Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We secretly love farts!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

did ya ever see the trumpet players with the bowl shaped thingie they hold over the end of the trumpet to vary the pitch??

I've tested this and the theory is sound :D Dog jumped 10 ft and didn't know wtf was going on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Originally Posted by Jigsaw
    If you hold your naked arse against an empty wooden wardrobe and fart you get a cool effect. Pure amplification. Much like how an acoustic guitar works.

This also works with the dividing plasterboard cavity wall between the average bathroom and average brothers bedroom next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Try this

Say "do ya smell that?" make it look like you farted, but you haven't.

People will hold their nose's and say "awhh the smell! thats horrible"

I've done this, and people seem to think that there's a smell? jerks :pac:

what i do is say in a room.. do you smell that?

They say no.. what?

Then i let rip.. and say "that"... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Hmm let me guess everyone who loves the smell of farts is male? Btw I feel sick after reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

No way sir. I hate the smell of other peoples farts, i very much like mine tho :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anyone else a 'Duvet Wafter'? Has to be done. Especially if the missus is under there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Anyone else a 'Duvet Wafter'? Has to be done. Especially if the missus is under there.

what, pray tell, is a 'duvet wafter'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

what, pray tell, is a 'duvet wafter'?

Also known as the "Dutch Oven" or "Hot Boxing" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

If ever fart in someones presence ,I'll always say "Any more than two sniffs is a glutten"

Quite respectable of me I think:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I always say ''whoever smelt it delt it'' and while i was rugby tour there was about 2 or 3 of the girls who could launch something else in to the air, 2 to 3 mile no fly zone should have been applied!! Plus my 4 year old son also farts like its gonna out of fashion!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Just think how the Green House effect could be reduced if these types of emissions could be reduced?

Sure that sounds silly, but the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) in the USA funded research to study cow belching and how it contributed to the Green House effect. It was a two year study at $75,000 USD per year! Washington State University conducted the research. Maybe someone should ask for money from the EPA for measuring people farts? Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Just think how the Green House effect could be reduced if these types of emissions could be reduced?

Sure that sounds silly, but the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) in the USA funded research to study cow belching and how it contributed to the Green House effect. It was a two year study at $75,000 USD per year! Washington State University conducted the research. Maybe someone should ask for money from the EPA for measuring people farts? Ha!

Reminds me of that episode of South Park where they discover that holding in farts causes spontaneous combustion :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'll have you know that cow belching related methane is a huge contributor to the greenhouse effect, B!ue. $75000 isn't alot considering the billions that such research could save through combating climate change.

Further research related to belching found that there are certain bacteria found in Kangeroos that contribute towards the Kangeroo not producing as much methane when they belch or fart (even though they aren't ruminants). Scientists are currently looking at ways to modify this bacteria and introduce it to cows so that less methane is produced.

Fart and belch reducing research is at the cutting edge!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,642 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sometimes a really good fart is more satisfying than a good ****.

Advertisement