Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

One on banking this morning wanted to know how many transactions, for each of 10 types, I made in the last 3 months. I wouldn't have a clue! And then the same detail for Jan to Mar 2014! What the? How would I know how many ATM, online etc transactions I made up to 15 months ago? For 75 cent! Good luck getting credible data from that survey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

One on banking this morning wanted to know how many transactions, for each of 10 types, I made in the last 3 months. I wouldn't have a clue! And then the same detail for Jan to Mar 2014! What the? How would I know how many ATM, online etc transactions I made up to 15 months ago? For 75 cent! Good luck getting credible data from that survey.

Since when have we had to provide credible data for surveys?;)

Since when have we had to provide credible data for surveys?;)

In fairness, I try to do so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My online banking would probably have that info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

2nd RedCLive survey to crash on me this week. Is it just me?
    Server Error in '/RelevantIDROI' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

• Advertisement

RainyDay wrote: »
    2nd RedCLive survey to crash on me this week. Is it just me?

I had redc today and yesterday with no problems.

My online banking would probably have that info

Mine too, but I'm not adding them all up for 2 questions in a long survey paying 75cent

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had an IO survey that screened out after approx 30 screens, one of the Sky tracking ones (can tell from their graphic design easily)

Hit 5000 on Acumen, so that's Good Friday sorted if it arrives in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Anyone else get that opinion world survey where the first page is HTML text and you can't move forward until you answer the questions, even though it's impossible? I'm not sure if it's my computer or their survey.

Yeah, I've had three of those now. I tried one of them in three different browsers (Firefox, Safari, Chrome) and got the same page of code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I emailed them a few days ago about it. Never got a response. I've gotten three different surveys - all with the same issue.

Same. I emailed them about it the first time I got it, and again this morning when they resent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Has anyone got the banking survey where over half way through you are required to view a commercial that is downloaded?

Have taken it twice and neither time has the download worked.i have fibre broadband so the problem isn't my end.Very annoying to have done 15 minutes of answers twice and have to close the survey :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

NATLOR wrote: »
    Has anyone got the banking survey where over half way through you are required to view a commercial that is downloaded?

Have taken it twice and neither time has the download worked.i have fibre broadband so the problem isn't my end.Very annoying to have done 15 minutes of answers twice and have to close the survey :mad:
    Have you adblock enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Have you adblock enabled?

That would be it then! Thank you

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Survey invite for 3.50 there, entered rather a lot of questions (not 3.50 by IO standards though - maybe Acumen or RedC); got a post-survey satisfaction page - all the usual "how fast did it load?" "was it easy to answer?" questions - then sent to an IO screenout page.

Fantastic...

Registered for Toluna there just for the hell of it, will push those surveys to last in the list for when I've nothing else happening.

However, the supermarket list in the profile appears to have been lifted from 1985:

"Dunnes
    Joyces 365
    H Williams
    Quinnsworth
    Superquinn

Supervalu
    Tesco"

No Germans and in the case of H Williams there's a bit of a problem there that's even worse than Quinnsworth and Superquinn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

L1011 wrote: »
    Registered for Toluna there just for the hell of it, will push those surveys to last in the list for when I've nothing else happening.

However, the supermarket list in the profile appears to have been lifted from 1985:
    "Dunnes
    Joyces 365
    H Williams
    Quinnsworth
    Superquinn

Supervalu
    Tesco"

No Germans and in the case of H Williams there's a bit of a problem there that's even worse than Quinnsworth and Superquinn!
    Unregister now.

Been with them for 1.5 years. 15 euro earned. Just one survey away from my second 15. Been like this for weeks. As soon as I get it, i'm gone.
    Not worth the effort.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Unregister now.

Been with them for 1.5 years. 15 euro earned. Just one survey away from my second 15. Been like this for weeks. As soon as I get it, i'm gone.
    Not worth the effort.

Agreed.They are the only surveys I unregistered with. A waste of time and effort.

I may need to emphasise just how quiet my working day is.

I suffered Toluna when it was only prize draws and gave up due to a previous more tasking job, I'll do it when I've time at best...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

How accurate is the 28 day time period for cashing out offline vouchers?

Think I've set a new record for quickest over-quota. Phone buzzed, clicked email, entered my age and was over-quota.

Clearly they needed one person my age and they were about a tenth of a second quicker. Email still had "0 minutes ago" when I went back to it!

L1011 wrote: »
    Think I've set a new record for quickest over-quota. Phone buzzed, clicked email, entered my age and was over-quota.

Clearly they needed one person my age and they were about a tenth of a second quicker. Email still had "0 minutes ago" when I went back to it!

That happens me about twice a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

How accurate is the 28 day time period for cashing out offline vouchers?

they seem slow enough this month waiting ages for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

they seem slow enough this month waiting ages for mine

Still waiting for mine which was requested on March 30th.

They seem very slow on processing the surveys and updating your balance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What are the best survey websites people use?

Red C, IO?

Is Red C the best for straight out cash payments? Is there any others to be recommended?

RedC are best for cash. Acumen pay very fairly (in vouchers) but are not the most common.

Any Cint based site lets you cash out quickly, from €4 usually - AskMePayMe and Triaba use Cint - but the return rate isn't great

If I get multiple surveys through I'd usually work RedC -> Acumen -> IO -> others in order of doing them, due to the return rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I got one this morning so hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Mine were ordered on the same date, and arrived yesterday.

Advertisement