Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Had the 12 week yesterday in CUMH. All's as it should be:-). One heartbeat TG. Appointment for 3.30 we arrived around 3.15. Back out the door at 3.38 couldn't believe it. Our second but that moment you see your kid for the first time is pretty special.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

Early scan has put me into March rather than April (9+1 today, EDD March 22nd) so nipping in over here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I had my 10 week scan today (not the big one, that's in two weeks). It was great! I had been having a bit of spotting, so the gyny reassured me, the placenta is not detached so he thinks there is nothing to worry about. Baby looks like a "real" baby now, he was moving his arms and all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dori i am so sorry for your loss, having been there before no words can bring comfort i know but try to take plenty of time for yourself xxx

Can anyone else here tell me please on your second baby did your belly get bigger sooner? on our first the bump was barely noticeable until well into the second trimester where as this time i am feeling bigger already (jeans are getting VERY tight) but my scan isn't for another 3 weeks and i don't want to tell people until after that as soon as i know myself everything is fine... but they will start guessing if they haven't already as i'm noticeably bigger and just in the belly area?

Yes - my second is due around March (all going well). I'm getting big, at 9.5 weeks! A friend assured me she was in maternity clothes around 10 weeks and I read yesterday that "your bump probably isn't showing yet - unless it's not your first child".

I figure the muscles are already stretched, so they stretch quicker and easier second time round, although it didn't feel like it at the time (I think I feel every twinge of pregnancy from implantation onwards...)

Had an early scan last week due to some spotting - see the heartbeat nearly made me cry. It didn't the first time round, but I now I know what that little heartbeat really means and the rollercoaster of emotions that goes with it :)

10 weeks today - an achievement unlocked too, finally having to admit that my size 10 high waisted skinny jeans are not a good clothing choice any more! :eek:

• Advertisement

12 W +2 today, I had the big first trimester scan today and everything is grand!
    The Nuchal fold measurement looked good apparently (this will be combined with the results of a blood test to calculate Down Syndrome risk).
    All the other morphology things are looking good. So now we can announce it to family and friends! :)

11 weeks today - don't think there's going to be much hiding it from work unfortunately, have popped out quite a bit this week and I am now up FOUR cup sizes! Haven't been feeling too bad, just quite tired and in need of a lot of rest. Booking-in appointment and 12 week scan with combined test next week.

I've started feeling the baby move already! Little twitchy movements in the evening or the middle of the night. Or when I'm listening to loud music. :D

no movement yet here, but got the call to say i've been accepted onto the domino scheme so i am delighted, just got to hope everything goes to plan again this time and can keep it as natural as possible,

it really suited me the last time around, what are the odds of it happening again? :D

15 weeks have absolutely flown and as expected its much easier now people know, my friends have been amazing too, i'm not used to all the congratulations (last time around people were more shocked/surprised) and i'm most definitely not used to being hugged so much by friends usually it's just my daughter and husband! :)

Had my booking appointment today - later than what it should have been, generally it's supposed to be at around 10 weeks here but I'm 12 weeks today. Loads of questions, blood tests and the midwife took copies of the report from my private early scan and from my work medical in late July. I'm considered low risk for the moment so my care is midwife-led and my 16 week appointment will be at a community clinic rather than at the hospital. Hoping to be able to choose the birth centre at my hospital when the time comes too. I have my 12 week scan on Friday too, so a busy week this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Hi all,

Can I join your club? :D Due March 7th, 14+2 today, just had private scan today as they don't do any kind of scans until after 20 weeks at Sligo Regional. A bit freaky seeing baby waving it's arms and legs about like a nut job at a rave, especially when I can't feel anything happening lol I've definitely got a bump but my belly button hasn't popped yet so my bump has a dent in it around there lol

Had my 12 week scan yesterday - everything seems fine, NT within normal range, tiny arms and legs waving around :)

Got moved forward another two days too, EDD is now 20/03/16 and that makes me 12+6 now. Definitely no Cheltenham trip for my husband! :pac:

pythonista wrote: »
    Had my 12 week scan yesterday - everything seems fine, NT within normal range, tiny arms and legs waving around :)

Got moved forward another two days too, EDD is now 20/03/16 and that makes me 12+6 now. Definitely no Cheltenham trip for my husband! :pac:
    They must calculate it differently here, because that's my EDD and I'm 14 weeks today! I get very confused with the dates!

Have an absolutely foul sinus infection at the moment, getting seriously annoyed with the fact that all I can treat it with is paracetamol and hot Ribena! :mad:

Have an absolutely foul sinus infection at the moment, getting seriously annoyed with the fact that all I can treat it with is paracetamol and hot Ribena! :mad:
    Can you use a neti pot to clear out your sinuses?
    You can inhale the steam from hot water to try to relieve congestion as well.

anyone else finding this month is just dragging? i feel like i've been pregnant forever!

i'm feeling fine, it's just like time is moving sooo slowly, and i'm getting impatient, our next scan is end of october it's going to be very detailed and we'll get to find out if it's a boy/girl,

i also keep seeing "bargains" everywhere on the bits and pieces we want but i don't want to buy them so soon, or at least before we know the gender, but then i'm wondering will they be priced so low again before March?

