Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Beanies getting on grand. I was much more strict with the cage rest this week which was easier than the previous week. He gets a bit frustrated the odd time and paws to get out but i just leave the room and he stops :o or else id give in. I see definite improvement this week so will see what the surgeon says on friday.

Glad to hear everyones getting on ok. Its such a slooooow process but necessary, so we just have to keep the heads down and get on with it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah Bailey is the same trying to gallop around the place - thats why I got the kids socks with non slip stuff on the sole to go over the bandage so he doesn't slip lol :D

EDIT - pic added - Holding his pigeon (he holds his soft toys for ages gently mouthing them) and resting his foot on his ball :pac:

180438.JPG

Yaaay! No more bandage to take care of :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I was in a chipper this evening and an approximately 10 year old boy launched into a conversation with me. - Is that a dog whistle? What kind of dog do you have? My uncle has a springer, he's a gundog but he does tricks too, he likes sausages and getting his ears scratched . . . 10 minutes of advice on how I should look after and train my dog followed this, mostly stuff he had picked up from his own observations seemingly. It's very important to know this stuff as he's going to have his own dog some day you know! Definitely the highlight my week :D

<ETA> I wonder if he's reading this? *waves*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

did they take all of Bailey's bandages off already TK?

i love the pic of him with his slipper sock on:D....he is so funny looking sitting there surrounded by all his toys with his socks on:) and it s a boy sock too!!

Anniehoo what happened Beanie again?

Andrea you need some of Bailey's slipper socks for Flo by the sounds of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ppink, i probably do!! My heart is in my mouth when i take her out of the crate as shes a live wire and im so worried shes going to slip and damage the joint. Might have to make a path to the door from her crate with vet bed maybe, might be the best option.

Shes having her staples out on Tuesday so i can finally leave the collar off all the time then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

andreac wrote: »
    Shes having her staples out on Tuesday so i can finally leave the collar off all the time then!!

The relief! (for both you and Flo). One of mine has the lethal lampshade on 24/7 at the moment - everyone building up to the day it can come off, she's like a mini bulldozer with it!

The slipper socks are €2 in Penneys and they have boy and girl ones lol!! :) We have mats between the front and back doors to stop him slipping (we have wooden floors) - 4 of these ones that we got last year - http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/30144455/ is Flo still on pain meds? - Bailey has slowed right down since the bandages came off and he finished the meds. The vet said he's still sore and it's fine to give him more if he needs them but i'm playing it by ear and seeing how he is each day obviously I don't want him to be in pain but on the other hand I don't want him over doing it because he doesn't feel the pain if that makes sense? Also she said she admired the way i'm taking care of him because it's not easy and that I was right to get the second opinion - yaaaay!! He was all over her too thank god - after he was a brat the week before with the other vet!!!

*HO! HO! HO! Its Secret Santa Time*
    87873716.jpg

Ok, so ive been asked by our lovely Mod Adrenalinjunkie to put a post in here about SS this year. AJ did a superb job of organising this last year and it really was great fun for both us and our pets. So, invites went out to last years participants and this is who's on for it again in 2011:

• Adrenalinjunkie
    • Anniehoo
    • Blogger50
    • iDigress
    • Kali Kalika
    • Minxie
    • Scudzilla
    • Shazanne
    • Tazwaz
    • Tommy21
    • Toomanydogs
    So, we would like to extend this list by another 10 Boardsies or so.Regular posters of >100posts only please. Secret Santa involves buying your "secret pet" a present for xmas, no more than €10 but not involving food items and posting it to them before the xmas deadline (TBA).

Last years thread is here if you want to know more...and check out our ridiculously cute pics of our pets when they opened their pressies :D

More details will follow re:dates/rules etc but for now, if you're interested in participating please PM me only (no replies in this thread) to register your interest. Closing date is Wed Nov 16th and final list will be posted Fri Nov 18th whereby you will be given further details then.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'd love to know what goes on in Harleys head sometimes.

"oh this couch isn't comfy enough for me, I think I need the throw they've hidden behind the couch.........(manages to take blanket from rad behind the couch and drag it onto the seat) oh what a comfy, warm snuggy blanket, smells brand new too, I wonder why they hid it, I know I'll tear it in half for them so now they have 2 lovely new blankets........although there are 4 of us in the house, I'll rip it in 4.........oops I better not forget about the cats, I know I'll steal a cushion and drag that onto the couch.....maybe I should rip that in half too, one for each cat.......oh I hear someone coming, I'll pretend to be asleep so that they get a lovely big surprise when they come in to see what I've done"

He then DARES to look at me like I'm disturbing him for turning on the light. Granted he looked very comfy among my not so new throw blanket and cushions. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Harley is such a good boy:D:D

Lols yeah I know that "Do you MIND?!!?" look :D:D I have a funny pic of Bailey from last year when he finished crate rest - he took the blanket from his bed and got up on the couch between my mum and dad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ah yes, it's entering that time of year. You get up just as the sun is starting to rise, but the house is still fairly dark. Wander into the sitting room, light on, the dog raises her head and looks at you like "WTF do you want, I'm sleeping here".
    Now she follows me into the kitchen, big stretch, sits in her bed waiting for me to put her food out, eats it, then back into the sitting room and into that bed and back to sleep.

