Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

All the talk of burritos reminds me of this. :Dhttp://www.bbc.com/news/health-30000934
    Hungry Horse said it displayed all the nutritional information and guideline daily amounts for men, women and children on its website. On searching, you can find a BBQ Pulled Pork (Wo)Man Vs Burrito that contains nearly 3,500 calories, 65g of fat and 13g of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

deise_girl wrote: »
    Italian Herbs and Cheese, turkey and ham, plain cheese, toasted, letticue, red onion, sweetcorn, mayonnaise
    And then you try and keep some self control once you taste
    Boojum - White wrap, burrito, no beans, mexican rice, shredded chicken, spiciest salsa, cheese, sour cream...can of coke on the side...oh sweet jesus.

I'm getting both of these some time over the next week my god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Pfft you and your "meals"

blanket-burrito.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

This is a great read. She was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma at 16 and writes about it.
    Four outpatient hospitalizations, an unimaginable amount of prescription laxatives, and roughly an accumulative 48 hours on the porcelain throne later, I defeated the Poop Rock. Things only got weirder. Later I would wonder why the doctors never warn you about what could go wrong, but I suppose the possibilities are actually limitless. Poop Rock? Why stop there? The following six months, I was hospitalized for all kinds of zany afflictions, including neutropenic shock (dangerously low white blood cell count), phlebitis (infected blood clots), cellulitis (akin to elephantiasis), nerve damage, and a lymphangiogram (a fancy word for foot slaughter).

During one of my overnights at LPCH for a bad case of neutropenia, I shared a hospital room with a morbidly obese, fourteen-year-old Leukemia patient who had an infant child and a penchant for random violence towards nurses. At around two a.m. she began making disconcerting groans, but approaching her was ill-advised due to her notorious irascibility. None of the nurses answered my repeated calls on the intercom, and my father commanded me to do something about it, because it was making him feel uncomfortable. My roommate’s less than dulcet squalling continued, so I climbed out of the hospital bed, removed my heart monitors, and unplugged my IV stand from the wall so I could roll myself down the hall to seek assistance. This scenario was a good example of his parenting style, and incidentally the only time I saw him the entire year. He had grudgingly turned up because my mom was worried I might not survive. When I arrived at the ER in Sonoma the evening before, delirious and with a 104 degree fever, they refused to admit me because of liability issues that would arise if I were to die under their care. The elusive silver lining showed through, as the ambulance ride to Palo Alto was actually fun after a hefty hit of morphine.

https://medium.com/human-parts/the-cancer-chronicles-8dced8c5dee5

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I love evening walks around the city at this time of year when the street lights are on and the frost is just beginning to settle on the ground. The chill in the air makes everything feel much more alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I love evening walks around the city at this time of year when the street lights are on and the frost is just beginning to settle on the ground. The chill in the air makes everything feel much more alive.
    Been doing that a lot myself lately. You can do some great thinking walking alone at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Back in the awful year of 2008, my first laptop broke, i was devastated all my music was gone into oblivion my photos everything. 6 years later my library has never been the same. my music is scattered everywhere. apparently i have 6900 music files yet ive only just passed one thousand last year. Wish i could just press a button and restart.

Jhcx wrote: »
    Back in the awful year of 2008, my first laptop broke, i was devastated all my music was gone into oblivion my photos everything. 6 years later my library has never been the same. my music is scattered everywhere. apparently i have 6900 music files yet ive only just passed one thousand last year. Wish i could just press a button and restart.
    my mother put my iPod through a wash about 3 years ago. Haven't had music since.

Bring in the hugs man bring it in, thats harsh.

lol-bro-its-all-good.jpg

you cant argue with Chuck Norris

• Advertisement

i fell in love with the music to this. Id buy this over a macbook :( i actually like the macbook. This model is no longer in production. I still love it though

I would sell my sister for a Razer laptop.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Guys

How do you study for an exam.....seriously?

That's a question I never found the answer to.
    probably explains my current 40 hours for 8.65 predicament. :pac:

Preparation for exams consist of three main aspects.

1. Prayer to the deity you believe (if any)

2. Luck

3. Studying (do and re-do past papers if you have access to them)

These 3 got me a first. :pac:

Past exam papers are the cheat code to college exams tbh.

My process for studying is pretty much the following:
    - Watch YouTube videos
    - Organise my notes in a neat fashion.
    - Go on Boards.
    - Make dividers for my folders.
    - Eat food.
    - Reorganise folder.
    - Panic, cram, don't sleep, sit exam, pass out.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Past exam papers are the cheat code to college exams tbh.

We were quite fortunate that we had lecturers that usually weren't bothered to change past papers. Four questions out of six would usually be the same as before.

One lecturer in particular just changed around the order of the questions, for two separate modules that we had. :D

A reboot that actually looks enticing...

I spent 70 quid on books on a whim last night.

Some are Christmas gifts, but that book on Scandinavian baking is ALL MINE!

It seems that when the toy show is on people don't cook. The whole of Limerick has been into us for take away. It's been a while since we've been this busy. It's like a high intensity cardio session.

• Advertisement

Tbh I don't know what's going on today. The shop was the same too. Just non stop we had 4 tills going all day. People doing shops over €300. We made our own black Friday profits and we had no extra deals lol.

