Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

irish_goat wrote: »
    Not that I've noticed. MW2 is ridiculous, I attempted to play it a few weeks ago but gave up after about 30 mins.

Yeah, nothing quite like getting spawn killed by a shotgun as the game starts :( Was my first real online FPS and had great fun with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare to feature hover bikes, 3D printer guns
    The Latest Introduction Of The Call Of Duty Series, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare Will Have Hi-Tech Warfare Devices, Including Exo Suits, 3-D Printer Rifle, And Hover Bikes.

The forthcoming Call of Duty video game will include a hover motorbike. The fast, multipurpose bike was designed after real snowmobiles and motorcycles, and will accelerate very quickly.

The motorbikes will incorporate heavily armored boards that can deflect and dodge bullets, signifying that enemies in the game will find it hard to bring a player down on the ground from his bike.

Gamers will also get arms and ammunition in the form of Exo suit, identical to the outfits that characters in the game wore in Crysis games. Furthermore, these hi-tech suits will allow players to jump higher, be physically stronger, and move faster. Some editions of Exo suit will also be able to guard players from the bullets of enemies.

Full Article

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

irish_goat wrote: »
    Not that I've noticed. MW2 is ridiculous, I attempted to play it a few weeks ago but gave up after about 30 mins.

Typical, I was on Black Ops 2 last night and got into a game with a hacker. He was invincible with super speed and constant UAV, plus he managed to change the view to 3rd person mode and make the screen all green. I think he got banned pretty quick though as I wasn't able to view his profile after the match. I really don't understand why people bother, surely the novelty wears off after a few games like that. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I've only been in one hacked lobby on BO2 but we could see what he was toggling in the kill feed. Turned on god mode, killed all of us on his team and we backed out.

Enemy team thought Eamonn was the hacker because he started the game with full steaks and killed a lad sitting in a corner because your man had turned on a vsat.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Makaveli wrote: »
    I've only been in one hacked lobby on BO2 but we could see what he was toggling in the kill feed. Turned on god mode, killed all of us on his team and we backed out.

Enemy team thought Eamonn was the hacker because he started the game with full steaks and killed a lad sitting in a corner because your man had turned on a vsat.

A new take on hacking alright, hack the game and give the advantage to the other team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ali-A was saying he got a questionnaire that was sent out to random cod players asking what they would like to see, couple of the interesting offers include for players who pre-order was to be part of an closed beta also another one which would be of great interest to me would be 48 hour early access to the multiplayer part of the game! Now that would appeal to me as i'm always trying to get a copy of the game early, that would mean access from midnight on Saturday night, probably for those who are buying the downloadable version from the psn/Live store!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

not too shabby if i say so myself!..i cant wait to see what the call of duty haters will come up with THIS year to moan about:rolleyes:

I'm not a hater and have supported the franchise since World at War but this looks ****e, it looks like the missing single player campaign from Titanfall, I really am tired of these future storylines, I think this will be one of the final nails in the coffin of the Call of duty franchise, our only hope will be Treyarch's effort next year, I'm hoping they will see the success of Wolfenstien The new order and hope they go back to World War 2, back to basics and give us World at War 2 for the next generation, Ghosts was pretty poor but this is looking like being a lot worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

In fairness, it looks so much like titanfall that its not even funny. The drop pods, and the assault rifle with the H-cog sight look like they've been ripped directly out of titanfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Would absolutely love a new ww2 shooter or even a Vietnam war cod. Getting sick of these futuristic shooters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I would have been happy with a MW2/3/COD4 replica but nope they have to do some ****e future stuff

Let us hope Treyarch give us what we want! I'd even be happy with a next gen version of World at War, so many great maps, Dome, Castle, Cliffside, and the overpowered MP40 lol! I've been tweeting to Treyarch and David Vonderveer (sp?) asking them to go back to basics! We shall see if they will listen.

First impression is that its a lazy effort, that gun is blatant clone of the main assault rifle from Titanfall for starters, we'll see what the multiplayer footage shows when it gets revealed but I'd imagine they'll have some adapted version of the wall running and jumping mechanics from Titanfall and the like, it don't look too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jasoncoylerd

this game can be no worse than ghosts, the maps in it are all awful, theres no other games on the ps4 at the minute either that i think are worth playing so i threw the ps4 into the wardrobe and took my ps3 back out of the attic and started playing BO2 again, i didnt like that game at the time but the maps in it are so much better and enjoyable!

nothing will ever beat cod4 or mw2, they need to go back to basics alright, battlefield5 looks good from their trailers, if advanced warfare doesnt beat ghosts then i think ill be jumping ship to battlefield!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,352 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Would absolutely love a new ww2 shooter or even a Vietnam war cod. Getting sick of these futuristic shooters.

