Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago Fire spin-off Chicago PD

Options
  • 25-08-2013 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭

Sophia Bush, Patrick Flueger, Jesse Lee Soffer all in now while Melissa Sagemiller is out of the midseason show - Source TV Line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Started on NBC last night.
    Thought it was a great opening episode - can't see any weak links in the main cast, which is great.
    Hope it's as popular as its predecessor.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Gotta say I'm enjoying this more than I'd expected, looking forward to next ep.

aine1980 wrote: »
    Gotta say I'm enjoying this more than I'd expected, looking forward to next ep.

I love all the characters - everyone brings something to the table.

Exactly, no weak links so far. Didn't think I would enjoy it as Voight really annoyed me in Chicago Fire, but watching PD I 'get' him, like you said, great characters all bringing something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

for some reason i hate the main cop that was in chicago fire, main reason i stopped watching it, there absolutley no joy in watching him

Another great episode.

I absolutely loved the scenes shot down at Navy Pier. I was in Chicago in October and really liked Navy Pier. Always good when they do location shots in both PD and Fire.

I don't watch Special Victims Unit, so can't comment on the crossover aspect, but even as a stand-alone it worked well.

It saw a big ratings boost this week, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got word of a renewal soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Dick Wolfe has ANOTHER fecking show going to pilot....Chicago M.D. :rolleyes:

jesus....not since CSI have i seen the likes of it!....well Dick and NBC have the trifecta of proceadurals now, doctors cops and firemen.

All the need now is Chicago Law.......:rolleyes:

jenjenten wrote: »
    Dick Wolfe has ANOTHER fecking show going to pilot....Chicago M.D. :rolleyes:

jesus....not since CSI have i seen the likes of it!....well Dick and NBC have the trifecta of proceadurals now, doctors cops and firemen.

All the need now is Chicago Law.......:rolleyes:

Give them time, that'll probably be the next announcement ;)

• Advertisement

Considering NBC have now found some series' that have been working for them, in Fire and PD, after a few rough years for the network, it's hardly surprising. And of course they remember the success of ER, so makes sense to try out a new medical drama. I reckon if they picked up MD though, that Law & Order: SVU will be cancelled. It's more expensive to make and is doing worse in ratings than Fire and PD. Unless they decided to go with 4 Dick Wolf produced shows on next years schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I love Chicago Fire and PD, and I would probably watch MD if there is one.
    I hated Voight when he first came up in Fire, but he has grown on me a bit. I hope they explore his relationship with Lindsey a bit more. I havent seen Sophia Bush in anything other than One Tree Hill, but I think she is doing a good job.
    and the cross overs with Fire are way more subtle than the likes of the CSI ones, which can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Still hate voight - he's nothing but a bully!

The first season of NBC’s Chicago Fire spin-off Chicago PD will receive it's UK premiere on 5USA on Wednesday July 16th at 9pm

Anyone else watching the new season!?! Loving it so far!!!!

Yeah, both shows are amazing so far this season. I like that characters are still crossing over between the two shows.

If anyone is interested, a Facebook discussion group has just been formed to discuss both shows - it's at the US pace...
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicagoemergencyservicesonnbc/

Up to episode 2 - good storylines so far.

I think the season is getting stronger every week. Definitely up to the standard set last season.
    And you just have to love Sgt Platt.
    I dont like where the Antonio story line is heading though.

Nick Gehlfuss has been cast in a recurring role, he will be playing Jay Halstead’s brother Ryan, a successful doctor who will also appear in the potential spinoff Chicago Med - Source EW

This thread has been a bit quiet lately.

I just watched the latest episode and it was absolutely brilliant! Burgess is my hero! And I have to say I couldn't stand Roman at the start but he has really grown on me.

• Advertisement

SarahBM wrote: »
    This thread has been a bit quiet lately.

I just watched the latest episode and it was absolutely brilliant! Burgess is my hero! And I have to say I couldn't stand Roman at the start but he has really grown on me.

Yeah, nice change of pace having the main focus be Burgess and Roman for an episode. Also great to see that it's not always taking down bad guys in Intelligence and that they too have their slow days...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah it was an outstanding episode. Burgess has always been great so it's nice to see her getting en entire show dedicated to her. Roman wans't my favourite starting out too but he's grown on me. For a show that I felt might end up being a bit meh early last season it's really grown into a very strong offering.

First episode of Chicago PD's 3rd series! Great start! I hope if it is as good as last season I'll be happy!

Platt is the best!

SarahBM wrote: »
    First episode of Chicago PD's 3rd series! Great start! I hope if it is as good as last season I'll be happy!

Platt is the best!

Is anyone still watching this? It's still quite good. Nothing really outstanding in terms of drama but it's entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭squonk

Still watching. It's good. I've thought Fire is a better show but maybe its because I've been watching that longer. Solid show is really all I can say!

I have to say I love it and I think it keeps getting better and better. I think I even like PD more than Fire. But I am looking forward to Chicago Med with cautious optimism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Love Chicago PD - much more substance to it than Fire and the characters are all great imo. Almost finished season 2 - looking forward to season 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I've been watching it since early season 1, it's like a 'The Shield-lite' at times but overall a good cop show. I've only watched the crossover episodes of Chicago Fire; I'm not really interested in watching that one, those comic-relief characters that they seem to have in it put me off too. They could do with easing off on the relationship sub-plots in Chicago PD (IMO of course) but that's just a minor criticism I have of it.

Chicago Fire is a lot better this season than PD imo

• Advertisement

Just been catching up on this season over the past week or so - it's a series that gets better every season.
    Mouse is great, and I'd like to see him get added to the main cast, because at the moment I fear that he'll just go the way of Nadia and get killed off at some point this season. I'm really glad they got that f**ker who killed Nadia in the SVU crossover.

Advertisement