Something that annoys me is when dancers perform their dancing to the rhythm of the music, but no one dances for what the music stands for how it impacts you to want to dance moves your body. Everyone plans these segments of moves but the song is chosen around the dance not the dance around the song. Everything just loses meaning. When dancing to a song you need to feel it within you to come alive. Listen to the words the beat as it touches your skin flowing through you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Jhcx wrote: »
    Something that annoys me is when dancers perform their dancing to the rhythm of the music, but no one dances for what the music stands for how it impacts you to want to dance moves your body. Everyone plans these segments of moves but the song is chosen around the dance not the dance around the song. Everything just loses meaning. When dancing to a song you need to feel it within you to come alive. Listen to the words the beat as it touches your skin flowing through you.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I miss jerfreywithonef. Does anyone know what he's doing now? Singing approximations of π, eating plasters at the bottom of swimming pools?

So many gone and i dont know any of ye cause your all in college.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I miss jerfreywithonef. Does anyone know what he's doing now? Singing approximations of π, eating plasters at the bottom of swimming pools?

What was his name before he changed it? He was one of the good ones!

• Advertisement

I make my life more stressful than it actually needs to be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Damn, he was awesome. He knew his music too. Come baaaaaack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

The last time I talked to him he was planning on studying abroad somewhere, had just finished his undergrad.

Maybe he'd... he come back.... if he knew how I felt.....

ron-swanson-happy-fist.gif

If this really is Freddie Mercury's voice i must say its amazing . video bit scary but whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

The last time I talked to him he was planning on studying abroad somewhere, had just finished his undergrad.

Maybe he'd... he come back.... if he knew how I felt.....

ron-swanson-happy-fist.gif

When i look at that gif all i see is yer man from Parkes and Recreation signalling a blow job

Boards you have spoiled my innocence....

• Advertisement

HugsiePie wrote: »
    When i look at that gif all i see is yer man from Parkes and Recreation signalling a blow job

Boards you have spoiled my innocence....

Thanks. I never saw that till now. :rolleyes:

So what, my taste in music isn't GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU PEOPLE? You need to lament the treacherous jefrey who had the audacity to leave us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No youre a towel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

You guys are making me smile. Which is difficult, since my favourite band broke up yesterday.

Unpopular opinion - TKOL is my favourite Radiohead album.

At work I've got a tongue twister.

Four for four forty seven

Macavity. wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion - TKOL is my favourite Radiohead album.

Unpopular opinion - The Bends is by far my favourite Radiohead album. That said In Rainbows is growing on me in a massive way, Videotape :O

Unpopular Opinion- Radiohead bore the arse off me

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

YOU STILL EXIST!

Nice one.

• Advertisement

YOU STILL EXIST!

Nice one.

Shhhhhhhh. Secret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Videotape :O

fdmbvrn]vy,jrdmhbkdjh yes.

Unpopular opinion - The Bends is by far my favourite Radiohead album. That said In Rainbows is growing on me in a massive way, Videotape :O

Would that be unpopular? :P

Macavity. wrote: »
    Would that be unpopular? :P

Considering the massive critical acclaim of In Rainbows, OK Computer and Kid A, I would say yup! Although your one is probably so unpopular it's a little mental :P TKoL has yet to grow on me :o

All of Radiohead's songs are pretty depressing. I can understand angsty teenagers liking it and then forming an attachment, but realistically they're a pretty "meh" band. Sort of like Blink 182 and Linkin Park really.

Yeah, I was thinking that my life can be depressing enough. Don't need music for that. :pac:

All of Radiohead's songs are pretty depressing. I can understand angsty teenagers liking it and then forming an attachment, but realistically they're a pretty "meh" band. Sort of like Blink 182 and Linkin Park really.
    angsty
    Blink 182
    O_o

I'm not going to go on a rant, but I am going to have to completely disagree with ye :P

Radiohead aren't for angsty teenagers at all, I only discovered them properly the summer before last. They're songs can be a little depressing but only if you yourself perceive them that way, for me, I find the majority of their songs beautiful rather than depressing.

They simply can't be compared to Blink 182 or Linkin Park. OK Computer is recognised as one of the defining albums of the 90's! Just check out this review of 3 re-issues. (ignoring the score for Pablo Honey their 1st album). Both OK Computer and the Bends get 10/10!

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/12938-pablo-honey-collectors-edition-the-bends-collectors-edition-ok-computer-collectors-edition/

And to finish I leave you with this, this was in a documentary I watched last night, it's a powerful song, not in the slightest bit depressing!

/fanboyism

I'm attempting to study so I have little else to be at :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Blink 182 had one of the very best drummers in the world and were an essential part of the sound-track to the American Pie series of movies. For a band that wrote most of their songs around 4 power chords, they found ways to create a lot of fun melodies. The immaturity of their lyrics/videos is deceptive, but even at that they're a great fun band.

• Advertisement

I didn't say I didn't like Blink 182. On the contrary, I really like their music. But it's undeniably aimed at angsty as hell teenagers. :P

iamanengine, how old were you the summer before last? I was under the impression that you were younger than me, but clearly you must be a grizzled old man if you weren't a teenager then...

TROLOLOLOLOL :pac:

Advertisement