Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

benefits of CID???

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You might be working in a primary special school but you are supplied by the ETB and working for the ETB. Your situation would be the same as many other ETB staff working in all sorts of special schools. I know the school I worked in had something like 15 such centres (including what were nominally primary schools) attached to it and all those people were members of our TUI branch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

spurious wrote: »
    You might be working in a primary special school but you are supplied by the ETB and working for the ETB. Your situation would be the same as many other ETB staff working in all sorts of special schools. I know the school I worked in had something like 15 such centres (including what were nominally primary schools) attached to it and all those people were members of our TUI branch.

Well, presumably the INTO have accepted him/her...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mollytev32

So it seems because of the type of school were in we have less rights as those in primary or secondary...we don't fit into their little boxes so we can b messed around it seems

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

katydid wrote: »
    Well, presumably the INTO have accepted him/her...
    I hope they have negotiating rights with the ETB, otherwise it's a waste of the OP's money.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

There have been a lot of CID contracts issued to part- time ,adult/further ed staff in literacy programmes lately . Traditionally these teachers would have had various hours ,day and night , contracts ended each June with no guarantees for the following Sept.
    I suspect someone in the ETB puzzle factory has decided to lump the OP in with these guys and made a mess of the situation. Get union - on side . if ETB are paying one probably should be in TUI?

• Advertisement

To b honest through union INTO have been really good...They have been ringing me constantly to see how things are panning out...They told me about a circular out in sept 2015 dat states teachers employed on definite hrs for the school year can no longer pay teachers rolled up holiday pay and that it must be paid throughout the full year ie sept to end of august...when I quoted circular 15 to the etb they had never heard of it and said they would get hr manager to research it and get bak to me...

mollytev32 wrote: »
    To b honest through union INTO have been really good...They have been ringing me constantly to see how things are panning out...They told me about a circular out in sept 2015 dat states teachers employed on definite hrs for the school year can no longer pay teachers rolled up holiday pay and that it must be paid throughout the full year ie sept to end of august...when I quoted circular 15 to the etb they had never heard of it and said they would get hr manager to research it and get bak to me...

But do representatives from the INTO go in to speak to the official side in the ETB, or do they just give you information?

The TUI speak on a monthly basis to your ETB and deal with all sorts of things including personal cases, whcih yours sounds like it would be.

You should not have to be approaching the ETB yourself about these things.

to b honest I'm only in the union a year or so and this whole cid thing is the first time I've needed them...they were a big help in securing my cid but suppose I wasn't aware how much to expect from them...They certainly don't meet with etb on regular basis if at all....just all my other colleagues are with into and so I just followed suit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

What you need to ask the INTO is 'Do you have negotiating rights with my ETB'? If they say no then you are in the wrong Union. If they say yes then you should be asking them to do the negotiation. I had a contracts issue at the start of this year and the TUI handled almost all of it once I gave them the relevant info

Small quiet reminder to avoid text speak when posting here.
    Thanking thee, one and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Advertisement