Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Evolve - 4v1 from the makers of L4D (multi format)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Think the comments on here have spares me a 12Gb download

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got some codes not sure which I used already myself, so one won't work.

PS4

CFNL-3KNN-28TJ
    CFL8-QDNH-PL2Q
    5EBF-H4NQ-M583
    CR7Q-35NB-3TD8

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

ems_medic wrote: »
    Altough it's an Alpha I have to say this game is terrible. Very repetitive, dead maps with nothing happening and running around chasing blue footprints for 3 minutes, attack monster he runs and rinse and repeat.

Concept was a great idea but in practice it's terrible.

Thought it was great

Couldn't catch him no matter how hard we tried, eventually he tried to ambush us in a large building, essentially trapping himself, turned into a 10 minute battle

Looking forward to playing some more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Just out of interest, are you able to play with friends in the alpha, or are you stuck with randomers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

froog wrote: »
    still waiting on the curse pc one, anyone else?

Got mine 5 minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

Id give my thoughts on it, but Im currently only qualified to comment on the searching for game screen...

/edit ah, issues with matchmaking at the moment

https://twitter.com/TurtleRock/status/528239498140737536

ah well, maybe tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

2 games so far.

God damn it takes forever to launch a game. So many menus and loading/waiting periods til you are dropped into the game.

once inside confusing as hell, but a lot of fun. I sucked as the monster but did pretty good as the assault. It really needs the ability to look over the characters and set up preset perks/loadouts cause thats what eats up a lot of the menu/loading malarky leading into each match.

might be easier in a party?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not great is it? Feels like a really expensive game of hide and seek. You spend the vast majority of the game just running around the jungle chasing someone and then they hide for long enough that they can finally come out and destroy you. Certainly nowhere near the level of Left for Dead on first impressions.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've been watching some streams of it this evening, it looks ok, but that's about as much as I can give it. Maybe it plays a lot better than it looks.

Seems like there are a lot of delays for people trying to get into games too, doesn't bode well for it's ability to support its playerbase at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So you can't actually play this game with a party of 5. The monster has to be a random from a random queue. That's the end of this before it even starts.

How and in what world is that ever a smart game decision. The hype for this game between myself and my friends was that we can play between ourselves as 5 taking turns as the monster but they won't let you.

I am honestly lost for words at how utterly stupid a design decision this is.

• Advertisement

easily changed tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Jesus.. a surprising amount of hate for the game.

I'm going to wait till I play it before saying much but I'm still looking forward to the game.

Big Knox wrote: »
    So you can't actually play this game with a party of 5. The monster has to be a random from a random queue. That's the end of this before it even starts.

How and in what world is that ever a smart game decision. The hype for this game between myself and my friends was that we can play between ourselves as 5 taking turns as the monster but they won't let you.

I am honestly lost for words at how utterly stupid a design decision this is.

I don't for a second believe this will be the way it works in the final version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Oak76 wrote: »
    I don't for a second believe this will be the way it works in the final version.

It surely can't its such a weird decision. I know there's levels and XP in the game and they are probably worried about "boosting" but they would be alienating a very large portion of their potential playerbase by keeping it this way.

Just got an email with more codes for anyone who wants to try it for themselves. PC codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

pc codes -

0KBRN-FHADX-FFY05
    0KBT2-4Z8T8-5JFG8

0KBWT-3TKVF-XT6X2
    0KBYR-5HEXP-NC7BG

Fair play for sharing the codes folks, I'm tempted...

I suppose I could understand the "boosting" concerns but at the expense of playing with friends? Not the decision I'd have made and not one that's going to be easy to sell to people.

yea, Ive 8 more codes, in case anyones looking for one

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

for anyone who has x-com enemy unknown on steam, you get access to the alpha, no key required, the game should show up under your library on steam.

I just got an email with a code, it seems they really want me to play :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

froog wrote: »
    pc codes -

0KBRN-FHADX-FFY05
    0KBT2-4Z8T8-5JFG8
    0KBWT-3TKVF-XT6X2
    0KBYR-5HEXP-NC7BG

Hi,

my friends used

0KBRN-FHADX-FFY05
    0KBT2-4Z8T8-5JFG8

because we need a new Co-Op game to try.

Thanks very much. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

really enjoying this game
    have to say, thought the idea at first was stupid,
    but its quite well balanced, if the monster player knows what hes doing

I can understand some people saying you can kill the monster within the first 3 minutes, it happened to me a few times, but to be fair, its going to take abit longer then 1-2 days for everyone to have a shot at been it and knowing how the game works.

First game I went into I was the monster. I died in 6 minutes, because I didnt have a clue what I was doing :L, next game I went into I was medic, we lost because I didnt know what I was doing.

Now I know what I'm doing, and the past few games other people have as well, so its lasting longer and finding it more fun :D day one for me so far :)

yea playing vs a good monster makes for a very exciting game

I think its pretty good imo. Hopefully theres a (good) few more monster types in full game

I got a couple of quick games in, did well with the assault class, didn't do so well with a Support.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dermoinhouse

Wossack wrote: »
    yea, Ive 8 more codes, in case anyones looking for one

would love a pc code ,if you have one to spare,looking at the streams, it looks a fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

enjoying this. some really bad monsters around though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If anyone has a PC code, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If anyone has a PC code, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Sending one on to you now.

would love a pc code ,if you have one to spare,looking at the streams, it looks a fun game.

pm'd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 dermoinhouse

Wossack wrote: »
    pm'd!

thanks, looking forward to playing the Goliath, love the detail they put into the character!

Advertisement