Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nosh Smoothies

• 30-09-2015 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I bought a Nosh breakfast drink this morning as I was running late. Ingredients says it yogurt, apple juice, banana, strawberry, quinoa and oats. I had it for breakfast with a few pecan nuts. Would this be a healthy-ish breakfast? I know a lot of advice is now juices/smoothies are as bad as soft drinks. It wouldn't be everyday, but on the days I am late/ have no breakfast ready

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What's the total sugar vs fibre? The higher the fibre content the more likely it is to be actual mushed up fruit, as opposed to juice, which is sugary water.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Sala wrote: »
    I bought a Nosh breakfast drink this morning as I was running late. Ingredients says it yogurt, apple juice, banana, strawberry, quinoa and oats. I had it for breakfast with a few pecan nuts. Would this be a healthy-ish breakfast? I know a lot of advice is now juices/smoothies are as bad as soft drinks. It wouldn't be everyday, but on the days I am late/ have no breakfast ready

Would it not be better to pick up one of those trays with your 5 a day?
    Much more filling than a smoothie and prob longer satiety.
    Smoothies may have naturally occurring sugar but its still a lot. And a lot of the fibre is broken down in the process.

It's healthier than a lot of convenience foods you could have picked though in terms of vitamins, fat content, processed sugar etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Zillah wrote: »
    What's the total sugar vs fibre? The higher the fibre content the more likely it is to be actual mushed up fruit, as opposed to juice, which is sugary water.

Thanks for that. It doesn't actually say fibre on it!!! There couldn't be none??
    A 250ml bottle has:
    245cals, 9.6g fat, 31.2g carb of which 20.5g sugar; 7.4 protein;

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Yikes, seems like quite a bit of sugar. That's probably because the second ingredient is apple juice, presumably as a sweetener. Nice as a treat but not a regular if you mean to be healthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yeah I'd say the apple juice constitutes the majority of it. You'd be better off just eating a few pieces of fruit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Zillah wrote: »

The fruit is lumpy in it which is why I'm surprised they don't list fibre- there's quinoa and oats in it so there must be some fibre

Edit I messaged them and they said there are 2-3g of fibre per bottle.

Advertisement