It really has gone full circle :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Liam O wrote: »
    It really has gone full circle :p

we have not seen an american revolution cod game :P that be sick haha imagin the reload times haha
    no more dying every 10 seconds now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

nothing will ever beat cod4 or mw2, they need to go back to basics alright, battlefield5 looks good from their trailers, if advanced warfare doesnt beat ghosts then i think ill be jumping ship to battlefield!

Or just revert back to playing Black Ops 2 like some of us :pac:

x43r0 wrote: »

Even playing black ops 1 last night still 45000 playing it, had good fun, not sure if it's been hacked or not but didn't come across any on hardcore.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jasoncoylerd

x43r0 wrote: »

didnt particularly like bo or bo2, however the maps in bo2 were quite good. but have played a bit of bo2 recently aswell as mw3 there last week , it still seemed ok, didnt appear to be hacked and there was still no problem getting a game on it as there seemed to be plenty online

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭badger57

Hope it's better than the last one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Didnt even buy ghosts. Is it that bad?? I must say that trailer really looks disappointing tbh. I also hate Kevin Spacy :D

I agree with the posts about past games, I have gone back to MW2 for the last month - Absolutely Epic game. I'm getting a hack about every game in 10 so I can live with it.

BLOPS2 was never playable for me - bought 2 copies for my psslim and i couldnt play it for more than one game without it freezing.. So I bought a new ps3 when GTA came out. Same problem :(

But I am still in love with MW2 so thats all good :D 31 days playtime!!

ardinn wrote: »
    Didnt even buy ghosts. Is it that bad?? I must say that trailer really looks disappointing tbh. I also hate Kevin Spacy :D

I agree with the posts about past games, I have gone back to MW2 for the last month - Absolutely Epic game. I'm getting a hack about every game in 10 so I can live with it.

BLOPS2 was never playable for me - bought 2 copies for my psslim and i couldnt play it for more than one game without it freezing.. So I bought a new ps3 when GTA came out. Same problem :(

But I am still in love with MW2 so thats all good :D 31 days playtime!!

Ghosts is truly awful

BLOPS2 in my opinion is the most well balanced of all the games

I'm not holding out much hope for this upcoming one :(

i like ghosts. but bo2 was better in my opinion. bo2 was the best cod since mw2

Don't hold out any hope for this one Treyarch's Black Ops 3 or World at War 2, will be the one to save the series, outside of that the other two studios really haven't got a clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sledgehammer were working on a 3rd person CoD set in Vietnam when they were asked to drop it and help finish MW3. Some screen shots were released recently and I rather see that game made than any other CoD. I never liked any of Treyarch's COD games, they are weak links imo.

Sledgehammer were working on a 3rd person CoD set in Vietnam when they were asked to drop it and help finish MW3. Some screen shots were released recently and I rather see that game made than any other CoD. I never liked any of Treyarch's COD games, they are weak links imo.
    Not anymore have you played the rubbish that is Ghosts? IW pt 2 is a shadow of the MW1 and MW2 IW and I don't like what I'm seeing with AW, MW3 was nothing special either Treyarch are now the lead developer of the 3 and will deliver a decent game!

• Multiplayer reveal being streamed here shortly for anyone interested: http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/livestream

Multiplayer reveal being streamed here shortly for anyone interested: http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/livestream

its today? i knew it was someday soon, i figured the end of the week. seems im the only person looking forward to AW :D

Lots of jumping with the Eco-suite pick 10 is back except its pick 13, new game mode that's kind of call of duty basketball, also pre-order it and get it 24 early, which should mean if you order it digitally you should have it midnight Sunday and you get 24 hours double xp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Not too sure about this to be honest. Trailer looks nice but so did ghosts and look how that turned out :( Would love to have a quick beta but that wont happen. Will prob still end up getting it at midnight release though lol

well that was.........strange.

im as big a call of duty fan you can get and i dont even know how to feel about it. i like the idea of the high jumping. the quick dashes, plasma looking guns and all the other lazer tag looking stuff is worrying IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Only 42 posts on a COD that's only three months away. Haven't played COD seriously since BO1. BO2 did a lot of things right, but I hated that quick scoping returned in it. I've ghosts for the PS4 an I'd say I played it for maybe five or six hours. Dreadful stuff altogether. Buzz seems to be decent so for for AW, but it's weird (well not really) how little people seem to give a **** about the franchise anymore. They really fla'd the arse out of it. To think I've gone from taking a week off work for MW2 to Meh, shrugs shoulders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

looks like titanfall to me
    i will still be getting it though, its the one game i play non stop , even ghosts has kept me going even though its the longest its taken me to prestige master, on my last character and then back to watch dogs till november

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I ma looking forward to it.Play other games for a bit and then seem to switch back to ghosts/Blops2 and MW3 depending on the day. I seem to be one of the few people around that enjoys playing Ghosts. Have about 15 days played at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Haven't bought a COD since MW3 - that game left a bad taste in my mouth but I was intrigued as to what this would bring to the table and after seeing the gameplay, I can genuinely say without a shadow of a doubt whatsoever - consider me completely uninterested. Just look at the numbers. Even on here, 4 pages for a COD game that will be released in a few weeks?! The franchise is dying and AW certainly won't save it.

