Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breakfast Time

• 15-09-2015 4:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Hey. so ive become some what weight and health concious of late and was wondering. i get up at four to have have breakfast and head of to work. is there any drawbacks to this habit? would there be any benifits to leaving it till later? start work at six, could breakfast at 9?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Old Perry wrote: »
    Hey. so ive become some what weight and health concious of late and was wondering. i get up at four to have have breakfast and head of to work. is there any drawbacks to this habit? would there be any benifits to leaving it till later? start work at six, could breakfast at 9?

thanks.

If you feel hungry eat at 4. If you don't feel hungry, don't eat.

More importantly what do you eat for brekkie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

If you feel hungry eat at 4. If you don't feel hungry, don't eat.

More importantly what do you eat for brekkie?

thanks. cereal. fruit coffee. Or toast with some kind of spread and fruit, mostly banana. iwouldn feel hungry and i get the feeling i wouldn become hungry either until i get the body turnin over ya know? wondering in terms of burning calories/fat/energy would it be more efficient to eat later? or make no difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

thanks. cereal. fruit coffee. Or toast with some kind of spread and fruit, mostly banana. iwouldn feel hungry and i get the feeling i wouldn become hungry either until i get the body turnin over ya know? wondering in terms of burning calories/fat/energy would it be more efficient to eat later? or make no difference?

It doesn't make a difference when you eat. It's all about how many calories you're consuming in a day.

Input your date here:

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

It will give you a rough estimate on how many calories you need a day to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week.

Download 'myfitnesspal' onto your phone and input what you're eating. It's a pain doing it for the first couple of days but you'll get used to it very quickly. Maybe change up from cereal as well, something like green juice, eggs or porridge might be a better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Would you consider eggs for brekkie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭CaptainAhab

I have eggs most work mornings now and don't get hungry until dinner time at 5 or 6. Thats what works for me and the reason is that by avoiding carbs my blood sugar is extremely stable and I subsequently avoid hunger.

I used to eat eggs with mccambridges brown bread and would literally be starving by mid-morning. So my suggestion to you is to experiment and see what works for you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

thanks.

Breakfast is just a term to denote something you eat after you wake up. The time of day that that happens is irrelevant.

What matters is what you eat and in what quantities overall. The combined total calories of what you eat over time is what matters.

Whether you eat at 4am or 9am is meaningless to you end results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Cheers people. given the eggs a go. havent started counting calories just yet. about the timing. it was just a notion i took, similar to if you eat your breakfast lunch and dinner all in one go each day then surely it would affect energy output.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

about the timing. it was just a notion i took, similar to if you eat your breakfast lunch and dinner all in one go each day then surely it would affect energy output.

It's highly unlikely that people eat everything in the one go so it's an extreme. If they're doing that, then nutrient timing is the least of their problems.

If you eat like a normal person, then the timing of when you eat doesn't really matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

colossus-x wrote: »
    Breakfast is just a term to denote something you eat after you wake up. The time of day that that happens is irrelevant.

What matters is what you eat and in what quantities overall. The combined total calories of what you eat over time is what matters.

Whether you eat at 4am or 9am is meaningless to you end results.

+1 on this. It's easy to be brainwashed into thinking breakfast,lunch and dinner need to be at set times to achieve optimal results, the truth is it doesn't matter.

Stay in tune with you're body, eat when you're hungry and sleep when you're tired etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Cheers people. given the eggs a go. havent started counting calories just yet. about the timing. it was just a notion i took, similar to if you eat your breakfast lunch and dinner all in one go each day then surely it would affect energy output.

Try some bacon or minute steak with the eggs. Some avocado on the side also does nicely.

Egg alone will not keep you feeling full for very long as we digest them relatively easily. Mix in a blend of protein sources and fats with the avocado minute steak or bacon and is should keep you ticking over nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Egg alone will not keep you feeling full for very long as we digest them relatively easily.

I find they do, tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,614 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Egg alone will not keep you feeling full for very long as we digest them relatively easily. Mix in a blend of protein sources and fats with the avocado minute steak or bacon and is should keep you ticking over nicely.
    A mix of protein and fat is exactly what eggs are. They are an easy to digest protein, bit they are prob slower than sugar/carb based breakfast.

4 eggs scrambled (280cals) would leave me feeling a lot more full than a similar bowl of cereal - prob 40g with milk, which is very little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

A mix of protein and fat is exactly what eggs are. They are an easy to digest protein, bit they are prob slower than sugar/carb based breakfast.

4 eggs scrambled (280cals) would leave me feeling a lot more full than a similar bowl of cereal - prob 40g with milk, which is very little.

I never said they weren't.

I said a mix of protein and fat sources . Personally if I just have eggs I feel hungry a couple of hours later.

I like to add chicken or beef to up the protein and vary the source and flavour, some greens and avocado give me a nice mix of sources and tends to keep me from feeling hungry much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,614 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I never said they weren't.

I said a mix of protein and fat sources . Personally if I just have eggs I feel hungry a couple of hours later.

I like to add chicken or beef to up the protein and vary the source and flavour, some greens and avocado give me a nice mix of sources and tends to keep me from feeling hungry much longer.
    I think we're saying the same thing really. I usually eat small meals often. I wouldn't expect to get more then a few hours out of just a few eggs, it's only 280 cals. But if I wanted a proper "meal", like on a Saturday say, it'd be eggs, avocado, meat, maybe beans or something

Advertisement