Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This the second time I've tried to order an M&S voucher from Toluna, and both times after about a month of 'processing' it says 'rejected - multiple accounts'. I don't have multiple accounts, and it seems like they know that too - they put the points back in my account, I reorder, the cycle begins again. Has anyone else had this? I wonder if there's some benefit to them doing stuff like this, like building interest or something.

I abandoned Toluna a year or two ago as they were useless and the rewards were too poor to bother with.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

L1011 wrote: »
    Toluna actually have vouchers now? I gave up after never winning anything in the prize draw - the only option for points at the time - and I think I've blackholed their 'please come back' emails in Franglish at this stage.

Yes, 5 euro ones that take an age to get. It took ages to get the 20000 points needed for the voucher, and it's more on principle that I want to get my moneys worth for the surveys. I've stopped doing their surveys, I just want to get the voucher and then cancel my account. But even that is being needlessly long drawn out :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Yes, 5 euro ones that take an age to get. It took ages to get the 20000 points needed for the voucher, and it's more on principle that I want to get my moneys worth for the surveys. I've stopped doing their surveys, I just want to get the voucher and then cancel my account. But even that is being needlessly long drawn out :mad:
    The first voucher I ordered for Halfords never arrived. Checked my account and they had put the points back. They never notified me. Ordered a One4all voucher and got that.
    Nearly got enough for another. When i get it, I'm dumping Toluna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

That one kicked me out after saying I went to both in-town and out-of-town centres which I found odd.

I too got kicked out when I said I went to out of town centres with less than 50 shops.

And I was kicked out when I said I used an in town centre with more than 50 shops. Lord knows what they were looking for or perhaps they just wanted to know how many used each type of centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

I had about 5 or 6 euro worth built up with them over the course of about 6 months. I got so fed up with not being their target demographic. Did get two vouchers off them at the start but nothing in the space of about a year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lack of surveys, or being bounced constantly, usually means they have too much of your demographic rather than not being target. Mid 20s female seems to be the one they have the most of, going on this thread, they've less men and even fewer older men

Same reason is why any man I know who has applied for the Kantar scanner has got it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Pending's are building excessively now - €21 pending to about €6 cleared in the past month!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Had a weird IO one last night, after 20 minutes of complicated and repetitive questions about online shopping habits I glanced up and saw that the progress bar was only at 5% - the survey was only worth 75c! Needless to say I gave up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

dee_mc wrote: »
    Had a weird IO one last night, after 20 minutes of complicated and repetitive questions about online shopping habits I glanced up and saw that the progress bar was only at 5% - the survey was only worth 75c! Needless to say I gave up...

I did that exact one and I noticed the same thing. However, I regret to inform you that it went to 100% from about 5% right at the end. Only took me about 6 minutes! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

robman60 wrote: »
    I did that exact one and I noticed the same thing. However, I regret to inform you that it went to 100% from about 5% right at the end. Only took me about 6 minutes! :)

Haha I figured that was a possibility alright but I wasn't in the form to test the theory!

That was a horrific survey. Asking specific figures on very vague info then asking you to drill in to them after you've forgotten the sodding figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Yep, I gave up on that one too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Iv'e a bigger ...
    G96zQyo.png
    ... list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

jackoire wrote: »
    Iv'e a bigger ...
    <SNIP> Do not quote pics if possible - it's hard for the mobile readers
    ... list

Would you not claim the existing rewards asap? I'd be terrified about companies like this going bust. They're not regulated, and they're not a bank. Take the vouchers and keep them in the press.

RainyDay wrote: »
    Would you not claim the existing rewards asap? I'd be terrified about companies like this going bust. They're not regulated, and they're not a bank. Take the vouchers and keep them in the press.

I want to keep em till Xmas, If I claim em ill spend em all.

I think there is little chance of this particular survey company going bust. Every now and again surveys have a long participation period and pending builds up. I have 39.50 pending but about 6 was processed on 18th march.

Turnover 32M Sterling, profit 24M Sterling in 2013... they're pretty safe.

I clear out any of the more minor firms as soon as practical, though.

Acumen has clattered to a halt in the past few weeks with just shy of 48 quid of credit - although as I was about to write that an email came through for a 100 pointer. Would be nice to get a 50 quid voucher before Easter (they ship very quickly) but this just brings it more agonisingly close!

• Advertisement

Global test market have just closed their Irish panel and anybody with less than 1000 points could not redeem for any rewards. 950 points gone to waste. :(
    I queried a pro rata payment and got a one sentence answer "Use them or lose them". The cheek!

I had nearly 8000 piggypoints when they became useless, I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Clicked on an Irish Opinions 75 cent survey almost immediately after it arrived in my inbox.

'Thanks for your answers. Unfortunately you haven't qualified for this survey.'

Feck off, I didn't give you any answers. Stop sending me surveys that you wont let me to do. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

something similar happened me I use to cash them in for books for my holidays miss that

ive loads pending too. I don't mind though as I know they will come good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

That's exactly the kind of thing I'd be afraid of. A bird in the hand.....

That's exactly the kind of thing I'd be afraid of. A bird in the hand.....

Won't happen with an outfit like IO but to each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Anyone else get that opinion world survey where the first page is HTML text and you can't move forward until you answer the questions, even though it's impossible? I'm not sure if it's my computer or their survey.

Anyone else get that opinion world survey where the first page is HTML text and you can't move forward until you answer the questions, even though it's impossible? I'm not sure if it's my computer or their survey.

Ye I got that one, it is the first broken survey I got from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I emailed them a few days ago about it. Never got a response. I've gotten three different surveys - all with the same issue.

• Advertisement

Advertisement