Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Energie Fitness Club deal: Dublin Location

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thesmokingun

I have a platinum membership for Energie fitness which allows access to any of their gyms which expires Nov '14.
    If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll also throw in a 5 day membership pass which any friend or family can use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Why would anyone want to go to one of those gyms? Seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Orla K wrote: »
    Why would anyone want to go to one of those gyms? Seriously

Why not? It does me fine for now in a perfect location, I mostly go off peak hours so does be quite enough and has everything anyone needs in a gym.

Will be moving house soon but until I do it's fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Why not? It does me fine for now in a perfect location, I mostly go off peak hours so does be quite enough and has everything anyone needs in a gym.

It strikes me from the ads on tv that it's much like plant fitness in America?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Free pizza??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

It seems to me to be the type of gym that will tell women not to lift anything heavy, in case they hurt themselves. That would prefer to have a smith machine rather than a power/squating rack, for insurance reasons. Staff with minimal qualifications, so they can pay them f all. And only try to make money from getting people to sign up that only go for one or two weeks but continue paying for it for ages. I don't know why anyone that knows anything about gyms would give a gym like that their money.

nah they don't sell pizza, they have squat racks, bench press and plenty of free weights.

I don't have much dealings with the trainers but from what I see they actively encourage men and women into weights on there introduction coarse definetly more emphasis on weights than cardio.

I'm not saying there perfect its a commercial gym but they do have everything you could ask for and you certainly see more people training hard than you do those walking on a threadmill. also as far I can see most the trainers anyway know ther stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

squat rack = happiness :):):):)

Orla K wrote: »
    It seems to me to be the type of gym that will tell women not to lift anything heavy, in case they hurt themselves. That would prefer to have a smith machine rather than a power/squating rack, for insurance reasons. Staff with minimal qualifications, so they can pay them f all. And only try to make money from getting people to sign up that only go for one or two weeks but continue paying for it for ages. I don't know why anyone that knows anything about gyms would give a gym like that their money.

Also how is it there fault or any commercial gyms fault if people pay and then don't bother to turn up or apply themselves? I know they give people follow up phone calls to encourage them but if people aren't bothered that's there own doing.

It will just happen less in yor crossfit gyms etc because its dearer and they have more invested in it.

Advertisement