What a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

tk123 wrote: »
    Lols yeah I know that "Do you MIND?!!?" look :D:D I have a funny pic of Bailey from last year when he finished crate rest - he took the blanket from his bed and got up on the couch between my mum and dad :D

Ah now really - how can you post "i have a funny pic....." without showing it??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My fella has started to sneak in my bed when I get up!
    Lazy sod, if he hears the keys he up like a shot.
    I can tell the weather before I get up, if cats hear me waking and come running in meowing its fine, if I get up an dogs get up slowly stretching its not fine, if I get up and dogs and cats are hiding, its raining alot.:D

Oh Whispered, what a mess to get up to, I had a cold and couldn't smell anything earlier in the week. While out walking the little brat rolled in something and I didn't notice, went to work and came home to the worst stink in the world, little bitch pulled blanket off sofa and rolled on sofa. I spent evening scrubbing sofa and sitting on the floor:mad:
    Still you can't be mad at them for long:o

Whispered wrote: »
    Ah now really - how can you post "i have a funny pic....." without showing it??

Found it! :pac:
    181022.JPG

Excuse my language but F*CK IT ANYWAY!!! :mad: 3 weeks of crate rest didnt do enough for Beanie...its surgery for him next week :(:( Theres improvement alright but not enough, hes walking ok, but any manipulation around his knee and his patella slips right out again.

So,its looking like i better make his crate a bit more cosy till after xmas :o

anniehoo wrote: »
    Excuse my language but F*CK IT ANYWAY!!! :mad: 3 weeks of crate rest didnt do enough for Beanie...its surgery for him next week :(:( Theres improvement alright but not enough, hes walking ok, but any manipulation around his knee and his patella slips right out again.

So,its looking like i better make his crate a bit more cosy till after xmas :o

:( Ah noooooo poor Beanie and poor you. That's such a pain in the a$$ now starting again from square one 3 weeks in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sick tummy on dexter, came home from a date to a nice runny poo in the kitchen, back to earth with a bang :(

The back garden resembles a building site today, the mud he's dug up is unreal, if I'd left it another 20 minutes I'd have no idea where he buried his foodbowl.

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    The back garden resembles a building site today, the mud he's dug up is unreal, if I'd left it another 20 minutes I'd have no idea where he buried his foodbowl.

Yeah see that's why we replaced our mud pit with slabs lol :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

have the garden is stoney path, no interest in them, its all about the mud for him. fecker.

:( Ah noooooo poor Beanie and poor you. That's such a pain in the a$$ now starting again from square one 3 weeks in!!
    I know, he was giving me the option of waiting until next friday but he wasnt hopeful and that'd mean in total it'd be 10 weeks in the crate...such a long time. Ah its really not the end of the world, its just a big op for a cat apparently and then the time to let it heal. He's only 2 and far too young to be having these problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

seamus wrote: »
    Ah yes, it's entering that time of year. You get up just as the sun is starting to rise, but the house is still fairly dark. Wander into the sitting room, light on, the dog raises her head and looks at you like "WTF do you want, I'm sleeping here".
    Now she follows me into the kitchen, big stretch, sits in her bed waiting for me to put her food out, eats it, then back into the sitting room and into that bed and back to sleep.

What a life.

I wish!
    Now that's it's dark in the evenings, walks have switched to the mornings. So at 7.15 I get up and throw on a tracksuit and my coat and by the time I get to the kitchen the pair of them are frenzied with excitement for the impending walk. They wake my OH and probably the neighbours with the noise they make when I lift the leads!

Butter wouldn't melt:

c5381.jpg

Ah I can't believe the difference in Benson!!! I saw him on EGARs FB etc when he went there and to see him now without a care in the world - well done borderlinemeath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Ah I can't believe the difference in Benson!!! I saw him on EGARs FB etc when he went there and to see him now without a care in the world - well done borderlinemeath :)

Thanks:) a mil! Coco has been brilliant with him, she really has helped him come out of his shell and become a proper dog. He's so attached to her now and she's accepted him with open paws! They really are best friends.:D

God love him, he had such a bad start to his little life, he was scared of so much when he arrived, so much so he would barely rest his head for the first night but now he hasn't got a care in the world! Except where his next cuddle is coming from!!

zuroph wrote: »
    sick tummy on dexter, came home from a date to a nice runny poo in the kitchen, back to earth with a bang :(

At least the date went well ;)

andreac wrote: »
    At least the date went well ;)

:eek::eek::eek: OMG ANDREAC AND ZUROPH WENT ON A DATE!?!!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Micro chip needle is VERY BIG, never noticed before and my little mite squelled :(:( Im kicking myself I didnt wait till she was bigger

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek: OMG ANDREAC AND ZUROPH WENT ON A DATE!?!!!!! :D:D

Noooo, not me, Zuroph had a date, but it wasnt with me :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement