Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How were you introduced/find boards.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

http://www.google.ie/

search : crappy forum site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'm not entirely sure. For several years I lived here convinced that Irish people didn't know how to use the Internet. I guess the unified nature of boards.ie means that there aren't that many outlying Irish fora since most interests are suitably accounted for here. So if you don't come across boards, you don't come across too many Irish people. Plus, it's not like I was searchng for "Irish forum" or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Looking for English notes for the 2005 Junior Cert. Specifically made my account to tell the OP how much of a lifesaver that person was at the time. Ended up with an A (mainly because of that poster) but completely forgot their username and haven't heard from him/her since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Boards kept popping up in searches so decided to sign up it covers a wide range of things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

I was searching for exam help before my leaving cert, google threw this site up first :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

http://www.google.ie/

search : crappy forum site

Boards.ie doesn't come anywhere for that search.

I got this as first result:

http://www.theforumsite.com/forum.php?t=371553

Crappy Forum Site search on Google

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Seems like some people owe a lot to this site for helping them pass exams etc

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Best mate recommended it back in 2002 so I registered but it didn't hold any appeal to me until 2006 when I finished college and realised that it was a way to pass time in a mundane working post-education existence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Quake/CS/Tribes.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Encoder1970

Looking for info and eventually regged. Have friends here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Can't really remember, it was so long ago. Probably google.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I discovered it twice actually. A friend told me about the freebie thread and I signed up and read it, then stopped logging on. Then a few months later I was looking for retro games and came across the Arcade and Retro forum, remembered I had an account and decided to stick around from there :) Glad I did aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Sought as a replacement for the boards at oxegen.ie. It was more than up to the task......

Advertisement