Was lucky in the end, taking a day off work where I did absolutely nothing but watch hours of crap TV, sleep a lot and drink hot drinks really helped and it had fully cleared a couple of days after that.

I'm almost completely into maternity jeans at 14 weeks - have 3 pairs now after some really nice Gap skinny jeans arrived yesterday, trying to get maternity skinny jeans that fit well on muscular legs is easier said than done! My last pair of non-maternity ones are getting a bit tight! May have unlocked an achievement on the tube this morning too, got offered a seat straight away by a 20something Polish man without any use of the badge...

Have my last pre-baby race this weekend, doing a 1,500m open water swim in 15c water on Sunday morning. Looking forward to it in a really masochistic sort of way :D

I had my monthly check-up with the gyny yesterday, everything is well and we know the baby is a girl! :)

Yay for a little girl Ivy :)

By nub theory and our 12 week scan pic my husband thinks we're having a girl, but wait and see... 20 week scan is at the end of October which doesn't feel like *that* far away.

Yay for a little girl Ivy :)

By nub theory and our 12 week scan pic my husband thinks we're having a girl, but wait and see... 20 week scan is at the end of October which doesn't feel like *that* far away.
    Haha I didn't realise it was called nub theory, at the appointment before this, the gyny predicted a girl from the nub! I had never heard of that before but he was right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Hi

Anyone else at the in between stage with clothing? I've bought a pair of jeans and some tops that are a bigger size but I'm reluctant to buy any more in case the clothes are hanging off me for another month or so :)

I'm getting past the in-between stage. Bought maternity trousers for work in Next last week because the waistband of my regular ones were starting to dig in. I had bought a belly band (the button extender things) but I was conscious that it showed too much under my tops :o

Still waiting on my belly button to pop so I still have a dent in my bump lol Really showing now, no longer looking plump :D Got a date for my scan today, in 3 weeks' time.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

In maternity jeans since around 12 weeks here. Have long since left the in-between stage behind!

My maternity winter coat arrived from H&M today, at exactly the week where the lower button on my usual spring/autumn one stopped closing over my bump. IT IS GLORIOUS. :D

Little one seems to have decided that this is Wiggly Week, got a proper kick on Monday morning and have been feeling way more movement than before - almost every time I sit down to relax it's like there's cartwheels going on, and on Sunday when I was at the gym after 3-4 minutes on the rower I suddenly got a flurry of movement as if someone wasn't impressed.

Awful quiet on here compared to April and May! :eek:

My maternity winter coat arrived from H&M today, at exactly the week where the lower button on my usual spring/autumn one stopped closing over my bump. IT IS GLORIOUS. :D

Little one seems to have decided that this is Wiggly Week, got a proper kick on Monday morning and have been feeling way more movement than before - almost every time I sit down to relax it's like there's cartwheels going on, and on Sunday when I was at the gym after 3-4 minutes on the rower I suddenly got a flurry of movement as if someone wasn't impressed.

Awful quiet on here compared to April and May! :eek:

Yeah, there are a lot more people expecting then, it seems!
    I tried my maternity clothes but they are still like sacks on me. But my "normal" clothes are quite uncomfortable. I'll have to dig out my belly belt, but I can't for the life of me remember where I put it.
    Big morphology scan is on Monday. I have to ask for the flu vaccine prescription while I'm there, forgot the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I've been feeling the baby move the last week or so and even the odd kick. I know it's a few more weeks until the movements become stronger and baby develops a bit of a routine but it's nice feeling the occasionally flutter.

I had my flu vaccine last week and I have the big scan in early November. Anyone else doing combined care with their GP? Could someone tell me what that entails? I have to make my appointment in the next few weeks. Will it just be a check up with blood test/urine tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I think I might be perhaps starting to just about almost feel tiny kind of 'pre movement' flutters. Maybe. I'm not sure.

Started feeling flutters last week, such an awesome feeling!!! Am getting grief at work about lifting/stretching but it's so hard to remember _not_ to do things when they're things i'd normally do without thinking about it lol So of course I'm getting all the horror stories about 'friends' or 'the sister of my neighbour's cousin's postman' who had something go wrong, all because of the stretching! Not trying to downplay what could go wrong, just trying not to stress...

Well it wasn't the big morphology scan this morning, I assumed it would be the same schedule as Ireland. So today was a routine monthly appointment, and the big morphology scan is in three weeks. Everything is looking good with baby anyway, so it's all good.
    I got the flu vaccine prescription, so I got the vaccine on the way home, now I just need to get my husband's granddad to administer it (he's a retired doctor, he does all the adult vaccinations in the family).

• Advertisement

I've got my "big scan" on Thursday afternoon (@19+4) - looking forward to it and a little bit nervous at the same time. We're most likely going to find out the gender but keep it quiet for a while.

Advertisement