Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

its coming! Google Nexus 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭droidman123

It just looks like a flattened out Nexus 7 that someone's added a flash and a HTC logo to!

My guess is it's fake.

you may well be right, but as the article states those guys @upleaks have a good track record of being on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I reckon the image of the HTC tablet is a real Nexus 9, but the 5.9" Shamu stuff is a red herring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

isnt the 6 inch nexus pretty much confirmed at this stage?

isnt the 6 inch nexus pretty much confirmed at this stage?

Not really. All that is certain is that Motorola appear to be making a large phablet.

The images that have emerged, one of the rear cover next to a LG G3, and the other of somebody using it inside a protective cover while commuting, don't really show any conclusive proof it is a Nexus. The latter only shows it is a Motorola prototype device, apparently running Android L. Given how close to stock Android Motorola's UI is, and how quickly they bring out their updates this is hardly surprising.

There has been no proof yet from FCC filings or similar either (Although Android Central jumped the gun on this yesterday in suggesting that a filing may have appeared, but they were wrong. It was just a Droid model for one of the US networks.)

I don't really mind one way or the other as to the size, but until I see something more concrete, I remain sceptical on the 5.9" rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

anyone hazard a guess on the price of the nexus 9? i imagine it will sell out quickly.

• Advertisement

zweton wrote: »
    anyone hazard a guess on the price of the nexus 9? i imagine it will sell out quickly.

apparently there are going to be 2 choices,16gb and 32 gb. it is being billed as a premium tablet and latest prices suggest 400-500 euros. this is all rumour atm, but I reckon in the next week or two it will be officially announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Do you reckon the Nexus 7 2nd gen 32 GB will get a price slash when this comes out? Would love to pick one up for reading.

Do you reckon the Nexus 7 2nd gen 32 GB will get a price slash when this comes out? Would love to pick one up for reading.

Yeah I,d say for sure the 2013 nexus 7 will come down in price once the new nexus is officially announced in a few weeks.

Hi The Governor,
    I think the only Nexus that I can recall getting a price slash on the PlayStore was the Nexus 4, shortly before the Nexus 5 appeared.
    Of course they may do that again with another Nexus device, but I have a feeling that the 4 and 5 both being LG phones may have been an enabling factor in that price slash.

Just thought I'd tell you my own story with acquiring a 32GB Nexus 7 2013 for a cheaper price..

I picked up a 32GB refurb from Dabs.ie a while ago for €180 with which I'm very happy.

Tablet didn't come with original box. Got the tablet, usb cable and charger in a larger plain cardboard box, inside of which the tablet was strapped onto a diagonal piece of cardboard using foam wrap and tape. Other than the plain packaging tablet looked brand new and unused.

Upon starting it up I quickly discovered a very likely reason why the tablet had been returned originally. It was exhibiting a minor bug in the software that affects the "Welcome" first run setup. Basically it lets you get to the point where you enter the Wifi password and then gets stuck there, giving you no way of proceeding further. It's mentioned as part of Problem #4 listed on this page of Android Authority and is quite easy to resolve.
    Personally, I was going to be unlocking the bootloader anyway which would have made the tablet do a factory factory reset anyway. :)

One other point, and I apologise for going off topic, but had to tell this to complete the story. While the tablet itself worked out fine for me, the UPS delivery service that Dabs use as cheapest option is disastrous.
    My tablet arrived in Shannon and nearly got sent back to UK twice before I finally got it. I had to ring twice to get this sorted out, and it was a combination partly of Dabs' fault and mostly UPS fault for simply making no effort to figure out the address or even phone to confirm it.
    Basically Dabs printed the label like so, placing the street address below the county:

Mr Duri Duridian,
    Duridiantown,
    Duridian County,
    Duridian Road,
    Ireland
    06x-CALLDURIDIAN

This was enough to stop UPS in their tracks. :rolleyes:

So if anybody reading this is thinking of getting one of these refurbished tablets, save yourself a headache and avoid the cheaper "Standard delivery" option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Get a Kindle, better for reading if it's books you're talking about reading.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Cheer all. I want it for reading and general media consumption so a Kindle is out. Have my eye on this Nexus for ages but funds are tight so want to save whatever few euro I can. I;ll hold out a few weeks and see anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

its forbes;) you'd imagine it was reliable. F5 hammertime tomorrow so? cant phooking wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

emo72 wrote: »
    its forbes;) you'd imagine it was reliable. F5 hammertime tomorrow so? cant phooking wait.

What will you be F5ing? Where will these be available for pre-order? Google Play?

acb.jpg

haha. im just a big saddo:o i have an account on the england and ireland store. so will be watching both. in fairness its all guess work but i dont expect them to go on sale tomorrow:( but an announcement and specs would be lovely:)

if they go on pre order tomorrow I will have duartes baby:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'm really excited at the prospects of it being annouced tomorrow!

Also can't wait to get Android L on my Nexus 7 and Moto G :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

im hoping this new Nexus 6 phone isnt as big as the rumours say.

I currently have a Note 3, which is a great phone, but definitely the biggest i would ever like to go.

I hope they continue to sell the Nexus 5 alongside the Nexus 6, be great if it was sold for €249 or even €199 too!

Nexus 6 for premium and Nexus 5 for budget?

Maybe? I dunno but it's a great idea IMO :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I was ready to get the N9 as my N10 started not charging, but I have fixed the charging problem, and I believe the 9 inches may be on the small size. Would love another 10 to be announced but I dont see it happening.

However, I do see google launching a 12' within a year so may wait to see if that materializes.

Key will be though the performance of my N10 with L. If it is not good I may jump to the N9 anyway.

Time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I'd be shocked if they are put up on the Irish store the same day as they go on the American and UK stores, there is always a shortage of these things at the begining and I can see them restricting access to some stores. Of course I hope I'm wrong, I just don't think that because we got devices that we can expect everything first.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can't see this being released today, I'm fairly sure it will be the end of the month.

Edit Sorry meant the nexus 6

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Can't see this being released today, I'm fairly sure it will be the end of the month.

Edit Sorry meant the nexus 6

I don't think there was any suggestion of any nexus devices being released today. there supposed to be an announcement on the google blog, possibly preorders being taken today for release early November.

Someone check and see if they are awake in America yet. We are waiting patiently over here. Can anyone post a link to the official Google announcement blog page?

Edit.....Sorry for being a lazy ass. Is this it?

http://googleblog.blogspot.ie/?m=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

It's up there on the Google blog now. Looks very nice, all the features that were expected including the rubberised keyboard. Available for pre-order in two days' time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

She's fecking beautiful.

N9-wlp-1600.jpg

All hail king duarte! It looks gorgeous can't wait to get my hands on it.

beno619 wrote: »
    She's fecking beautiful.

N9-wlp-1600.jpg

Iggy's a beat alright... Oh wait...

...:pac:

consulted with the financial controller department*

nexus 6 is a no go :(

nexus 9 is a go. repeat nexus 9 is a go :pac:

* the missus (obviously) oh and its probably because she will use it more than me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Disappointed in both the price - it'll be €399 here - and 4:3ish screen of the Nexus 9. Was waiting to see what it would be but think I'll be going for the Nvidia Shield Tablet instead.

Advertisement