Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

2007 Citroen C6 2.7 HDI Exclusive for sale at a Renault Dealership in the U.K. £4,500. VRT circa €1,500.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

You'd wantanbe mad to pay that for em'...

Sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citro-eumln-c6/14644520

Here is a 2006 C6 Exclusive asking €7,350 on Irish plates and ready to go. Granted the car asking €25k has much lower mileage and I do at a glance see a few flaws with the cheaper. Notwithstanding it really doesn't make the €25k car worth anything near asking price. In fact the cheaper car is advertised on Donedeal for 33 days so at that price he most likely is asking too much. I would think the €10k mentioned for the car on Carzone is too much. If it was a 2008 on the "chape road tax" it may have a chance of getting €10k?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Dia1988 wrote: »
    TYRES NOT INCLUDED.

I know they're not included but someone pointed out that they were apparently non-road legal and likely used on a rally car. Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

millington wrote: »
    I know they're not included but someone pointed out that they were apparently non-road legal and likely used on a rally car. Nonsense.

Apologies, whichever way I looked at the ad I thought they were 13" instead of 14", and the two tyres that are at the front in pic 2 look like AO48's. That's what made me believe about the rally cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

Murt102 wrote: »
    Apologies, whichever way I looked at the ad I thought they were 13" instead of 14", and the two tyres that are at the front in pic 2 look like AO48's. That's what made me believe about the rally cars.

Understandably at a glance they could look like 13" Minilites or Superlites which are less than half the price, but Watanabes are a Japanese wheel and not a cheap one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Haha, and the cut of it - even if it was tidy and original it wouldn't be worth the colour of 11k..

I actually think that interior came out of a mk2 I used to own, how could a man forget a black and green leather interior :) ... mine was orange on the outside though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

It's the flip-out key that brings up the value.

Only worth 9k otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Service history from Germany, in a RHD car?

• Advertisement

Maybe an rhd conversion?

Being an 85 car it should have quarter windows in the doors too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Maybe an rhd conversion?

Being an 85 car it should have quarter windows in the doors too

Should be converted into a dishwasher instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Belongs in the skanger thread.
    Revolting colour & it ruins the interior too.

The mods to it are rank...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Surely the service history from Germany or Ireland is irrelevant anyway since its got different engine etc now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I know she's got the mighty 1.9 TDI with 200bhp laaaaad but what numb skull would want to buy that at half the asking price even.

Don't see how anyone with 8 cars for sale at any one time can call themselves a private seller

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'd pay €12000 just for the colour alone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

very ambitious price for that Golf considering the colour alone (and the clashing interior colour).

Considering there is only 80k miles on the clock, for a 32 year old car, I would assume either this car was parked up for a good few years, or has been clocked, or even both! 80k over the life of the car is just 2.5k a year. Golfs are not sunday cars, they are bought to be driven, even by 1995, having 80k miles would have been low.

Is the service history based on the original engine, or the engine from the mk3? when was it changed, and how much mileage had the mk3 engine done?

If I was after a 1.9GTD from that era, I'd want an original example not one that is a frankenstein.

I thought the GTD was only in the Mk1 and 2 Golfs anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

YjRmYjEyZjU3NzI5NjNlY2M1NGFmZDdiN2E2MzNkYWLacJgSCSnl2anpAMobfiGzaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MDc0ODI5MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/beautiful-low-mileage-vw-touareg-crew-cab/14946771

'Saddle leather' eqipped crewcab :D
    €10k

Seller also selling some 3 across kids Recaro'ish seats, for said crewcab.

MzQ0MDY3MWZkZGZkZDUyMDUzZDA1MTNjZDk2YjU3NjhFAb8LJbA-DkbKdMUxPMCZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MDc0OTU0M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/caraccessories-for-sale/multimac-4-seat-bench/14947030

€2k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

People offloading the Crewcabs now as they rules regarding the crew cab tax rate are going to be changing due to new methods of measurement incoming which will see owners get the full bill for motor tax. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

166man wrote: »
    People offloading the Crewcabs now as they rules regarding the crew cab tax rate are going to be changing due to new methods of measurement incoming which will see owners get the full bill for motor tax. :)

They're going to re-classify vehicles already classed as 4/5 seat commercials?

I understood it as changes to new applications, it surely doesn't mean they are going to retrospectively apply laws to vehicles that were converted legally and within regulations when they were converted.

Or do you mean that the 333 rate is being split up??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Saddle brown is the actual VW name for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

10k isn't really mad money for that, a little over the odds, but not by a lot.
    However their blatant misuse of commercial tax is ridiculous.

4 f*ckin baby seats in some sort of semi permanent mounting, cop on to yourself, no chance you're using that commercially.
    "being sold to make way for a 7 seater" , buy a pack of johnnies for christ sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

10k isn't really mad money for that, a little over the odds, but not by a lot.
    However their blatant misuse of commercial tax is ridiculous.

They might transport kids for living... It might be an afterschool mobile...

Yes, it could :D
    4 f*ckin baby seats in some sort of semi permanent mounting, cop on to yourself, no chance you're using that commercially. "being sold to make way for a 7 seater" , buy a pack of johnnies for christ sake.

Not that I am picky, but johnnies are in clear opposition to Christ sake...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

Hyfly johnnies!

Slippy in the wet. Beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citro-eumln-c6/14644520

Here is a 2006 C6 Exclusive asking €7,350 on Irish plates and ready to go. Granted the car asking €25k has much lower mileage and I do at a glance see a few flaws with the cheaper. Notwithstanding it really doesn't make the €25k car worth anything near asking price. In fact the cheaper car is advertised on Donedeal for 33 days so at that price he most likely is asking too much. I would think the €10k mentioned for the car on Carzone is too much. If it was a 2008 on the "chape road tax" it may have a chance of getting €10k?

I remember checking that before, the tax on a post-08 one is €2350, so the 07 is actually cheaper taxed :eek:

Paperwork might be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

automatic lhd, tis certainly rare. Rare does not mean it should cost that though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement