Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accomadation in carlow?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

master-d wrote: »
    Yeah Southern Gardens, College Green, Green road and if you have a car or dont mind a 15 minute walk millbrook are all good student areas to live in.

Just be carefull if you get a house in Southern Gardens, there is one particular landlord who is/was also a lecturer in the college who owns a lot of houses in the area that is well known as being an arragant b*ll*cks, letting himself into houses at all hours of the night claiming "its my house i can do what i want" etc...... Cant say names but i think hes the only landlord in Southern Gardens that owns over 4 houses. I lived in one of his houses before and would never do it again.

Have some respect, he died well before you posted this

offaly4sam wrote: »
    O i know who your on about lucky i didnt get a house under him last year. I remember he kicked a group outa a house in may this year just before the exams and one morning goin to college ther was a big banner across from southern gardens on the light poles saying how much of a **** he was...was hilarious

You may not have liked him for whatever reason but he didn't see that sign as he was dying in hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 master-d

Ms Happy wrote: »
    Have some respect, he died well before you posted this

I posted this last year when I was unaware he had died. Who are you to tell me what I can or cant say anyway?

master-d wrote: »
    I posted this last year when I was unaware he had died. Who are you to tell me what I can or cant say anyway?

Only just saw your "response" now

Do you even understand the meaning of respect?? Read the post again and you will see I never said anything about what someone can or cannot say :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I've just removed 2 advertising posts.

This is not the place for advertising.
    If you've accomodation to rent, contact the College.
    Ideally, the accomodations officer.

ShayK1
    Carlow IT Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Miss Dymph

ShayK1 wrote: »

ShayK1
    Carlow IT Mod

No college in Carlow has an Accommodations Officer....in fact most colleges in Ireland don't bar Trinity etc, its more an American thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

Miss Dymph wrote: »
    No college in Carlow has an Accommodations Officer....in fact most colleges in Ireland don't bar Trinity etc, its more an American thing.

I.T carlow does.
    Copied from the I.T carlows website
    The Accommodation Office at IT Carlow provides general advice re. accommodation issues and support in the event of problems. The Institute aims to do what it reasonably can to minimise problems between landlords and students. If you need assistance please contact Rachael Keogh, Accommodation Officer
    Contact details:

Telephone: 059 9175614, email: accommodation@itcarlow.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Miss Dymph

Dave D wrote: »
    I.T carlow does.
    Copied from the I.T carlows website

Hmmm interesting, Im in St. Pats in Carlow and our Accommodations office only relates to in campus accommodation. The welfare officer carries the duties.

Hmmm interesting, Im in St. Pats in Carlow and our Accommodations office only relates to in campus accommodation. The welfare officer carries the duties.

I'm sure the Officer in ITC would help you out if you asked.

I'm sure the Officer in ITC would help you out if you asked.

The accommodation officer in IT Carlow provides a list of digs and self catering accommodation for students of IT Carlow. Most of the accommodation would be located on the Kilkenny road side of the town i.e. Green Road, Southern Gardens, College Green etc. and may not be suitable for students attending St. Pats/Carlow College.

The accommodation officer doesn't place students in accommodation, in the case of any problems they are available to provide assistance where possible.

I don't think the college would be able to assist students form other Institutes/Colleges.........

• Advertisement

It's actually quite the opposite, most of the colleges have at least an accommodation officer, some even have a department (in the larger colleges of course!!) ;)

Thanks for that Ms Happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Iliketalking

Anyone out there still looking for accommodation? I've been looking for a few weeks and all the landlords will only rent the whole house.

Anyone out there still looking for accommodation? I've been looking for a few weeks and all the landlords will only rent the whole house.

Did you ring the college??

The link to the list is: http://accommodation.itcarlow.ie/list.php

The majority of accommodation is rooms in houses, the letting agents are clearly marked ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

ShayK1
    Carlow IT Mod

Oh. I posted 1 of those!!! Apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Iliketalking

Ms Happy wrote: »
    Did you ring the college??

The link to the list is: http://accommodation.itcarlow.ie/list.php

The majority of accommodation is rooms in houses, the letting agents are clearly marked ;)

Thanks Ms. Happy!! Still looking but that helped =)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tomottosam

i got me accommodation on Monday, gonna b a 1st yr student this yr, no bother getting it,
    the landlord im gettin my accommodation had a few vacant houses till,
    and according to the accommodation list has 100 places, he has 9 gaffs in southern gardens, and rent is by the size of the room ur renting
    mine is 75 per week with bills

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If any people are stuck, ask in places that rent out houses to "normal" people. In large student towns like Carlow, they often have student houses to let, or just houses in general that they'll fill with students..

Had a lady called Maura Fenlon as my landlady. Sound enough.

All else fails, check daft.ie - there's usually a few houses on it looking for students.

Hi Carlowboy2020

Ya might need to see the mods post a few posts back....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 mike73

Stay away from anything owned by John Joe Waddock, i was in a 7 person house and he kept all 7 peoples €400 deposits and claimed we owed him more due to damage.... the biggest damage done to that house was when the dial broke off the microwave... As far as i know one of the girls in the house is taking action, but me being a poor student cant afford to do anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭royston_vasey

Yeah wrote: »
    <post removed by moderator>

Is this not advertising?

Is this not advertising?

That's more shilling but yes. Please use the "Report Post" function.
    Moderators aren't always in the right place at the right time but reporting the post will alert the moderators to the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭royston_vasey

That's more shilling but yes. Please use the "Report Post" function.
    Moderators aren't always in the right place at the right time but reporting the post will alert the moderators to the issue.

Will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Power21

I know it's a bit early yet but while I'm on here, I would strongly suggest not renting from Boyd/Ken Lennard. I rented a room in 10 Clarencegate from them, Boyd's the owner but lives in a different county so his dad Ken collects rent, the apartment is nice and big but it wasn't worth it with the hassle I had.
    I first lived with a girl who they viewed as a trouble maker (well she did have a raging session until 5am on the first weekend and the whole building complained) and blamed her for breaking the microwave a week after we moved in even though it never worked and then the cooker broke and they blamed her too, she was only 17 so I think they thought she was an easy target but anyways she moved out in October so I was living alone for over a month.
    By law, a landlord has to give 24hrs notice before coming to the property however, Ken would just show up with people to view the apartment, at 7 or 8pm, and expected me to show them around.
    When I was leaving they took €90 from my deposit for a window which they said I "broke" but they were poorly fitted double glazed windows which cracked due to the cold weather, they then text me when I left to say they would send me €50 in the post because I had been a good tenant and I haven't heard from them since.

They are just a few incidents but there were many more.
    So if you or if you know anyone looking to rent from them I would think twice about it.
    Granby Row, College Green, Carraig Abhainn for first years or Rathdown all grand places!

Advertisement