Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should\Will Mancini be sacked after spending squillions and winning nowt this season?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

plasmaguy wrote: »
    The **** are you on about?

do you actually watch football?

For the 1 millionth time, city are not going to win the league this year...like I said, deal with it...

I feel sorry for those city fans who still cling to the belief they might win it.

City imploded in the last few months.

Watch and know more about football than you, afraid to say.

1 draw and a loss for united at the etihad and they're back in it, now I hope that doesn't happen but us winning the league is not a certainty by any means, stop talking out your hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    The really important thing you always leave out is "I think", ideally followed up by some solid reasoning.

They are not going to win the league this year because they imploded. Hows that for solid reasoning? A lot of teams implode, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

1 draw and a loss for united at the etihad and they're back in it, now I hope that doesn't happen but us winning the league is not a certainty by any means, stop talking out your hole.

It's over, finished, United will win.

United never ever surrender these kinds of leads at this stage of the season, had you watched the last 20 years, you'd know that.

It's over, finished, United will win.

United never ever surrender these kinds of leads at this stage of the season, had you watched the last 20 years, you'd know that.

Nobody can be this stupid, it's just not possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,975 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I said a few weeks ago when City were still in with a shout that they wouldn't win the league and city fans were saying yeh right.

I was proven right once more...

Any city fan who thinks they will win the league this season is simply deluded and basically knows feck all about football.

I think you tend to miss what most people's problem is with the way you speak. It's not that you are of the opinion that United will win the league, I happen to agree, it's the fact that you state it as fact, rather than your opinion - which is all it is.

• Advertisement

Adolf, are you gonna discuss this in a mature way or just throw around insults?

It's not a discussion if you just state things as fact and don't give any logical reasoning.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think you tend to miss what most people's problem is with the way you speak. It's not that you are of the opinion that United will win the league, I happen to agree, it's the fact that you state it as fact, rather than your opinion - which is all it is.

I just don't understand why some people still think City could seriously win it that's all.

They had their chance and blew it and imploded.

Teams who implode near the end of the season rarely recover in the last few games.

My main point is they had their chance and blew it.

And Mancini has to take a large portion of the blame for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

For the 1 millionth time, city are not going to win the league this year...like I said, deal with it...

I feel sorry for those city fans who still cling to the belief they might win it.

The anti-jinx you're trying is cute.

But I'm on to you...

im%20watching%20you.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

United have it locked and sealed. They win the league the overwhelming majority of the time from this position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

When I read the thread title, I assumed there was a typo made. Thought it was meant to read Dalglish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ok!! So anyway, Mancini, yay or nay! Pointless or relevant?? Disgrace or a joke? 200 posts or 2000 posts?? Deluded or non deluded??

I also notice, Cambo, that is your first post on this thread!!

Hmmmmm!!!
    Keeping tabs on us now are we :D
    I didn't bother posting as I said in that first post it's a pointless thread.
    Your post however,I felt needed replying to.May I suggest you click unfollow on the other thread,it's clearly bothering you.

Just 2 other things aswell,the reason there was 2 threads for KD is because one was locked and promised to be open again but wasn't,not because it got so bloated.
    And the other thing,why is it that you think this should be as busy as the other thread?
    I could probably recognise 5 City fans in this forum,if there was anywhere near as many of them it might just be that much busier.If there's nobody in here defending Mancini and calling everybody obsessed sure it's not going to get dragged out as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    United have it locked and sealed. They win the league the overwhelming majority of the time from this position.
    This is the least heart I've seen from a United team. Every time they've been challenged bar maybe the Norwich game they've come up short and not really looked like getting those winning goals which has defined them for the last 2 decades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I doubt most City fans feel the need to defend their manager in this type of thread when they are 2nd in the league with 5 games still left to play and the title still up for grabs......

Us City fans may engage more with this thread mid-May when the league is actually over or if we were much further down the table:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What do you think it means? Look up the word in the dictionary.

Since you might struggle to read the dictionary, I'll help you out.

Lol :D
    Even bigger lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Liam O wrote: »
    This is the least heart I've seen from a United team. Every time they've been challenged bar maybe the Norwich game they've come up short and not really looked like getting those winning goals which has defined them for the last 2 decades.

57th minute: Chelsea 3 Manchester United 0

Full time: Chelsea 3 Manchester United 3

Least heart? Yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

He gives super interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He gives super interviews.

Very cool in front of the camera...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Plasmaguy you look even more silly right now than you did at the time. And that was very silly.

• Advertisement

Hats off to City, make no bones about it.

Couple of weeks ago they were dead and buried.

Bringing back Tevez was crucial to where they were, Mancini forced to swallow his pride.

Every couple of weeks Mancini comes out with something mad like Tevez will never play again or Baloteli might be sold and so on. Couple weeks later one of these players wins a game for him and he says all is forgiven.

Anyways, Man Utd losing to Wigan was a once in a century event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Hats off to City, make no bones about it.

Couple of weeks ago they were dead and buried.

Bringing back Tevez was crucial to where they were, Mancini forced to swallow his pride.

Every couple of weeks Mancini comes out with something mad like Tevez will never play again or Baloteli might be sold and so on. Couple weeks later one of these players wins a game for him and he says all is forgiven.

Anyways, Man Utd losing to Wigan was a once in a century event.

Of course it wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

This is why I love these threads. Great reading back over opinions so idiotic, they were probably trolling.

This is a great one:
    I just don't understand why some people still think City could seriously win it that's all.

They had their chance and blew it and imploded.

Teams who implode near the end of the season rarely recover in the last few games.

My main point is they had their chance and blew it.

And Mancini has to take a large portion of the blame for that.

This one is even funnier:

So City fans, have you dealt with it? Are you still "clinging" to the belief? Just remember, plasmaguy feels sorry for you and he knows more about football than you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Still waiting for plasmaguy to have a slice of humble pie.

Thanks for the laughs plasmaguy!
    This is your response to anyone that said the league wasn't over:
    It doesn't make sense if you lack knowledge of football, which you seem to do.

If you are willing to make an intelligent post, fair enough. If you are just going to post like you just did, I've no interest reading something like that. You know the rest.

How have I dug a hole? They aren't going to win the league, from a footballing point of view, unless a Munich like air disaster occurs to Man Utd.

What's your view on the Tevez return?
    What return? He hasn't played for City since November. What are you talking about?

keep them coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tonight was brilliant, needs to stay for his trolling abilities alone.

From this -

1623450_full-lnd.jpg

To this -

1623472_full-lnd.jpg

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

That hand gesture will be legendary if Man C go on and lift the title.

Wasn't even a bad tackle from De Jong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

In fairness lads City haven't won anything yet. They could well loose to Newcastle in which plasmaguy may well be right at the end of the season. People are acting like the title has already been won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

iregk wrote: »
    In fairness lads City haven't won anything yet. They could well loose to Newcastle in which plasmaguy may well be right at the end of the season. People are acting like the title has already been won.

But he won't really be right, even if they don't win. He completely scrapped them and ridiculed people who disagreed with him. Now they're back in front with 2 games left, even if they do lose it from here, the 'implosion' he referred to was non existent, or at least no worse than Uniteds, weren't they 8 points ahead recently? They might well lose it from here but the fact that they got back in front means he was wrong to write them off so prematurely and with such conviction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement