Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

• 01-05-2014 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

KBTYZMel.jpg
    KQtoItol.jpg
    We've known for a few months that Sledgehammer Games will be taking over the reins for this year's Call of Duty entry, and our next cover story features twelve pages of exclusive and extensive details. We visited the studio, spoke with co-founders Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey, and are ready to tell you everything we know.

To time the issue's release with the first trailer for the game, we will be releasing this issue three days early for our digital subscribers.

This Sunday at 12:00 PM Central time (10:00 AM Pacific) we will reveal the cover image and the first details on the game including the name, so please come back this weekend to see the cover and the game in action for the first time. We will release the digital issue shortly afterwards.

In the meantime, we have this in-game screen shot that has many hints about the next Call of Duty (and puts many of the rumors to bed).

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/05/01/exclusive-call-of-duty-screen-june-cover.aspx

Golden gate Bridge. San francisco. America invaded again? Sigh. They should have given this series at least a year off.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

cloud493 wrote: »
    KBTYZMel.jpg
    KQtoItol.jpg

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/05/01/exclusive-call-of-duty-screen-june-cover.aspx

Golden gate Bridge. San francisco. America invaded again? Sigh. They should have given this series at least a year off.

They did shifted to 3 year production cycle. Its a good thing. Though at this stage I care ( on a sale careish ) only about Trayarch Call of Duty as they try to make it more interesting by mixing a formula a bit. Plus single player of Black OPS 2 was freaking amazing.

So yeah, I will still watch it, hopefully they will show actual gameplay. If they are on the same engine again.... well..... Gl luck lads... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Call of Duty 2014
    Call of Duty: Fall of Titans
    Ultimate Call of Duty Turbo Remix II
    Call of Duty: Duty Calls
    Call of Duty: Patriots
    Call of Duty: Dog Simulator
    Call of Duty: Coalition of the Willing
    Call of Duty: Corridor Simulator
    Call of Duty: No hacks this time, we promise
    Call of Duty: Honor, Valor, Courage, Bravery, Synergy
    Ultimate Call of Duty Fighter 2014
    The Legend of Call of Duty
    Call of Duty: Michael Bay Edition
    Call of Duty: First Class
    Call of Duty: (D)uty, (L)oyalty, and (C)ourage
    Call of Duty: Call of Duty never changes

*yawn*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I find it hard to stress just how bored I've become with this series. It's like every time I look at the shelves of a games shop there's a new Call of Duty staring back at me that looks no different from the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ghosts Single Player was a disaster. I think the last single player I genuinely really enjoyed was the first Black Ops - I used to buy them for SP and MP, but I didn't play Ghosts online at all, and Black Ops 2 only on rare days. Only got around to playing the BF4 single player recently, far better than Ghosts effort.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,722 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The vintage Call of Duty school of design has already gotten the boot up the arse and forward thinking refinement it deserves. It just happens to be called Titanfall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

The vintage Call of Duty school of design has already gotten the boot up the arse and forward thinking refinement it deserves. It just happens to be called Titanfall.

I played some of Titanfall when it was in beta, and loved it. I'm just hoping that it doesn't also cough up an annual release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I swore I read somewhere that the next one was set in WW1. Maybe I dreamt it. I haven't played one since MW2 so a WW1 version might have been interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Flashbacks like in black ops :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Call of Duty: Flashbacks

I'd buy it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

All the while Call of Duty Online is F2P on PC and delivers the best levels from the MW series.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

All the while Call of Duty Online is F2P on PC and delivers the best levels from the MW series.

Isn't that China only though? I can't imagine connection would be much good even if you could get into it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Isn't that China only though? I can't imagine connection would be much good even if you could get into it.

I've played, ping is about 150ms, fine for me mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

This may be rose tinted glasses and all that, but I think if they just re-released MW2 MP, nerfed the noob-tube and commando and sorted out the spawns and hackers and made it DLC for MW2, rather than a new game I would be more than happy to buy it.

Even with two studios, the most popular/interesting of games is going to get tiresome after a few years of updates/re-releases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

As someone who used to love COD, COD1 , United Offensive...COD2 , Modern Warfare etc,,,,
    My reaction in the last few years at each new announcement about moddable weapons and dogs has gone from

qJ3Ie3e.gif

to

JEliIZY.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,049 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

cloud493 wrote: »
    KBTYZMel.jpg
    KQtoItol.jpg

what i gather from that screenshot is they are trying to make a Titanfall competitor. Here is your soldier in an exoskeleton. Oh. Wow. Let me jizz all over myself and throw my wallet on the ground, I get to run fast with a machinegun and jump a story and a half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

So... Call of Duty Crysis edition it is then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, that facial animation of Kevin Spacey is pretty terrible, an utterly dead-eyed waxwork. I guess CoD's animations were always a bit janky, but the fact this time they're using such a familiar, celebrity face just makes it look worse than normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Looks more like Call of Duty: House of Cards Edition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Uh?

I dont know how to feel about this. The trailer looks good, but I'll definitely be holding of on purchasing until at least a fortnight after launch. ghosts just burned me too badly with the level of suck it bought to the table.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'll sell like crazy, regardless of what we say about it here.

I am always very optimistic about cod new releases and always get a slap up to my face ( black ops 2 was exception, I did discovered it only very late in to its life spam).
    This looks like it could be fun, some really cool tech, but I can already bet my balls on it, it is only single player and multilayer will be old same **** with same killstreaks, bit in different skins.

Then again, looks like they are on same old engine, which at this stage: are you fecking kidding me?!

• There is never anything subtle about Call of Duty anymore, it's a constant barrage of high octane action it's same old and exhausting formula.
    I'd swore I watched a combination of Crysis & Black Ops II

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Amusingly enough, I only decided to play catch up on the CoD games this week with BLOPS I currently winging its way through the postal system to me.

Not gona lie, this does look fun though but I'm one of those odd people who play these games primarily for the single player campaign. It's my Summer Blockbuster title I suppose, I know what I'm getting myself in for and so far haven't been disappointed. I did put about 90 hours into MW2 online before I hit the boredom wall hard but from the looks of footage from subsequent games, it doesn't look like there's been anything added to bring me back any time soon.

As for the engine issue, I doubt they'll go for a full rewrite until they completely move to next gen, until then there's no real point investing in tech and asset creation when the biggest selling SKUs won't be able to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

I thought they were using a new engine for this because it looks the same as all the others,i bet the guns will look the same and sound the same all over again.
    Christ even the name,they went from modern warfare to advanced,that was the best they could do.
    If titanfall had never happened and a new call of duty trailer came out that had the ideas and gameplay of titanfall,then you could say that they are at least trying something fresh but this is just depressing.
    Throwing a badly animated kevin spacey is not going to make me sit up and take notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

I thought they were using a new engine for this because it looks the same as all the others,i bet the guns will look the same and sound the same all over again.
    Christ even the name,they went from modern warfare to advanced,that was the best they could do.
    If titanfall had never happened and a new call of duty trailer came out that had the ideas and gameplay of titanfall,then you could say that they are at least trying something fresh but this is just depressing.
    Throwing a badly animated kevin spacey in is not going to make me sit up and take notice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Erm, COD Forum...

Anyway, Ghosts was utterly appalling - it was also completely and unplayably broken. It was worse than BF4 for me (which was totally trucked for everyone when it launched). Stick a fork in CoD, it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

looks ****e.. should have gone back to world war 2 setting...... too much futuristic stuff going on... want a fps thats a good gun and run style game and is not to over reliant on gadgets and what like..........

• Advertisement

So, I reckon the 'Modern' suffix has been retired and it will be 'Advanced' from now on; Advanced Warfare, Advanced Warfare 2, etc., etc. Must be saving 'Future' for another time.

However, I am sure we can call this one: House of Cod; Cards of Duty; Call of Duty: House of Cards; Call of Cards: Spacey Warfare.

I think what annoys me the most is that they always lead with a single-player trailer, suggesting a single-player game. And no matter how good the single-player looks, it will still be a short-arsed <6 hour campaign of corridor action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

COD: Kevin Spacey

Starring, Kevin Spacey as Kevin Spacey
    Co-Starring Kevin Spacey as The Illusive Man

I like him as an actor tbh, but not enough to buy COD:AW
    The last decent one i played was cod4, and that was back in what, 2008?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    looks ****e.. should have gone back to world war 2 setting...... too much futuristic stuff going on... want a fps thats a good gun and run style game and is not to over reliant on gadgets and what like..........

Boom, so to speak.
    Falthyron wrote: »
    So, I reckon the 'Modern' suffix has been retired and it will be 'Advanced' from now on; Advanced Warfare, Advanced Warfare 2, etc., etc. Must be saving 'Future' for another time.
    The Modern suffix denoted the entries where Infinity Ward was the lead developer. I imagine that was retired when they moved to Ghosts for the last iteration. This is Sledgehammers first game as the lead developer so they get their own suffix. Not really surprising they went with Advanced what with Ubisoft already having Future Soldier.

A bit off topic, but I got one of those advertisement booklets the other day ( you know little magazine with all local business ads ) and there was an ad for Bouncy castles. I **** you not, one of the Bouncy castles was Call of Duty Ghost themed! So...... I guess the they finally nailed their age demograpfic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

COD: Kevin Spacey

Starring, Kevin Spacey as Kevin Spacey
    Co-Starring Kevin Spacey as The Illusive Man

I like him as an actor tbh, but not enough to buy COD:AW

"Look at me, jerking off in the shower... This will be the high point of my day; it's all downhill from here."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I remember reading that Sledgehammer said this would be the most creative COD yet. But from the reveal it just looks like COD meets Crysis. I'll reserve further judgement until they release more details and gameplay, but so far meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

:pac:

Never bought a COD game never will.

:pac:

Whatever people are into...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

It looks kinda like Call of Titancrysis.

Unless they released an updated/reboot of the COD4 or MW2 games, not going to happen, I know(!) , I have no interest in returning to the series.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    It looks kinda like Call of Titancrysis.

Crysis: Call the Titans. :pac:

I didn't buy Ghosts, but I did buy Battlefield 4. I reckon I will be avoiding both franchises from now on. Titanfall on the other hand is very enjoyably and reminds me of the frantic nature of Quake III Arena or Unreal Tournament. Gonna stick with that for a while.

In House of Cards you can see Kevin Spacey's character, Frank Underwood, playing COD on his console (can't remember if it was an Xbox or PS3). I wonder will Sledgehammer Games go all meta and have Kevin Spacey's character in COD:AW watching an episode of House of Cards, or have it on in the background. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

My expectations of COD are low, but truthfully I usually enjoy it. The single player can be frustrating but it is usually short and variable. The multiplayer is what I have come to expect. I get to go in there, shoot a few dudes, get shot at, respwan instantly and back in to shoot a few dudes. Every few games I get a new gun or something to try it. Its something I can play for 30 minutes to an hour with my mates online and have a bit of fun. I know its the same tired old game year in year out, but like I said my expectations are low.

Call of Duty: Advance Warfare ending leaked:

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    "Look at me, jerking off in the shower... This will be the high point of my day; it's all downhill from here."

What is that from?

What is that from?

American Beauty. Film made in 1999 (iirc).

shame on me, never seen it :/

I did enjoy the call of duty games till ghosts. Then I didn't enjoy it at all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I ain't a fan of the series at all, but that looks like a new engine to me?

A lot more going on than any other COD from what I can see....

Fieldog wrote: »

A lot more going on than any other COD from what I can see....

Are you suggesting there are even more explosions? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MW2 was the pinnacle, and only because it built on a perfect framework from MW.

I still play Mw2 and Mw on PC, and there is still a great community around it on PC.

There was a market there for a twitch shooter to just absorb the masses after the vacuum of Quake, and CoD and Halo 3 pretty much came out together, and sucked up that vacuum.

With the arrival of a host of new FPs games though, the market is getting a lot of choice. There is still room there for ONE topend twitch shooter, but CoD has a lot of work to do to get back to being number 1.

I'd frankly love a good CoD game to be excellent noline to play on my PS4 with friends, like I lost months of my life to MW and Halo 3 on Xbox.

Fearful it wont happen though :(

First proper next gen title, they'd have to have a new engine I'd think.

TheDoc wrote: »
    MW2 was the pinnacle, and only because it built on a perfect framework from MW.

I still play Mw2 and Mw on PC, and there is still a great community around it on PC.

There was a market there for a twitch shooter to just absorb the masses after the vacuum of Quake, and CoD and Halo 3 pretty much came out together, and sucked up that vacuum.

With the arrival of a host of new FPs games though, the market is getting a lot of choice. There is still room there for ONE topend twitch shooter, but CoD has a lot of work to do to get back to being number 1.

I'd frankly love a good CoD game to be excellent noline to play on my PS4 with friends, like I lost months of my life to MW and Halo 3 on Xbox.

Fearful it wont happen though :(

I though MW2 was killed off by hackers? MW2 was not great, but it was one of the Cods that we played with the lads for stupid amount of time... Would love to give it a wee go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I played MW2 until I found myself in a hacked game once, lost all my weapons and never went back to it.

Probably for the best I was **** at it anyway! lol.

edit.. Strangely I'm not bad at Halo games. Even managed to win a few games online.

COD for me is just too hectic and too snipery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement