Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

its coming! Google Nexus 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

Disappointed in both the price - it'll be €399 here - and 4:3ish screen of the Nexus 9. Was waiting to see what it would be but think I'll be going for the Nvidia Shield Tablet instead.

I actually think its a fair price for the specs.it was always billed as a premium tablet.i will be ordering one in 2 days to go with my nexus 10 and nexus 7 :). Actually my nexus 10 will be going to a good home as soon as i get the 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Disappointed in both the price - it'll be €399 here - and 4:3ish screen of the Nexus 9. Was waiting to see what it would be but think I'll be going for the Nvidia Shield Tablet instead.

This is a premium product in all fairness, Premium build, top of the line Tegra K1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

So disappointed with the pricing, really wish they were less.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It just takes it into iPad territory and outside of the real enthusiasts, I don't think they'll be able to compete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Where's the pricing for Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Where's the pricing for Europe?

Not announced but $399 in the US which almost always translates as €399 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

399 euro is decent for what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I see. I'd still take one over an iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Unless Google are killing the N7 it just means there's a new high end option.

Apart from app ecosystem the N9 will be pretty well placed vs the new iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I'm kinda surprised at the 2GB RAM. Thought with the advent of 64 bit era in Android and all they would bump it up a bit more. I know it isn't truly necessary yet, but would have been sweet to have a tablet with 4GB that it could fully use just for e-peen bragging rights. :-P

• Advertisement

I don't normally buy keyboards for my nexus tablets, but I could be tempted by this one.

http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-9-keyboard-cover

can a mod change the title of this thread from "its coming" to " its here" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

32gb isn't much for max storage when it doesn't take memory cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

can a mod change the title of this thread from "its coming" to " its here" ?
    ... or possibly put an Android smoking a cigarette in the first post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

That price point is making me have a re-think to be honest. I was in at €320 or so but if it ends up at €400, I might sit tight for another while and see what competitors do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I'm really interested in this, heard the keyboard for it is going to cost a fortune though. When I account for the fact I'll be looking to get the 4g version and the keyboard, it's pretty pricy.

Spazdarn wrote: »
    I'm really interested in this, heard the keyboard for it is going to cost a fortune though

yeah I really want the keyboard,but I,m not going to pay a fortune for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

how hard will it be to get here when it comes out guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I'm gonna be in NYC for the weekend of Nov 7th - assuming I find some shops with this in stock, does anything think I'm correct in thinking:

1) The US price, even including NYC sales tax at almost 9%, will be better than the Irish price
    2) If I run into problems back in Ireland, I'll be able to return to Google/the manufacturer here easily enough (I previously had problems with my first Nexus 7 2012 and the manufacturer didn't even look for evidence of purchase in processing the RMA and fixing it, it was great)

here are some more in depth pics of the nexus 9

https://www.tinhte.vn/threads/tren-tay-nexus-9-tai-viet-nam.2374875/

• Advertisement

and heres a vid of the nexus 9, its in Vietnamese,but you don't really need the audio to see the beauty of this machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo1XD32zT1I&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

yeah I really want the keyboard,but I,m not going to pay a fortune for it.

I like the look of the keyboard but I do want to see a review of how it works in practice, especially if it is pricey.

€400 for the tablet is on the high end but it is directly competing with the IPad market. Looks great though.

Wow just read that the keyboard will be $129, i aasume that will equate to €129.might be a bit steep for me as i am going to get 32gb version of the tablet,that would be over €600!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Wow just read that the keyboard will be $129, i aasume that will equate to €129.might be a bit steep for me as i am going to get 32gb version of the tablet,that would be over €600!!

Yeah I was thinking of getting the keyboard as well but not if its that price. I'll hang on for an aftermarket one if that pricing is confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Amazon.de have it up now with prices as expected unfortunately. €399 for 16gb and €489 for the 32gb.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00OHNDZDA?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

2013 Nexus 7 FTW.

where can i order one? will it go on amazon.uk at all or will i just order it on the amazon.de site?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

No mention of it on the Google UK play store.

emo72 wrote: »
    No mention of it on the Google UK play store.

Probably wont go up until about 5.pm our time.

• Advertisement

can we order it then?:) would it have to be through something like parcel motel?

Advertisement