Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your alcoholic beverage of choice?

Options
  • 25-09-2015 8:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭

In terms of staying healthy/working towards a weight or fitness goal, what are you partial too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Mr Robot wrote: »
    In terms of staying healthy/working towards a weight or fitness goal, what are you partial too?

I have a nice white rum with slimline lime tonic. Delish. And OK on my plan.
    I do slimming world and rum is 3.5 syns.
    4 drinks is 14 syns so within the allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Whiskey with water.

Apparently Margaret Thatcher agreed. I probably match her eggs-wise a week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

A large bottle of McCardles. Absolutely terrible for a diet, but I run about 45 miles a week and only go on the sauce on special occasions so large mac it is for me followed by whisky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I like neat whiskey and red wine.

But, most importantly I think, I drink at least one large glass of water for every alcoholic drink I have, often more.

For me, it slows my drinking right down, so straight away I drink way less when I go out than I used to, when I never bothered drinking water and just horsed a load of beer into me - and was very fat.

I find loads of water means I'm well hydrated, which means no hangover the next day.

So no crap feeling-sorry-for-myself hangover food, plus I get up early and keep up my weekend activities - yoga, running or whatever. Win/win/win!

Advertisement