Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Desire HD is official

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bugzy

where? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

But certainly as a typical Desire owner I would not be buying a bigger more expensive phone merely for the HD.

The Desire and the Desire HD have the same resolution screen, the only difference is the size of that screen. TBQH you dont really seem to know what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Bluefoam wrote: »
    HD2 was done already

HTC ACE build for the HD2 is out there. But its still a big beta! it works but loads of things need to be changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Inquitus wrote: »
    The Desire and the Desire HD have the same resolution screen, the only difference is the size of that screen. TBQH you dont really seem to know what you are talking about.

Any that would be yet another reason not to get it - the smaller one will look better. Also the name on the new one is misleading

lol it will not...you can always change the dpi if you want higher resolution look

• Advertisement

lol it will not...you can always change the dpi if you want higher resolution look

Eh.....no Ted. You can't go above the number of pixels in the screen and since it is physically bigger it will look more pixellated - by definaiton - there is not way to get around that. Why do you think apple are banging on about their retina screen on iphone 4 - more pixels per square inch.

higher resolution look

read what i write Dougal

read what i write Dougal

Evolution - physically you cannot increase the dpi beyond the number of pixels on the screen. bigger screen with same amount of pixels = blockier picture. FACT.

dude lower dpi will make it look like high resolution! NOT HIGH RESOLUTION just make it look like it! Personally i hate what they give ya on stock and 200 usually is better.

I never mentioned more pixels!!!

you obviously havent a clue on what your saying. i suggest you find your way to XDA Evo 4G forum or HD2 forum and ask do they got pixelated screens on android and find out for yourself!

Bugzy wrote: »
    dude lower dpi will make it look like high resolution! NOT HIGH RESOLUTION just make it look like it! Personally i hate what they give ya on stock and 200 usually is better.

I never mentioned more pixels!!!

you obviously havent a clue on what your saying. i suggest you find your way to XDA Evo 4G forum or HD2 forum and ask do they got pixelated screens on android and find out for yourself!

Em are you an evolutionqy7 the same person ? Rereg ? Your wording here sure seems to imply that. And what are you rabitting on about - what you are saying makes absolutely no sense. Low dpi is the very opposite of high resolution. Do you even know what these terms mean ? Dpi is dots per inch. Resolution is the number of pixels per unit area. They are synonymous and simply different ways of expressing the same concept. You can't lower dpi and increase resolution at the same time.

If you make a screen bigger but leave the number of pixels the same you are decreasing both the dpi and the resolution.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.
    Oh also I'm reporting you for apparently using a rereg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Em are you an evolutionqy7 the same person ? Rereg ? Your wording here sure seems to imply that. And what are you rabitting on about - what you are saying makes absolutely no sense. Low dpi is the very opposite of high resolution. Do you even know what these terms mean ? Dpi is dots per inch. Resolution is the number of pixels per unit area. They are synonymous and simply different ways of expressing the same concept. You can't lower dpi and increase resolution at the same time.

If you make a screen bigger but leave the number of pixels the same you are decreasing both the dpi and the resolution.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.
    Oh also I'm reporting you for apparently using a rereg

lol

brmccfc wrote: »
    lol

Useful contribution. Care to elaborate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

nope im good

No worries.

Evo-bugzy, if that is your real name - maybe apple advertising can explain it better:
    http://www.apple.com/ie/iphone/features/retina-display.html

mmm i never said higher dpi jeez man will you read. I clearly said change and in the other post said lower. here i even provided you a dictionary link for change. it makes it look LIKE higher resolution! not make it higher resolution. can you not read

go on cry to your mammy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

lads, keep the petty arguing to yourselves.

Advertisement