Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your odd phobias?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

Oh here it goes.....

Water features (you know like ornamental ponds)
    Driving (never got over a very minor crash - this is just annoying me now)
    Swans (dirty evil feckers)

Actually the mirrors at night thing kinda freaks me. I was in hospital for a while when I was a kid and I remember this one night a few of us were sitting up late talking and one of the others said that if you look into a mirror at midnight you will see the devil over your left shoulder. I know its rubbish but I'm still just a little bit afraid to look

..........I'll be in the corner

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

I dont know whether its a phobia or not but I cant handle cardboard or hear the noise thats made when you pull that box tape off cardboard! I literally shiver when I hear that!! Eugh even thinking about it now :P I think its something to do with the dryness.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Trí wrote: »
    The wooden stick in an ice pop. Freaks me out - hate sucking the ice cream off it.
    Mannequins, ventriloquist dolls, porcelain dolls. DIE

Anyone touching the back of my knees. Hate that feeling.

Anything to do with fingernails. That f*cking flicking sound drives me demented.

This aswell! Horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 zerotolerance

Cotton wool, can't stand the feel or thought of it being torn apart......makes me cringe:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

I know loads of people who hate cotton wool... Weird.

Mine are mushrooms (mycophobia) I cannot stand them, weird fungal freaky things. Its actually bizarre how much i hate them and ive never figured out why.

Also not quite a phobia to the extent of the mushroom thing, but I cant sit with my back to people when eating. For example in restaurants, I have to request a table that is in an alcove / booth or something where waiting staff/general people wont be passing behind me. I have gone so far as to cancel dinner reservations when Ill be in an aisle seat because I know that I wont be able to relax and enjoy my meal.

*I am not a totally neurotic freak despite how this post makes me sound :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i have a terrible phobia of ketchup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

And its not that I don't like them, it is a totally irrational fear of them. I am petrified - that they will burst, or fall on me, or start to squeak, or...or...:eek: My skin crawls just thinking about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

I'm freaked out by bald men and men whom don't have hair on their legs. Had the weirdest nightmare about a completely hairless guy and have been freaked out since!! Can't even watch the men's olympic swim! *shudder* :eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

NoDice wrote: »
    I'm freaked out by bald men and men whom don't have hair on their legs. Had the weirdest nightmare about a completely hairless guy and have been freaked out since!! Can't even watch the men's olympic swim! *shudder* :eek::o

Or the Tour De France...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rjb80

I have a fear of developing a phobia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

rjb80 wrote: »
    I have a fear of developing a phobia.

Phobophobia

Advertisement