It's a poor mans Titanfall. The difference being you can't even parkour and run along buildings - you can only jump and side-straffe (something I imagine will be the focus of never-ending frustration upon release). Whereas Titanfall has wide open maps that gave you the freedom to bounce around, I've seen AW has small corridoor type levels where you can't even use your new abilities which defeats the purpose altogether. It just doesn't make any sense.

The engine is still as old and as stale as ever - no destruction at all and the visuals leave a lot to be desired for a next gen product. Quick-scoping is back along with a perk not too dissimilar to Last Stand - two game breaking features.

It's shame as I was looking forward to probably getting back into the franchise but from what I can see, I've been turned right off. It's a no-purchase from me again this year.

• Advertisement

yeah cod is the one game bar fifa that i would play online for the majority of the year. even ghosts which is crap, i still enjoy. every other game, i just buy for its story mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Ravenid

I'm very worried for COD after what I saw yesterday.

Titanfall/Planetside 2 Infantry mechanics on maps a BF4 designer could walkthrough blindfolded. (Hell you could rename Biolab Metro 2 and release it in a new BF4 DLC. No one would be any wiser.)

Borderlands 2 Loot system.

A failed attempt at BF4's Levolution (Looked more like a wavepool than anything else.) and we all know how much fun it was to watch the tower fall over after the 100th time playing BF4. Of all the things COD could have stolen why that (Small mercies it wasn't the Netcode....)

And Uplink looked like EA just ripped the mechanics it out of NBA2K14 or the Harry Potter Quidditch game and stuck a gun on it.

There isn't 1 new idea in this game.

• Yet again I see no improvement in the graphics whatsoever.

And there nicking Titanfall / Planetside mechanics by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yet again I see no improvement in the graphics whatsoever.

And there nicking Titanfall / Planetside mechanics by the looks of it.

Yeah, I was like "Awesome, COD is finally innovating..."

But then I was like, "Wow, this is not different AT ALL...it's...exactly.....the same."

All the talk of "verticality"...if being able to jump on top of a one story building is "verticality" then I think I've just entered 2001. :( The kids will buy it of course which is why it's marketed to that demographic.

I'm just done, thoroughly done, as I'm sure a lot of people are (considering the pre-order numbers and general decline of copies sold) with the whole COD concept. It's not so much the individual games - it's the whole mechanism of what Call of Duty is - small, corridoor, maze-like infantry maps with limited freedom. It's not that it's a bad idea - it's just that I've been playing this game for 7 years now and I'm looking for something different.

• Thoughts on the new COD....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Definitely satirical, I thought it was funny! :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It's how I'd imagine Lockie looks when raging...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Ill shove that laptop up your hole babe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,134 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

There's a few vids going around of the multi player but none of them seem impartial.

Anybody know of any commentators not afraid to call it as it is?

everlast75 wrote: »
    There's a few vids going around of the multi player but none of them seem impartial.

Anybody know of any commentators not afraid to call it as it is?

Yeah was watching some of Ali-A's videos but a lot of these guys get brought to Gamescon by activision so aren't going to dis the game, there was no mention of dedicated servers or a new engine in the multiplayer reveal either, I'll deffo get it, but I think it's looking like another Ghosts to me at this stage. I'm really hoping that Treyarch save the franchise next year they need to go back to basics with a WW2 shooter, I'd be happy with a next gen version of World at War at this stage!

saw someone playing it on youtube and they said the graphics are exactly the same as ghosts. ghost is one of those 'mid-gen' games but sledgehammer said that its being made for the next gen consoles so im very dissapointed in no graphical improvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

MarkY91 wrote: »
    saw someone playing it on youtube and they said the graphics are exactly the same as ghosts. ghost is one of those 'mid-gen' games but sledgehammer said that its being made for the next gen consoles so im very dissapointed in no graphical improvement

Nothing wrong with the graphics in ghosts. Probably th best thing about the game.

Seems like a fairly unbiased look at AW. Looks like BO2 with Titanfall jumping to me.

Nothing wrong with the graphics in ghosts. Probably th best thing about the game.

yeah i know but its the start of "this" gen so i just assumed we would see better graphics each year for the next couple going by it being a fresh console if you get me

Looks like BO2

tumblr_inline_n7sfpiB1Hn1rjgxsb.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement