watching the thread without paying attention for ages, am I right in thinking that whilst some games will be blacked out, all games will be available after 24 hours?

I'm not that fussed about missing them live to be honest, unsociable hours for most games combined with having very very few people I know into football to give away any spoilers means that 24 hours later would probably be perfect...

hots wrote: »
    Been watching the thread without paying attention for ages, am I right in thinking that whilst some games will be blacked out, all games will be available after 24 hours?

I'm not that fussed about missing them live to be honest, unsociable hours for most games combined with having very very few people I know into football to give away any spoilers means that 24 hours later would probably be perfect...

Correct. Only one 6pm and one 9pm (Irish Time) game is blacked out until Monday. After that there's no restrictions. Make sure you have scores turned off though to avoid any spoilers! And of course there's ways around the blackouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Brian017 wrote: »
    Correct. Only one 6pm and one 9pm (Irish Time) game is blacked out until Monday. After that there's no restrictions. Make sure you have scores turned off though to avoid any spoilers! And of course there's ways around the blackouts.

Perfect, worth splashing out on so I think! If only prem soccer had the same I'd be sorted...

hots wrote: »
    Perfect, worth splashing out on so I think! If only prem soccer had the same I'd be sorted...

They do if you "live" in certain countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Diarmuid1995

I have been using GP since Christmas last year and am planning on renewing for next season.
    I signed up roughly around Christmas 2014 and it cost me £30 (for the season plus option).
    Reading back through my email it says my subscription will be renewed automatically on whatever date mid summer.
    Was this low price down to the time of the year I initially subscribed and will my renewal price be the same as last year's or do you reckon I'll be charged the €180 as outlined in the prices for this year's version?

Is €180 for Season Plus the best price I'm gonna get or should I wait a little while longer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Wait for a discount code, normally a 15% one will be posted up here closer to the start of the season.

infacteh wrote: »
    Wait for a discount code, normally a 15% one will be posted up here closer to the start of the season.

Yep. usually a code will be posted here or on the NFL UK forums.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Got auto renew email, €120 on auto renew rather than €144.

Anyone seen a better price than that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

adrian522 wrote: »
    Got auto renew email, €120 on auto renew rather than €144.

Anyone seen a better price than that?

ha! I got an auto renew email too, €179.99. They can go and jump!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Was that for season plus? Mine is just the regular season.

Your NFL GAME PASS SEASON SUBSCRIPTION is set to auto renew on 1 August 2015 and at that time, your account will be billed USD 129.99 and your access to NFL action will begin. Want to watch now? You can purchase NFL Game Pass today at NFL.com/gamepass and your access will begin immediately.

This is just for regular season. I don't think I will auto renew. Prob best to go with discounts and Argentina and end up getting it for around 115 dollars. Not much difference but sure better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Raoul wrote: »
    Your NFL GAME PASS SEASON SUBSCRIPTION is set to auto renew on 1 August 2015 and at that time, your account will be billed USD 129.99

Your NFL GAME PASS SEASON SUBSCRIPTION is set to auto renew on 1 August 2015 and at that time, your account will be billed EUR 144.99

:(

yeah so just untick autorenew and then move to Argentina and find a discount code :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I got the auto renewal too. For Season Plus Subscription, I'll be charged 3 installments of €49.99 (1 Aug, 1 Sept, 1 Oct).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I cancelled my auto renewal last year.

Might go for the instalment option, actually. Think I'll wait another bit and see if any discounts from the UK arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

is there a chromecast app on it at this stage or do you just play it through the laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Yeah, I was offered auto renew for €179.99 (it was €144 last year) so that's that cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

is there a chromecast app on it at this stage or do you just play it through the laptop?

I just stream it from the app on my phone/ tablet. Works perfectly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

chromecast was working last season for it, although not always 100% reliable for me at least.

There's an app on Xbox one if people have one of those, I found that very good last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

wonder if they are going to release a ps4 app this season - or if the chromecast works fine then thats the way i will go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Thought I had cancelled auto renewal, just checked my mail there and its telling me 119 the regular season.

Not sure what to do, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Knex. wrote: »
    Thought I had cancelled auto renewal, just checked my mail there and its telling me 119 the regular season.

Not sure what to do, tbh.

Funny I thought I had cancelled mine but received the same offer. Went ahead and cancelled it though, there's still a long time between August 1st and seasons starts for something to appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

They want £130stg from me. They can go whistle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Got the email this morning for 179.99 I don't know what I'm doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Well this was in the mail last year...
    Auto Renewal

Your subscription will automatically renew annually (on or around August 1) at either the same price as the previous year's full season rate or the current full season rate, whichever is lower. You may cancel auto renewal at any time prior to next season.

Last years full price was 145 EUR based out of Ireland I think..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Got an auto-renew mail saying 40 sterling will be taken August 1st... with 3 more instalments to come.

That can't be right.?... 160 sterling? Seems extortionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Jesus. Those are crazy prices. I was all set to purchase it this year but there's no way I can justify that price, especially now that I'm moving to a house with Sky Sports. I want it for Redzone mostly so can anyone tell me does UPC's Sky Sports have the red button access? I know some people who have Sky Sports and can't get Redzone.

No red zone on UPC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

My mail says it will automatically renew for 119 on the 1st and that I can log on and Pay now if I want.
    I logged on and it says buy season for 144 now, the auto renew at the bottom of my account section does mention 119.
    I'll hang off and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Lads, Sky Sports is Half price for the next 6 months for those who don't have it.

Thats only €108 for the rest of the year. Brings you into the playoffs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement