Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 13-7-2015

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,289 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I'm guessing this the answer the WWE came up with to AJ calling out Steph with those tweets back in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope the thing with Seth doesn't turn into another "Ah, we were only messing with you. Everyone's grand and we're all here to help Seth win" situation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

So I'm guessing this the answer the WWE came up with to AJ calling out Steph with those tweets back in February.

I doubt it. Equality in sports is a big topic in America at the moment(being discussed on all the cable news shows) and Steph even mentioned the Us ladies team and Wimbledon in her promo. WWE are jumping on this bandwagon for a while. The bearded virgins will chant nxt and this is awesome until women's wrestling goes back to its deserving 5 minutes per week air time after Summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Honestly I thought Seth's promo after the Leaner beatdown of Kane was like something they'd do after the cameras had stopped rolling just for the live audience. It didn't hit at all in my opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ratings still in the toilet:
    WWE news: Raw ratings

Raw on Monday did 3.54 million viewers, the second lowest number in the last 17 years not on a holiday or during football season.

The number was expected to be down due to Home Run Derby, which did 7,126,000 viewers.

The Raw numbers did increase by the hour, so that was a good sign.

8 p.m. 3.43 million viewers

9 p.m. 3.51 million viewers

10 p.m. 3.65 million viewers

That WWE Boardroom turmoil story I talked about from my vague understanding is coming out via PWTorch sometime this week. Kevin Dunn has to be sweating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hopefully he is as the TV product to his credit was always better than WCW and it's slick looking now but Kevin Dunn has no business in the wrestling side of things. That's my problem with Kevin Dunn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Hmm Kevin Dunn has been there for 30 years through good times and bad. Ratings have been lower than this in the past and he survived. Is there any reason in particular he should suddenly get the boot now? I mean I'm not a defender of him or anything but why would be to blame for this ratings slump anymore than WWE went through in the past with him as producer?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Triple Threat was another fantastic surprise and unexpected treat. Best thing in WWE by far is the recent booking around the US title.

Is a complete contrast to the endless tag matches, that feature no regular tag teams. At least said match featured the horribleness that is Orton V Sheamus and Ryback, Show, Miz in one match.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Isn't defending a title against someone right after they competed in another match a heel thing?

Was thinking about Bayley not being brought up and realised she wouldn't have fit in that segment last night. You have all these divas clearly out to go against the Bellas, then you have Bayley coming in all cheerful. Coming in to help a friend later would be more like her

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

DM_7 wrote: »
    Is a complete contrast to the endless tag matches, that feature no regular tag teams. At least said match featured the horribleness that is Orton V Sheamus and Ryback, Show, Miz in one match.

Those two feuds are still not as bad as King Barrett vs. King Truth....kudos to Stephanie btw for not burying the new Diva's while introducing them I always worry when she is holding a mic she is quite reckless at times. Fúck I better watch Raw this week instead of Review a Raw

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I found it very off that Sasha was alligned with Naomi & Tamina. Obviously it's good to have someone like her to go against the other NXT girls / Paige in matches as people have pointed out but it really just looked like she was with them because of 1 of 3 things and in terms of Kayfabe none of them make sense

a)They are the Tweeners (Bellas = Heel, Paige & Friends face)
    b) Their race
    c) she just happened to be standing next to them when making it 3 teams of 3 so why not.

there was no storyline reason for her to be with them and I really hope they at least give a basic reason going forward if she is to team with them against the others even if its something as simple as she has her issues with the NXT girls but also wants to show the people currently "running the Divas division" that she is the boss and therefore Tamina/Naomi are the ones she doesn't have issue with and will align herself with so as to do so.

that overly long bit aside I did really enjoy it and they gave it the gravitas it deserved and put the segment itself and the girls over and it was the best the Divas division has looked for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Ridley

I thought Banks aligning with Naomi because they're of a similar mindset was fair enough as a reason.

Although what would have happened if Naomi hadn't interrupted proceedings?

Advertisement